South: Act Fixing Clerical Errors and Returning Taxpayer Dollars
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 04:57:42 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  South: Act Fixing Clerical Errors and Returning Taxpayer Dollars
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: South: Act Fixing Clerical Errors and Returning Taxpayer Dollars  (Read 532 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 12, 2015, 09:20:40 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Sponsor: Speaker PiT
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2015, 09:22:23 PM »

This was the result of a discussion that was had a few weeks ago. Credit to Potus for discovering that our healthcare line in the regional budget should not exist. It funded Medicaid, which has been replaced by Fritzcare.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 08:45:28 AM »

It seems like a necessary change, so let's go ahead and vote on it unless someone has something to add.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 01:32:02 AM »

I was hoping to get more input on the direction we were going with this, especially since the Governor was putting a committee together to discuss this. Otherwise, we can just skip to a final vote.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2015, 11:46:16 PM »

Alright, this is open for a final vote.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 11:00:07 PM »

Aye if I am still in office, but who knows, I have two feet out of Atlasia's door. Tongue
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2015, 12:55:57 AM »

I believe Legislature turns over immediately, so sorry Duke. Tongue This will be going back to the beginning too, with the additions of Spiral and darthebearnc to the Legislature.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2015, 12:58:24 AM »

We don't have to make another thread for the new session, correct?

Regardless, this bill obviously makes sense given the context. I'll be voting for it.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 06:01:28 AM »

Aye
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2015, 10:51:50 PM »

I guess I'll go ahead and open the vote, since my colleagues seem to be in favor of it. I can count darthebearnc's vote.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 01:32:13 PM »

Aye
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 08:30:55 PM »

Aye!
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2015, 02:41:25 AM »

Sorry for being late on this, but there is a problem and I tried to point it out weeks out in the thread on the main board.

Fritzcare did not supplant all "regional healthcare funding". It supplanted all subsidization as far as access as is concern. It did not nationalize hospital for instance and therefore there are probably a number of hospitals that operate with assistance from the region that this bill would thus repeal.

That doesn't even get into all the mental health facilities that would likely be abolished by the passage of this act. Fritzcare and its successor bills did quite a lot, but they didn't nationalize every aspect of healthcare and to presume that they did will leave a number of patients depending on these services and such litterally out in the cold. Think of it like this, Fritzcare, nationalized the demand side, not the supply side and not all of that supply is going to be private. If nothing else, there are hospitals that exist as part of unniversities that receive funding or support in some form or another that would be thus cut off in their entirety with the broad language in this present bill.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2015, 08:05:48 PM »

I assume voting's over? Because

x Flo
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2015, 11:31:52 PM »

Sorry for being late on this, but there is a problem and I tried to point it out weeks out in the thread on the main board.

Fritzcare did not supplant all "regional healthcare funding". It supplanted all subsidization as far as access as is concern. It did not nationalize hospital for instance and therefore there are probably a number of hospitals that operate with assistance from the region that this bill would thus repeal.

That doesn't even get into all the mental health facilities that would likely be abolished by the passage of this act. Fritzcare and its successor bills did quite a lot, but they didn't nationalize every aspect of healthcare and to presume that they did will leave a number of patients depending on these services and such litterally out in the cold. Think of it like this, Fritzcare, nationalized the demand side, not the supply side and not all of that supply is going to be private. If nothing else, there are hospitals that exist as part of unniversities that receive funding or support in some form or another that would be thus cut off in their entirety with the broad language in this present bill.

I don't know too much about the details of this issue, but my research into the matter indicates that virtually every dollar was spent on Medicaid. With the example of university hospitals, I'm guessing those are categorized as education spending.

While there is more that should be said about this issue, based on what I have seen I am confident that the dangers of taking this step are minimal.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies