SJWs vs. Communists
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 06:13:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  SJWs vs. Communists
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Poll
Question: Which do you prefer?
SJWs

Communists

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 54

Author Topic: SJWs vs. Communists  (Read 1877 times)
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2015, 12:53:02 AM »

Well last time I checked SJWs haven't killed millions of people, so yeah.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 01:05:19 AM »

I've never understood what the [Inks] could possibly possess somebody to voluntarily describe themselves as 'an SJW'.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 01:07:51 AM »

I've never understood what the [Inks] could possibly possess somebody to voluntarily describe themselves as 'an SJW'.

I've never heard anyone do so. I just don't see the problem with those labeled as such. I mean as stated before it seems incredibly like the predominant politics and outlook in my scene, such as the example I gave of a Different Kind of Dude Fest.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 01:08:44 AM »

Like Maoists during the Cultural Revolution, SJW will go through your 50,000 tweets until they find that one time you said something insensitive when you were 16 back in 2009, and they will use it to label you a racist, sexist, transphobic, reactionary POS until you do a full and complete self-criticism. And even then you will suck. But unlike Maoists during the Cultural Revolution, SJW will not literally beat you up, parade you around in a dunce cap, send you to the countryside, or simply kill you. So, SJW I guess.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 01:15:14 AM »

REMEMBER THE 100 MILLION
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 01:19:18 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 01:20:58 AM by Lief 🐋 »

SJW started out as a pejorative term, I'm pretty sure. Some feminists call themselves SJWs as a joke or to "take back" the phrase in a sense, but it's mostly used by people who don't like feminism, etc.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2015, 01:20:32 AM »

I only became fond of the term and used it positively after someone described Upworthy as a "SJW site", because I figure if a wonderful site with a wonderful message like that is SJW, then it's a good thing.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2015, 01:43:46 AM »

Communists are a broad church. SJWs, by my definition (probably very different from BRTD's) are inherently bad. So communists.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 03:26:06 AM »

Commies aren't all as emasculated as SJWs, so I'll go with them.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 03:35:45 AM »

I only became fond of the term and used it positively after someone described Upworthy as a "SJW site", because I figure if a wonderful site with a wonderful message like that is SJW, then it's a good thing.

Please, do tell, what is Upworthy's 'message'?
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 04:04:46 AM »

Huge overlap between them. Communists in the US these days are usually just the SJWs who are willing to kill for their terrible ideas.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 05:13:06 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 05:21:31 AM by SomebodyWhoExists »

BRTD is the only person on this planet who identifies as an SJW, and it's really hard not to be better than him

...This guy, however, manages:

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 09:23:02 AM »

Please, do tell, what is Upworthy's 'message'?

It advocates all sorts of wonderful progressive messages about ending racism, homophobia, gender oppression and for economic fairness.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2015, 09:24:57 AM »

I don't think I've run into a Commie since the 90s, I assumed they were restricted to college campuses and Northern California.  They don't even pop up on the internet that often.  SJWs on the other hand are everywhere, including my basement.

and FTR, she (my daughter) self identifies as SJW.  She's taking the word back or something.
Sopranos Republican
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.03, S: -8.87

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2015, 09:36:23 AM »

SJW's would easily kill a billion if given the reigns of power. Thankfully the human species thus far has been far too terrified to delegate any powers to said group.

And I'm always perplexed as to whose ass that 100 million figure was pulled out of.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2015, 09:45:34 AM »

Well last time I checked SJWs haven't killed millions of people, so yeah.

Give them time. Commies had a head start.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2015, 10:26:19 AM »

at this point, the common usage of the word "sjw" means "anyone who is vaguely progressive about gender/race/etc.", so…

BRTD is the only person on this planet who identifies as an SJW, and it's really hard not to be better than him

Yeah, I'm the bad guy for pointing out that people that use terms like "cis scum" are filth.

lmbo. are you one of those people who crusades against words like "honky" or "cracker" as well?
Murica!
whyshouldigiveyoumyname?
Angola

Political Matrix
E: -6.13, S: -10.00

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2015, 10:32:26 AM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 10:34:14 AM by Murica! »

What do you mean by Communists? Anarchist Communists? Marxist Communists? Libertarian Marxists?
Stalinists? Trostkyists?
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2015, 10:34:03 AM »

Tbf, I don't think SJW would actually hurt anyone if given power, they just prefer to psychologically torment people.
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2015, 10:50:52 AM »

at this point, the common usage of the word "sjw" means "anyone who is vaguely progressive about gender/race/etc.", so…

Yeah, I'm the bad guy for pointing out that people that use terms like "cis scum" are filth.

lmbo. are you one of those people who crusades against words like "honky" or "cracker" as well?

No. I don't care about "offensive" things, which is why I despise SJW's.

except "cis scum"?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2015, 11:25:56 AM »

People that get offended by SJW's are almost universally worse than the supposed SJW menace. The worst I can say about SJW's is that some are invested in some pretty pointless endeavours (like fighting the scourge of cultural appropriation) that miss the larger point; and that others have misappropriated genuine mental issues (like trigger warnings) to the point of silliness. Other than that, their major flaws are the same isues endemic to all Internet-based groups (including their enemies): collective hysteria, the tendency to form witch hunts, seeking echo chambers etc.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2015, 11:36:37 AM »

I've never heard anyone do so. I just don't see the problem with those labeled as such. I mean as stated before it seems incredibly like the predominant politics and outlook in my scene, such as the example I gave of a Different Kind of Dude Fest.

They tend to be pretentious d*ckheads with comically misplaced elitism that leads them to stereotype the needs and wants of entire groups of people all in the name of being tolerant and "enlightened."  A truly ironic endeavor if there ever was one.

That's the problem with them.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2015, 12:44:57 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 12:52:22 PM by L.D. Smith, Knight of Appalachia »

It was tempting to vote Commies, especially considering the behavior of those self-described commies (sans Snowstalker anyway) against that of the SJWs here.

But let's face it, the reality is, is that in spite of the self-loathing, bigotry, hypocrisy, elitism, pettiness, disorganization, two-faced ideas of religion, and lack of scale for society that take over the stereotypical SJW:

- There's still a silent majority that are merely just passionate progressives or even just advocates for human rights labeled so by actual bigoted wing-nuts

- The worst of these moonbats are still mostly too cowardly and disorganized to do much beyond the internet, whereas Commies took part in genocides, gulags, and ironically enough very serious economic injustices. And these things tend to be downplayed by their advocates when obviously they shouldn't.

- When these actual SJWs (and not the silent majority of progressives lumped in) do manage to hit the social issue on the head and stick with it, they really are spot on. It's rare that this happens, but it does happen. Commies seem to assume class = every problem, which is a very double-edged sword.

So yeah, SJWs here.

SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2015, 12:54:00 PM »

impressive.
Cory
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2015, 02:52:05 PM »