Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:54:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Senate resolution: Improve the Senate Rules (Final vote)  (Read 2053 times)
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« on: May 10, 2015, 02:35:55 PM »

Two things:

I think the issue Nix is referring to is that seniority is decided by the time stamp on the swearing in thread, and, as that measures to the second, it's very very unlikely that two senators swear in at the same time.

It's a very good idea to change the expulsion section, but I'm not clear either why the president of the senate when they're a senator don't get a vote, and, even if they're not, don't get to participate. I'm also not sure why a senator needs to hire an attorney, or what the attorney would do.

bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 06:35:57 AM »

Well as Talleyrand says, due to the way the forum works there has to be one post after another even if they were sent at the same time, so we can just put a sentence along the lines of "Seniority shall be determined by the length of continuous service" to the first mention of it, which is in Article II Section II
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 06:09:18 PM »

Windjammer's right here. Whatever else we do here (and I don't want to get too involved, this not really being about me) we need to change the expulsion part, because it refers exclusively to an office that no longer exists.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies