Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:15:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Irresponsible, mooching Tea Partier insists he is not irresponsible or a moocher  (Read 2407 times)
Cory
YaBB God

« on: May 12, 2015, 11:53:47 PM »

I hope he finds relief and gets well soon. That is all.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 10:50:05 PM »

You can't deny it's a confusing system. 

There was all this talk about the individual mandate as a way to get rid of the free rider problem.  Justice Roberts informed us this is a tax, and lots of people just pay it up or don't make enough to worry about it.  The real limit on free riders is the limited open enrollment period, which this fellow got caught by.  I hope he finds a program to help him. Maybe people can realize from this story if they haven't already that the rule that says you can't be denied coverage for a preexisting condition only applies at the beginning of the calendar year, so you need to be prepared.

Forgive my ignorance, but why can't they just have open enrollment year-round? What is the mechanism that prevents this? Why not just make it to where people can just go to the website and sign up even if it's Summertime?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies