Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:55:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Wyoming passses law that criminalizes collection of enviromental data  (Read 4537 times)
AggregateDemand
United States

« on: May 11, 2015, 02:53:14 PM »
« edited: May 11, 2015, 03:24:56 PM by AggregateDemand »

Environmental conflict between Wyoming and the Federal government goes back over a century. In 1950, Wyoming won a special judgment that thwarts executive power to create national monuments in the state.

This has been going on since the days of Yellowstone.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 03:28:52 PM »

Yeah, because this is just like that. Don't try to excuse the inexcusable.

I'm pointing out the existence of a long-standing feud. My only argument is that ecological conflict between Wyoming and DC is the norm. People are only shocked if they don't know the history.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 07:16:05 AM »

No, you're making a false equivalence. This is obviously a totally different situation done in an attempt to cover up a public health concern.

How do you think the federal government seizes land? Are you really so myopic that you've already forgotten about the Cliven Bundy affair?

If you don't understand the ecological politics of the Mountain West, don't comment.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:54 AM »

Do yourself a favor and follow your own advice.

Clueless worshipper of racist presidents telling me not to provide background information about mountain west ecopolitics to a vainglorious east coaster. So Atlas.

Least Coast powah
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 10:44:22 PM »

Seizing land? Bundy was the one trying to seize land, not the Feds.  The idea that renters have a right to seize property they've been renting is absolutely abhorrent to anyone who cares about the rule of law.

I see you're still trying to make sense of mountain west eco warfare. Spend more time out that way. You'll stop trying.

Honestly, this Wyoming bill is perfectly normal. Just like people Wyoming gun owners spending a small fortune to expand gun rights in the national parks and forests. Hatfields and McCoys.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 08:50:58 AM »

I wonder who AggregateDemand thinks should own the land the federal government has owned since the Mexican American war(in both Nevada and Wyoming, coincidentally).

I don't have a dog in this fight. I'm just amazed at the general lack of education about land-rights in the West. Ecology is a big part of it.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 09:44:51 AM »

Ok, but what was your point about Cliven Bundy?

My point was that it all started over some hoopla about tortoise habitat, and both the government and the land-rights states-rights citizens reacted disproportionately to the aggression of the other.

To the casual observer, the storm erupted from a clear blue sky, but that's because they don't know the history of the West. No one should be surprised that Wyoming is attempting to ban the collection of ecological data.
AggregateDemand
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 02:16:54 PM »

Cliven Bundy hadn't paid grazing fees for 20 years. That's separate from any talk about ecology.

Which underlines how unimportant the grazing fees were. No one cared, and no one really cared if he paid 20 years to get current. They wanted to restrict grazing rights from local ag, particularly Mr. Bundy because a tortoise was endangered or because BLM ecologists wanted the land to remain unmolested by humans and livestock.

Regardless, these kinds of conflicts are common, but most of them are never reported. How many people know that you couldn't even collect rainwater off of your own roof in Colorado until the liberalization laws in 2009?

Conflict with federal administrations and state agencies that accept federal money is just part of life in the West.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies