Opinion of Juggalos
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:18:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Opinion of Juggalos
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Juggalos
Freedom Fighters

Horrible People

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Opinion of Juggalos  (Read 5879 times)
TNF
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:50 AM »

OK my point was simply that there was no hypocrisy in attacking Juggalos from my subculture, it's quite common. Plus consistent. Can you seriously imagine someone who is a fan of this type of band being an ICP fan? I mean even if they liked any hip hop music AT ALL...

Furthermore it's well known that ICP's music is full of misogyny, homophobia and glorifies violence and is extremely un-PC. Is it any surprise it'd be hated by some of the most politically correct out there? I mean, consider that even Dude Fest has come under controversy before due to the name, with some people in some zines finding it sexist. In 2007 there was even "A Different Kind of Dude Fest", a more political and SJW-oriented musical fest of the same type in Baltimore and the name primarily protesting that even if the "Dude Fest" name was a joke it had undertones of the institutionalized sexism of mainstream culture in it. Even some bands that played at the normal Dude Fest played at that. It's no coincidence these Juggalo gangs also popped up. Can you imagine gangs of SJW hardcore fans? Of course not because that'd be completely antithetical to all their values.

Look, the ICP makes objectively terrible music, I find their mannerisms and rituals bizarre myself, and "Miracles" in particular is one of the most aggressively stupid, anti-facts, anti-thought songs ever recorded.

But I'm glad for these folks that they've found a community where they feel like they belong, and Nix and TNF are absolutely right to decry the sneering classism in this thread.  FF in protest.

So then what's your thoughts on the whole DIY post-hardcore/real emo scene? Because you haven't expressed a particularly positive opinion of that in the past.

News at 11: music reflects the society it develops in

But really, you complain about the 'misogyny, homophobia' etc. here and claim that it's no surprise that 'SJW types' wouldn't like it, but I don't know if that's necessarily true. A lot of people like music that they don't necessarily agree with. I like a lot of older hip-hop, which is often misogynistic and/or homophobic, but I don't automatically agree with what's being asserted by the singer in question. Likewise, I don't care for the politics of  lot of musicians that I like (since I do like a good bit of country, for instance), but I don't have to agree with someone's politics to enjoy their work. Unlike you, I don't judge cultural production on the basis of whether or not it agrees with my specific ideological framework, because if I did, I wouldn't be able to engage with any (or just a very small bit of cultural production), because my views are very much out of the mainstream.

You need to learn how not to make every single act you engage in something that reinforces the things you already hold to be true. Otherwise, you're going to continue to go through life as a stunted, dogmatic imbecile.  
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 11, 2015, 09:39:42 AM »

But you're not in the scene though. As I've stated before it's pretty much a given that the politics of all the musicians in it are going to be progressive SJW-style and they're known for writing long liner notes and inserts decrying things like sexism and homophobia while showing ultra-political correctness. See for example the title of this song. There's no ideological diversity at all, remember what I say about "all liberal all the time" and thus it's largely just assumed that everyone involved shares the same progressive politics. See how bands have no problems attacking George W. Bush and the Iraq War back in the day, and now things like a band from Wisconsin talking between songs about how terrible Scott Walker is, or the shows to raise money against banning gay marriage in 2012 or how the tons of political lyrics are all clearly progressive. In my entire time there I have NEVER seen anyone express conservative views at a show or party.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2015, 09:45:42 AM »

What would I do without you BRTD to keep me up to date with the latest in pop culture fads? Smiley  I know, it's just old fart bias, but they seem to get sillier and sillier with each passing decade.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2015, 09:53:26 AM »

I think the juggalo subculture is kind of dumb, but BRTD can you please stop
Mechaman
Atlas Icon
Jamaica
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2015, 11:35:40 AM »

But you're not in the scene though. As I've stated before it's pretty much a given that the politics of all the musicians in it are going to be progressive SJW-style and they're known for writing long liner notes and inserts decrying things like sexism and homophobia while showing ultra-political correctness. See for example the title of this song. There's no ideological diversity at all, remember what I say about "all liberal all the time" and thus it's largely just assumed that everyone involved shares the same progressive politics. See how bands have no problems attacking George W. Bush and the Iraq War back in the day, and now things like a band from Wisconsin talking between songs about how terrible Scott Walker is, or the shows to raise money against banning gay marriage in 2012 or how the tons of political lyrics are all clearly progressive. In my entire time there I have NEVER seen anyone express conservative views at a show or party.

Bro, if I'm going to listen to music I'm going to listen to music.  If I want to hear politics I'll turn on the news.

I think that's how most sane people operate.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2015, 05:36:36 PM »

Am I the only one who thought this was referring to male prostitutes?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2015, 09:09:02 PM »

TNF for post of the year. Wow.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2015, 09:38:54 PM »

...Agreed.
James Monroe

« Reply #33 on: May 12, 2015, 10:33:31 AM »

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 12, 2015, 08:55:36 PM »

That is without a doubt the douchiest sentence I've ever seen.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2015, 10:03:12 PM »

What song?  You didn't link to a song.
Gustaf
Moderators
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -0.70

« Reply #36 on: May 13, 2015, 07:54:11 AM »

I have never heard of Juggalos before but based on what I'm reading in this thread it's an obvious FF vote.

Both Mechaman and TNF are spot on in their comments.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 09:12:16 AM »

And BRTD's latest for the worst?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length