Christian school principal makes racist comments at graduation, blames Satan
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 11:02:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Christian school principal makes racist comments at graduation, blames Satan
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Christian school principal makes racist comments at graduation, blames Satan  (Read 2963 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 10, 2015, 11:22:02 PM »
« edited: May 10, 2015, 11:27:09 PM by Indy Texas »

http://gawker.com/high-school-principal-apologizes-for-racist-meltdown-b-1703469250

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The ceremony on the evening of May 8th started to go off the rails when Gordeuk inadvertently delivered her closing remarks and cued the recessional music before the valedictorian's speech. When her call for the attendees to return to their seats went unheeded, she became increasingly irate, calling the audience "rude" and singling out one man as a "goober" and a "coward." Then...

The principal in question:

True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 08:57:42 AM »

The way some use the devil as a means to absolve themselves of any personal responsibility for their own actions is truly upsetting.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 09:01:39 AM »

The way some use the devil as a means to absolve themselves of any personal responsibility for their own actions is truly upsetting.

Didn't Jeff once claim someone who was calling him out on his latest escapade didn't really mean it and it was "the Devil getting hold of him" or something like that?
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 09:03:51 AM »

IIRC it was someone pointing out that his attitude toward his whole behavior being OK because he's forgiven actually contradicted the Bible, and Bushie replied that this was obviously Satan speaking through this person, so he was going to put them on ignore because he had to ignore Satan.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »

IIRC it was someone pointing out that his attitude toward his whole behavior being OK because he's forgiven actually contradicted the Bible, and Bushie replied that this was obviously Satan speaking through this person, so he was going to put them on ignore because he had to ignore Satan.

Biblical quotes are the work of Satan obv.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 12:07:47 PM »

No matter how many times I watch this video, it always confounds me more and more.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 12:36:03 PM »

The only solution is to ban private schools right??!?!?!?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »
« Edited: May 11, 2015, 04:04:27 PM by DemPGH »

The devil is the perfect fictional character on which to write all fears, failures, insecurities, insanity, etc. And was palpably during witch hysteria periods.

Anyway, "TNT Academy"? I admittedly LOLed at that. Ahh, nuttery, religion, and TNT - can't be good. Wink

Yes!
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2015, 05:13:11 PM »

This lady sounds JUST like my Calc BC teacher (though she's not crazy or racist).  She even calls people "goobers" and the like.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 05:14:02 PM »

Yup.  That was me.  Fun times. Smiley

I'm still waiting for Bushie's response about how I was misinterpreting scripture. 
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 08:11:04 PM »

Devil got in her mouth again!

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/nancy-gordeuk-tnt-academy-black-people

And her son's too, apparently:

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/05/georgia-principal-blames-satan-for-racist-graduation-rant-as-son-blames-ns-in-facebook-tirade/

Nutmeg
thepolitic
United States Minor Outlying Islands

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 06:24:12 PM »

If she's really 34, the years have not been kind to her.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 08:54:51 AM »

If she's really 34, the years have not been kind to her.

No, she has been a principal for 34 years. I thought that as well.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 10:41:14 AM »

Apparently, she was fired.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 12:13:59 PM »

Biblical quotes are the work of Satan obv.
Satan used the Bible to tempt Jesus...and Jesus barfed it back in his face...not accidentally pointing out that the Bible is used for nefarious ends even to the savior of humankind.  The written word...inspired by God...misinterpreted by serious idiots since the beginning of time.

Obviously this lady had something going on.  She was distraught and acting unusually for an official officiating a graduation ceremony.  Satan?  Probably not.  Anxiety?  More likely.

She acknowledged her racism and apologized for it.  What more do you people want?  Her 34 year career which probably helped countless black kids get their education is now over.  But you ignore all that and go to her son as proof of all the burning at the stake she needs to do for her eternally damnable thought crime.

If you don't forgive, you will not be forgiven.  You'd better hope for your sake there is no God.  You forgiving nearly goes without saying, which is why the Lord's prayer treats it as an afterthought...

"And forgive us our sins as we have forgiven those who have sinned against us". 

God's mercy and forgiveness falls on the just and unjust alike.  But you will be tormented by the unforgiven sins of people who acted against you and you will never enter heaven until you forgive.  Too much baggage.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 12:58:27 PM »

The only solution is to ban private schools right??!?!?!?

Sanchez is finally getting it!
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 02:17:57 PM »

I have a feeling you would support private schools if public were the only legal option and they were teaching your children things you vehemently disagreed with.

RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 04:44:45 PM »

I have a feeling you would support private schools if public were the only legal option and they were teaching your children things you vehemently disagreed with.

This.  If fundamentalist baptists had to go to public schools, they'd likely have to teach pseudoscience and other things to appease them.  Segregation of wildly disparate world views is probably for the better
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2015, 09:33:35 AM »

This isn't a Christian school?

The woman had taught at a Christian school before, but browsing the school's website, I can't find anything that would indicate that this was a religious institution of any sort. Browsing the course list, which is available online, the only course with any religious content is a "world's religions" class.

The title of the thread should be changed, it's false and inflammatory.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 10:33:13 AM »

The woman had taught at a Christian school before, but browsing the school's website, I can't find anything that would indicate that this was a religious institution of any sort. Browsing the course list, which is available online, the only course with any religious content is a "world's religions" class.

If you read it 'Christian School' then it would be, but it's clearly supposed to read; 'School Principal, who is Christian'
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 11:09:50 AM »

If you read it 'Christian School' then it would be, but it's clearly supposed to read; 'School Principal, who is Christian'

Is that clear? I read it as principal of a Christian school.
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »

Oh Georgia... Why do you have to be near to my state and bring us into the category of Alabama and Mississippi. Roll Eyes
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 11:59:48 AM »

because atheists blame Satan for things all the time so it needed to be clarified?
useful idiot
YaBB God

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2015, 12:49:45 PM »

Not really, because it would be redundant in everyday language (at least in the U.S.) to say someone is a "school principal." Those words in that order are almost exclusively used following the type of school of which they are a principal. As in: "high school principal" or "middle school principal." To say "Christian school principal," in the normal sense that the term would be used, is to say that they are the principal of a "Christian school."

The story would be far more shocking and damning of the institution if it were a Christian school, rather than an idiotic redneck woman with some kind of attachment to folk Christianity saying "the Devil made me do it!"
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2015, 01:24:56 PM »

From a lexical standpoint both the "Christian" and "school" are unnecessary. A non-Christian won't blame Satan and I can't think of a principal of anything but a school. But removing just one of them would clear up the grammatical  ambiguity which yes is confusing.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies