UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:28:40 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51
Author Topic: UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao  (Read 141068 times)
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -1.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #175 on: September 20, 2015, 07:43:21 PM »

Apropos of nothing:

(courtesy of Cedar Lounge Revolution)
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2015, 07:57:22 PM »

What a saint.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #177 on: September 21, 2015, 09:55:01 AM »

It's telling that this big important China visit right now is being led by Osborne, as opposed to the Foreign Secretary, whose counterpart in most other countries would the one to go.

Just last week he Osborne was touring a naval base pledging to fund Trident... again, in most places that'd be the job of the Defence Minister.

There's something deeply unpleasant about this all.
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #178 on: September 21, 2015, 10:04:36 AM »

It's telling that this big important China visit right now is being led by Osborne, as opposed to the Foreign Secretary, whose counterpart in most other countries would the one to go.

Just last week he Osborne was touring a naval base pledging to fund Trident... again, in most places that'd be the job of the Defence Minister.

There's something deeply unpleasant about this all.
Osborne hogging all the news? there's snout surprising about this

sorry had to...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #179 on: September 21, 2015, 10:12:11 AM »

Can someone explain me what's going on? I'd do a research but I'm too creeped out right now, and in terror of what I may find.

He didn't actually f**k a pig, right?...
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #180 on: September 21, 2015, 10:16:48 AM »

Can someone explain me what's going on? I'd do a research but I'm too creeped out right now, and in terror of what I may find.

As part of a student prank/initiation ritual he put his penis in the mouth of a dead pig, which somebody else was holding.
Hash
Hashemite
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2015, 10:18:28 AM »

It seems like he basically put his dick in a dead pig's mouth.

afleitch
Atlas Star

« Reply #182 on: September 21, 2015, 10:54:55 AM »

Someone who won't be named heard from someone else they had a picture no one else has seen. So Cameron probably did nothing but what a great way to discredit all the other allegations against him (that have some substance) by letting people think he 'f-cked a pig' for a few days.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #183 on: September 21, 2015, 11:03:47 AM »

As part of a student prank/initiation ritual he put his penis in the mouth of a dead pig, which somebody else was holding.

Well it's unlikely he ever actually was a member of the club which would have done this in the first place, so...
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #184 on: September 21, 2015, 11:10:32 AM »

I'm assuming that Ashcroft is trolling, the sources seem dubious at best. Though as Downing street doesn't seem to have denied it yet, the jury is still out.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #185 on: September 21, 2015, 11:13:54 AM »

Denying it gives the story more airplay.
politicus
Atlas Icon
Denmark

« Reply #186 on: September 21, 2015, 11:19:36 AM »

Well it's unlikely he ever actually was a member of the club which would have done this in the first place, so...

I am not sure the facts really are all that relevant in this case. Often these things takes on a life of their own, voters will never be able to look at Cameron again without thinking: Did he actually do it?

There is an old story about a Danish cabaret star in the 20s whose rival spread a rumor she had had sex with a Saint Bernard. Completely unfounded, of course. Nevertheless the audience started balking at her whenever she went on stage and she eventually had to quit. Later emigrated to Argentina (which would be an ironic place for Cameron to end). Not saying Cameron will meet the same faith, but there is something about accusations of animal sex (and the like) that just tends to stick. It really appeals to human imagination and the coarsest instincts of the public.
Swedish Rainbow Capitalist Cheese
JOHN91043353
YaBB God
Sweden

« Reply #187 on: September 21, 2015, 11:29:29 AM »

There is an old story about a Danish cabaret star in the 20s whose rival spread a rumor she had had sex with a Saint Bernard. Completely unfounded, of course. Nevertheless the audience started balking at her whenever she went on stage and she eventually had to quit. Later emigrated to Argentina (which would be an ironic place for Cameron to end). Not saying Cameron will meet the same faith, but there is something about accusations of animal sex (and the like) that just tends to stick. It really appeals to human imagination and the coarsest instincts of the public.

Catherine the Great of Russia and the story of her making love to a horse would be another example. Though all historians seems agree  it was a completely made up rumor, it's still the most known "fact" about her to this day. 
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #188 on: September 21, 2015, 01:20:45 PM »

Lol rich kids.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #189 on: September 21, 2015, 08:43:12 PM »

oh sweet merciful lord...
Edu
Ufokart
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #190 on: September 21, 2015, 09:00:47 PM »

COMING SOON IN THEATERS!

STARRING

DAVID "KOBIDOBIDOG" CAMERON              AND                 JON HAM

IN

LAST PORKCHOP IN OXFORD

Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #191 on: September 22, 2015, 05:56:22 AM »

I am not sure the facts really are all that relevant in this case. Often these things takes on a life of their own, voters will never be able to look at Cameron again without thinking: Did he actually do it?

Not political but another example is Richard Gere.
mvd10
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.58, S: -2.61

« Reply #192 on: September 22, 2015, 09:31:35 AM »

Any religious socially conservative MP's who might have trouble with this lol? (English Huckabees/Santorums basically)? Cameron probably didn't do it and if he even did it it isn't that much of a problem imo (most people will discard it as nonsense and I doubt independents and everyone to the right of them will ever vote for Corbyn) but it would be something if the cabinet fell because of religious people having trouble with this.
Beezer

Political Matrix
E: 1.61, S: -2.17

« Reply #193 on: September 22, 2015, 06:08:06 PM »

Richard Gere also had sex with a pig? Or a St Bernard?
ObserverIE
Ireland, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -1.04

« Reply #194 on: September 22, 2015, 06:43:22 PM »

Richard Gere also had sex with a pig? Or a St Bernard?

Try googling "Richard Gere gerbil".
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2015, 01:12:31 PM »

Redcar steelworks mothballed (again) - 1,700 jobs lost. Appalling news for the North East.
Serenity Now
tomm_86
« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2015, 05:05:17 AM »

Furthermore, this reminds of an excerpt from Hunter S. Thompson’s Fear & Loathing: On The Campaign Trail ’72 about LBJ when running a losing battle for Congress in 1948 against a wealthy pig farmer in Texas:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Silent Hunter
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2015, 02:29:58 PM »

Corbyn wouldn't authorise use of British nuclear weapons
Hnv1
YaBB God

« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2015, 03:54:06 PM »

Eaton writes in the NS that Corbyn attended a Labour Friends of Israel party during the conference accompanied by Benn. It's pretty clear what Corbyn attempted when forming the cabinet, having moderate main frontbenchers as the moderating factor of his reign - thus his right tilt would not be credited to him personally by the hard left and he will be rehabilitated in the eyes of the Labour right.   
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2015, 04:08:27 PM »

Eaton writes in the NS that Corbyn attended a Labour Friends of Israel party during the conference accompanied by Benn. It's pretty clear what Corbyn attempted when forming the cabinet, having moderate main frontbenchers as the moderating factor of his reign - thus his right tilt would not be credited to him personally by the hard left and he will be rehabilitated in the eyes of the Labour right.   

He attended the Friends of Israel party and after his speech, Michael Foster (Labour candidate for Cambourne) shouted on the top of his lungs something along the lines of "You didn't mention Israel once!1!!!11".

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 ... 51  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies