George Knapp's take on 'Jade Helm'
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:05:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  George Knapp's take on 'Jade Helm'
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: George Knapp's take on 'Jade Helm'  (Read 369 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 27, 2015, 06:38:47 PM »

This was the comment from Las Vegas Investigative Reporter and UFO enthusiast George Knapp on Coast to Coast this past week:

"I keep getting letters from people asking me 'what do I think about Jade Helm', what do I think is going to happen, when will martial law be declared in Texas and other states. They ask me what I think, and then I tell them what I think, and then they get mad at me. I've had the most foul mouthed messages and e-mails from seemingly nice little old ladies who are absolutely outraged because they asked me what I thought about Jade Helm and I answered them honestly and, you know, the words they used are words that I've heard once or twice before but not from nice, little old ladies. I'll bet my Coast e-mail had 50 messages or more waiting for me here about Jade Helm and apparently a lot of folks have been worked up into a real tizzy about this, and I understand why. I see the handywork of those who work in the fear industry, the ones who seemingly manufacture some new phony crisis every couple of months and get everyone worked up into a lather pulling their hair out ready to head for the hills or seal themselves in the fall out bunker and then nothing happens. So, the masters of fear will start up something new. Some new terrible wave of fear coming our way, beware, baton down the hatches, stock up the pantry, lock and load, doom and darkness, woe is us.

You know, an industry is exactly what it is. It's part political, part entertainment. I guess sort of like voluntarily going to see a scary movie, except in this case and a few others people allow themselves to be convinced it's real. I mentioned briefly on the program once before, what I thought about it, and in my opinion that the U.S is not preparing to invade Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, Nevada or Utah. The U.S does not need to invade these places because the last time I checked they're already a part of our country and, yes, that includes Texas even though Texans sometimes have to be reminded of that and I say that with all do respect to my friends, the independent minded folks of Texas.

And, tell me this, if you wanted to pick out a state where you could practice instituting martial law, would you pick Texas? Is that where you'd start? How about Rhode Island as a warm up, Delaware, maybe. Work out the kinks on one of those states before you tackle Texas. Since I was here last, we saw an example of what I mean. A couple of would be terrorists headed for Texas intent on becoming martyrs by blasting away at that art event where people were invited to draw the prophet Mohammed. This thing is kind of provocative, no doubt about it, and you could say maybe it was asking for trouble, but after all this is America, we have a little something called the First Amendment, free speech, it is meant to protect all forms of speech and freedom of expression even if some people might find the content to be offensive. So, these two nitwits drive to Texas to make their stand, their carrying assault weapons, lots of ammo, and they run into one guy they didn't count on, one Texas street cop who had a service revolver against their assault weapons and before they knew what hit 'em, the score is street cop 2 terrorist 0. They're down, they're done.

I found myself wondering if this was intentional all along, maybe they could take this art show on the road state to by state to smoke out whichever terrorist might live in a particular area. Bottom line is though, is that the old slogan "Don't Mess With Texas" came to life that day and, you know, the world got the message. So if there was a secret plan to invade a state somewhere to practice the imposition of martial law, Texas is not the state I would choose to start with.

I also would not advertise my plans by parading a bunch armored vehicles with the letters 'U.N' painted on the side, put those vehicles on truck beds, drive them through the middle of town. You seen these photos on line? all over the place. Oh my God, U.N trucks rolling through town, right through the middle of town. Seems to me that would kind of remove a bit of the element of surprise, wouldn't you agree?

Like you, I am a conspiracy kind of guy. I like a good conspiracy yarn. I happen to believe that conspiracies really do happen and that our government does some really sneaky stuff. The mass surveillance system that listens to all of our phone calls and that puts all of our e-mails into a gigantic database, for example. That bothers me. That's real. A lot of folks who are worried about an invasion or martial law in Texas are the same folks who say they don't worry about government surveillance. They cheer on our troops, they're happy our military is so efficient and powerful and unstoppable. Rah rah for the troops. They don't mind giving up a first amendment right or two in exchange for feeling safer at night and now... So, yes I am inclined to believe that conspiratorial stuff does happen and supposedly it's in our own best interest but really it isn't and there are plenty of examples and I buy it and I'm with you on that.

But, I do not believe there is any evidence that Jade Helm is anything more than what it appears to be, a training exercise. And two or three months from now when this event is over and all the maneuvers have come and gone and Texas and the other states are still standing, then I think we'll see these fear mongers, this fear monger industry, come up with its next big gloom-and-doom plot and people will forget all about Jade Helm and they'll let themselves get worked up all over again into conniption fits all over again, over something else entirely. Something else altogether. You know, the people who make a living by stirring this pot, making us all worked up, chuckle to themselves and then walk to the bank and then uncork the next tall tale. And if I'm wrong I'm wrong about this, assuming I'm still allowed to broadcast on the airwaves after martial law is imposed, I will be happy to admit my mistake and grovel.

But, in the meantime, if you want to know my opinion and you write to me to ask for my opinion, please do not shower me with obscenities when I give you my opinion. I'll tell you what, let's just say that right now the United Nations or the Russians, that's one of the versions I've heard, is that the Russians supposedly have troops on the ground in the U.S now, maybe they'll back off their plan for Jade Helm, now that we're all on alert and we've found out what they're up to. And that could be the explanation for why nothing happens once Jade Helm kicks into gear. Fine with me, whatever works. I mean no offense to you who have concerns about Jade Helm because a lot of people have gone to a lot of trouble to convince you that something bad is about to happen. But, I think you've been had.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies