UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:58:00 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao  (Read 141177 times)
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: September 22, 2015, 05:56:22 AM »

Can someone explain me what's going on? I'd do a research but I'm too creeped out right now, and in terror of what I may find.

He didn't actually f**k a pig, right?...

As part of a student prank/initiation ritual he put his penis in the mouth of a dead pig, which somebody else was holding.

Well it's unlikely he ever actually was a member of the club which would have done this in the first place, so...

I am not sure the facts really are all that relevant in this case. Often these things takes on a life of their own, voters will never be able to look at Cameron again without thinking: Did he actually do it?

There is an old story about a Danish cabaret star in the 20s whose rival spread a rumor she had had sex with a Saint Bernard. Completely unfounded, of course. Nevertheless the audience started balking at her whenever she went on stage and she eventually had to quit. Later emigrated to Argentina (which would be an ironic place for Cameron to end). Not saying Cameron will meet the same faith, but there is something about accusations of animal sex (and the like) that just tends to stick. It really appeals to human imagination and the coarsest instincts of the public.

Not political but another example is Richard Gere.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:50:21 AM »

Nothing. I think people who call themselves Crossbenchers are just identifying themselves as more self righteous.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 11:25:26 PM »

Watching a panel discussion with Mitchell and Webb and Armstrong and Bain about the new series of Peep Show. Someone remarked how the line "If you've got nothing to hide, you've got nothing to fear" was written months ago and isn't a topic joke. What English news item would it be a topical joke about?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 01:44:42 PM »

Seems like he's coming around on bombing Syria actually. He doesn't want a "purely military" solution (who does?) and he wants to hear what Obama and the UN say, if they can draw up a "proposal".

The stuff about opposing shoot-to-kill is more problematic. The media should definitely question him more on that. If there's a guy with a machine gun walking down the street shooting people, does he still think security forces should try to detain him non-lethally?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2016, 02:31:10 AM »

This could be incredibly stupid of a thought, but does anyone else see Iain Duncan Smith running for the leadership if/when Cameron goes?

I assume he's going to endorse Boris and get appointed to a high post in his cabinet/shadow cabinet.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2016, 01:36:30 PM »

http://indy100.independent.co.uk/article/people-are-freaking-out-over-ukips-mark-reckless-accidental-use-of-the-word-daddy--W1bSCfPyaQb
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 03:34:35 PM »

So when is this confidence voting taking place? I thought it was today. What gives?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 10:40:26 AM »

So why hasn't the Corbyn vote taken place this time? What's going on?
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2016, 12:48:27 AM »

So what is the actual procedure by which someone can call for a new leadership election for Labour?

Someone besides the current leader gets at least 50 MPs to nominate them to be leader.
Famous Mortimer
WillipsBrighton
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2016, 08:14:44 PM »

I could see an "Alliance" between anti-Corbyn Labour and the LibDems but I doubt the LibDems would get to be dominant.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies