UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:45:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: UK General Discussion Thread: mayy lmao  (Read 141498 times)
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.52

« on: June 24, 2016, 10:05:19 PM »

With Cameron out, wouldn't the politically expedient thing to do for the major parties be to call a new general election? I mean [inks] is going to hit the fan either way so I don't see what the Conservatives lose for agreeing to it (either they have a new mandate for an even longer term in office or they get to say Labour is at fault when things go awry over the next few years).
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2016, 10:25:45 PM »

With Cameron out, wouldn't the politically expedient thing to do for the major parties be to call a new general election? I mean [inks] is going to hit the fan either way so I don't see what the Conservatives lose for agreeing to it (either they have a new mandate for an even longer term in office or they get to say Labour is at fault when things go awry over the next few years).

You forget that there may be a hung Parliament. SNP has 54 seats, and will not likely lose any. LDP will likely grow big, on the pro-EU electorate.  What are the chances of either Labour or Tories getting a majority?

This is a consideration that I didn't think about too deeply simply because I'm not really sure how effective the UKIP vote splitting from the last election would be now that the referendum is passed. Do people go back to UKIP now that their biggest advertisement policy has already been affirmed by the public? If Lib Dem support increases aren't the odds that those would be Tory-LD marginals?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2016, 03:05:10 PM »

I'm rather surprised that Burnham is sticking behind Corbyn right now. I think that maybe this shows Jeremy's got a fighting chance at surviving?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 07:24:07 PM »

I'm starting to think of a scenario where Corbyn wins the election, the PLP freaks out and splits and somehow convinces Farron to do a Lib Dem merger 2.0. I just want to see it because I want to see how hilarious it would be if the Lib Dems somehow become the official opposition for four months.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2016, 05:47:04 AM »

Farage out. Anyone want to start a pool for when Corbyn falls?
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2016, 09:29:55 PM »

Nick Clegg will be PM of a hung parliament by this time next year. I am willing to bet something entirely inconsequential on my prediction.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2016, 02:08:22 PM »

OK, I understand the rationale of including a prominent Brexiter into the cabinet, but Foreign Secretary is a f**king joke.

"Hey, Barack, do you still have that genetic Kenyan hatred toward Britain?"

"Hey, Edrogan, did you like my poem about you screwing a goat?"

I bet Kerry needed a drink after having to defend him at that joint press conference the other day.
Citizen (The) Doctor
ArchangelZero
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 01:33:36 AM »
« Edited: November 08, 2016, 06:01:47 AM by Citizen (The) Doctor »

So would Corbyn actually ask MPs to vote against Article 50 if May doesn't agree to some of the negotiation demands he outlined?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies