Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:56:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher  (Read 2380 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2015, 08:31:49 PM »

Oh, and he's going blind from the diabeetus.

What happens when a self-employed man with a stay-at-home wife chooses not to buy insurance, despite being able to afford a $300,000 house?

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Ah, so a couple who oppose the ACA believe that people who don't work should be "at the front of the line" getting free medical care. Surely they are going to pull themselves up by their bootstraps with some good ol' American self-reliance!

Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »

I hope he finds relief and gets well soon. That is all.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 12:10:42 AM »

When Republicans talk about "personal responsibility", they don't mean for themselves.
user12345
wifikitten
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 06:46:49 AM »

When Republicans talk about "personal responsibility", they don't mean for themselves.
Personal responsibility is only for those "other people."
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 12:10:08 PM »

He should be at the front of the line.  He has diabetes and had a stroke. 

Wishing suffering and death on a hypocrite will do nothing but ruin your own heart health.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:10:17 PM »

It's a stupid idea to pay out of pocket for medical in the first place, even if you can afford it. Insurance is the way to go, because if you run into financial problems, you might be able to prioritize paying a premium and maintain health coverage should you need it.

Just because he's ill does not mean he should be moved to the front of the line over people who were responsible enough obtain coverage, that just isn't fair, especially when you can't pay.

These right-wing talk show hosts and PACs with money can talk a big game to get people like this man to vote Republican, but I'm going to guess that not one of them would be willing to cover his medical bills in full.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 12:33:26 PM »

Wishing suffering and death on a hypocrite will do nothing but ruin your own heart health.

H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2015, 05:40:14 PM »

DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2015, 08:43:08 PM »

🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2015, 12:20:05 AM »

You can't deny it's a confusing system. 

There was all this talk about the individual mandate as a way to get rid of the free rider problem.  Justice Roberts informed us this is a tax, and lots of people just pay it up or don't make enough to worry about it.  The real limit on free riders is the limited open enrollment period, which this fellow got caught by.  I hope he finds a program to help him. Maybe people can realize from this story if they haven't already that the rule that says you can't be denied coverage for a preexisting condition only applies at the beginning of the calendar year, so you need to be prepared.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »

There was all this talk about the individual mandate as a way to get rid of the free rider problem.  Justice Roberts informed us this is a tax, and lots of people just pay it up or don't make enough to worry about it.  The real limit on free riders is the limited open enrollment period, which this fellow got caught by.  I hope he finds a program to help him. Maybe people can realize from this story if they haven't already that the rule that says you can't be denied coverage for a preexisting condition only applies at the beginning of the calendar year, so you need to be prepared.

Forgive my ignorance, but why can't they just have open enrollment year-round? What is the mechanism that prevents this? Why not just make it to where people can just go to the website and sign up even if it's Summertime?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2015, 11:07:43 PM »

Forgive my ignorance, but why can't they just have open enrollment year-round? What is the mechanism that prevents this? Why not just make it to where people can just go to the website and sign up even if it's Summertime?

Because if you can sign up whenever you want, you can wait until you "need it" to sign up, which is exactly the problem they're trying to avoid.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2015, 11:49:47 PM »

One of the reasons insurance companies had restrictions on pre-existing conditions was to keep people from signing up only when they got sick. The enrollment period is middle ground for getting rid of pre-existing conditions, as individuals with pre-existing conditions are no longer barred in perpetuity from getting coverage. If everyone only signed up for insurance the minute they got sick, you'd end up having a system where no one got coverage, because it would be financially sustainable.

Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2015, 04:56:09 PM »

They've been whining bitterly ever since!  (Even having taken back Congress.)  The biggest mistake the Democrats made was trying to compromise with the Republicans on anything, especially when they had 60 Senate seats.  They could have achieved so much more in that short space of time if they had anticipated how unwilling the GOP was to accept its minority status.

And of course the Democrats have been trusted with entitlements, silly.  That's why we still have them.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2015, 05:59:54 PM »

The 1989 Heritage Foundation's health care plan and Bob Dole's health plan went from being mainstream and accepted among Republicans to becoming communism under the great black usurper.

Republican behavior has been disgraceful.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #15 on: May 27, 2015, 03:35:42 PM »

Except for the tea partier this title reminds me of ODF.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #16 on: May 27, 2015, 04:59:46 PM »

Wait, I stay away for one month and when I come back Cory has become a kindhearted and non-judgmental guy? Crazy.

Anyway yes, this story is just sad.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies