Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data  (Read 4505 times)
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 05:41:52 PM »

What part of the First Amendment does the Wyoming state legislature fail to understand?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »

Seizing land? Bundy was the one trying to seize land, not the Feds.  The idea that renters have a right to seize property they've been renting is absolutely abhorrent to anyone who cares about the rule of law.

I see you're still trying to make sense of mountain west eco warfare. Spend more time out that way. You'll stop trying.

Honestly, this Wyoming bill is perfectly normal. Just like people Wyoming gun owners spending a small fortune to expand gun rights in the national parks and forests. Hatfields and McCoys.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2015, 12:48:25 AM »

How do you think the federal government seizes land? Are you really so myopic that you've already forgotten about the Cliven Bundy affair?

If you don't understand the ecological politics of the Mountain West, don't comment.

*NUCLEAR FACEPALM*

Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2015, 01:57:50 AM »

I wonder who AggregateDemand thinks should own the land the federal government has owned since the Mexican American war(in both Nevada and Wyoming, coincidentally).
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »

I wonder who AggregateDemand thinks should own the land the federal government has owned since the Mexican American war(in both Nevada and Wyoming, coincidentally).

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just amazed at the general lack of education about land-rights in the West. Ecology is a big part of it.
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2015, 09:22:34 AM »

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just amazed at the general lack of education about land-rights in the West. Ecology is a big part of it.

Ok, but what was your point about Cliven Bundy?
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »

Ok, but what was your point about Cliven Bundy?

My point was that it all started over some hoopla about tortoise habitat, and both the government and the land-rights states-rights citizens reacted disproportionately to the aggression of the other.

To the casual observer, the storm erupted from a clear blue sky, but that's because they don't know the history of the West. No one should be surprised that Wyoming is attempting to ban the collection of ecological data.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 11:49:32 AM »

Cliven Bundy hadn't paid grazing fees for 20 years. That's separate from any talk about ecology.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »

Cliven Bundy hadn't paid grazing fees for 20 years. That's separate from any talk about ecology.

Which underlines how unimportant the grazing fees were. No one cared, and no one really cared if he paid 20 years to get current. They wanted to restrict grazing rights from local ag, particularly Mr. Bundy because a tortoise was endangered or because BLM ecologists wanted the land to remain unmolested by humans and livestock.

Regardless, these kinds of conflicts are common, but most of them are never reported. How many people know that you couldn't even collect rainwater off of your own roof in Colorado until the liberalization laws in 2009?

Conflict with federal administrations and state agencies that accept federal money is just part of life in the West.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2015, 08:01:52 PM »

Aggie D is right that there are reasons why a law like this is good politics in these states. People don't want anyone snooping around their land who might alert the feds to something.  That doesn't make this a good law.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2015, 10:25:42 PM »

Seizing land? Bundy was the one trying to seize land, not the Feds.  The idea that renters have a right to seize property they've been renting is absolutely abhorrent to anyone who cares about the rule of law.

I see you're still trying to make sense of mountain west eco warfare. Spend more time out that way. You'll stop trying.

I'm quite aware that out west so called "independent" people still cling to the former policy of the Feds subsidizing them with below market rate access to land and water.  At the very least, if Bundy was going to claim that nothing above county government exists and that the land was his, he should have paid property taxes to the county on the Federal land he's been squatting on for two decades. Of course, that would likely have been considerably more expensive than the grazing fees he's refused to pay as part of his "right to squat".
CountryClassSF

« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2015, 10:40:40 PM »

Bundy is still in the news? He lost all credibility when he basically said he supported slavery
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 12:40:13 AM »

Aggie D is right that there are reasons why a law like this is good politics in these states. People don't want anyone snooping around their land who might alert the feds to something.  That doesn't make this a good law.

Passing blatantly unconstitutional laws is good politics, huh?
Thanks for your insight.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 01:16:07 AM »

Thanks for your insight.

You're welcome.  You seem to be lacking on insight into this issue so I'm glad to share.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 01:28:28 AM »

I am glad Wyoming is standing up to these people.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 01:30:22 AM »

why
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 04:20:50 AM »

Aggie D is right that there are reasons why a law like this is good politics in these states. People don't want anyone snooping around their land who might alert the feds to something.  That doesn't make this a good law.

Thanks for your insight.

You're welcome.  You seem to be lacking on insight into this issue so I'm glad to share.

You seem to be lacking much more important things than insight into this issue.

I am glad Wyoming is standing up to these people.

By these people you mean people with cell phones?
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies