Bush is skipping the Iowa Straw Poll; Might skip the Caucus
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 08:14:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Bush is skipping the Iowa Straw Poll; Might skip the Caucus
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bush is skipping the Iowa Straw Poll; Might skip the Caucus  (Read 2416 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2015, 06:15:57 PM »

Bush is turning into Giuliani dead on arrival

Nah, that's Christie.

No King's comparison was accurate.
Christie=McCain. Savvy enough to rebound but Dead in September when people remember what kind of decisions he makes. (No, he's not actually my pick to win the nomination but it wouldn't surprise me.)

No, I agree Christie matches Giuliani, scuttled by an aura of corruption. Jeb is a better match for Romney but probably with stronger conservative competition. Although if he's lucky, Walker will be like Perry.
Your comparisons don't make any sense to me.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2015, 06:19:20 PM »

Christie is Fred Thompson. Dead on shipping.

Bush is dead on arrival.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2015, 06:20:43 PM »

Poor Jeb. He so desperately wanted to be President all of his life. Sad

Obviously that's a sign of some form of malignant narcissism/sociopathic megalomania.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2015, 06:37:25 PM »

Nah, that's Christie.

Christie=McCain. Savvy enough to rebound but Dead in September when people remember what kind of decisions he makes. (No, he's not actually my pick to win the nomination but it wouldn't surprise me.)

No, I agree Christie matches Giuliani, scuttled by an aura of corruption. Jeb is a better match for Romney but probably with stronger conservative competition. Although if he's lucky, Walker will be like Perry.

Well, that's too bad because they're good!

Christie and Giuliani are both brash, former, NY-area prosecutors who were polling very well before corruption allegations. (Christie's came out sooner though)

Bush is dominating the money race like Romney did in 2012 which is still only translating into tepid interest from rank and file voters.

And Rick Perry was a governor, more conservative alternative to Romney albeit one acceptable to the establishment, who surged to big leads in the polls until he was exposed as (a) an idiot (b) not always being the immigration hardliner he was posing as. Walker is likely to follow suit.

How about Rand Paul is Ron Paul?
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2015, 07:38:41 PM »

Jeb may skip the caucus too.
Gallium
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 08:10:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ouch.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2015, 02:54:01 PM »

Now why do they have to drag the good Jon Huntsman's name through the mud like that?
justfollowingtheelections
unempprof
YaBB God

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2015, 04:01:47 PM »

He should skip the election altogether.  No one wants another Bush.
seanNJ9
United States

« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2015, 04:00:36 AM »

I get not putting all your eggs into one basket (Iowa) but ignoring the state isn't smart if you wanna win in the general.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2015, 04:18:53 AM »

Nah, that's Christie.

Christie and Giuliani are both brash, former, NY-area prosecutors who were polling very well before corruption allegations. (Christie's came out sooner though)

Bush is dominating the money race like Romney did in 2012 which is still only translating into tepid interest from rank and file voters.

And Rick Perry was a governor, more conservative alternative to Romney albeit one acceptable to the establishment, who surged to big leads in the polls until he was exposed as (a) an idiot (b) not always being the immigration hardliner he was posing as. Walker is likely to follow suit.

Perry was never acceptable to the establishment, especially after threatening with violence Ben Bernanke.
Bull Moose Base

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2015, 06:08:43 AM »

Nah, that's Christie.

Perry was never acceptable to the establishment, especially after threatening with violence Ben Bernanke.

It's true Walker is more acceptable to Wall St than Perry was, but each is/was strongly preferred by Bush and Romney respectively, but able to raise a lot of money from other big donors anyway. But the biggest point of comparison is securing the position of strongest conservative alternative to the establishment favorite, especially casting himself as more conservative on immigration, despite inconsistencies of their own. And, as I said, maybe coming off looking like an idiot.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2015, 12:33:13 AM »

Bush now saying that while he's skipping the straw poll, he will "aggressively campaign" to win the caucuses:

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/jeb-bush-iowa-caucuses-campaign-hard-n360156
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies