Fox national poll: Bush leads Clinton by 1, but she leads all other Republicans
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:35:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  Fox national poll: Bush leads Clinton by 1, but she leads all other Republicans
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Fox national poll: Bush leads Clinton by 1, but she leads all other Republicans  (Read 1721 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 13, 2015, 09:07:57 PM »

Fox national poll, conducted May 9-12:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2015/05/13/fox-news-polls-huckabee-seen-as-more-ethical-than-most-clintons-favorable-slips/

Bush 45%
Clinton 44%

Clinton 48%
Cruz 43%

Clinton 47%
Rubio 43%

Clinton 48%
Walker 42%

Clinton 48%
Carson 42%

Clinton 48%
Kasich 40%

Clinton 49%
Fiorina 37%

Clinton 47%
Huckabee 44%
mds32
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 09:09:06 PM »

I think we need another poll to confirm such a result, until then I put this in the outlier category.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 09:11:14 PM »

Terrible numbers for Walker.

I think we need another poll to confirm such a result, until then I put this in the outlier category.

Fox News polls skew heavily towards Republicans.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2012/10/31/fox-news-poll-race-for-white-house-dead-heat/
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2015, 09:38:58 PM »

lol Hillary only leads Ted Cruz 46-43 and Mike Huckabee 47-42 among Millennials. There most be a Protestant revival afoot! Junk with a capital J.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2015, 09:48:05 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2015, 09:51:50 PM by Beet »

1. That DLC-triangulating jerkoff Bill Clinton (D-Clinton Foundation) has a 54%-40% favorability. Tongue

2. LOL @ Andrew Cuomo polling better than Chafee and O'Malley combined.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2015, 10:19:47 PM »

Once a Republican unites the party behind them, Mrs. inevitable will be trailing.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 11:40:20 AM »

Once a Republican unites the party behind them, Mrs. inevitable will be trailing.
Trailing in a Fox Poll = 4 point popular vote victory.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 11:46:31 AM »

Clinton will already be done with her 2nd term.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 04:10:14 PM »

Wow ... you think Fox is just "slightly" biased.
Are they nuts !

Clinton 48, Cruz 43
Clinton 48, Carson 42

I'm curious ... how many Atlas members actually believe that an election with either Cruz or Carson would be this close ?
Who is actually swallowing this kind of outlandish polling ?
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 04:58:21 PM »

ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 05:32:41 PM »

At this point still how candidates do in polls is directly connected to name recognition. John Kasich and Carly Fiorina aren't doing bad because they're terrible candidates (although Fiorina would certainly be something), they're doing bad because no one knows who they are. Huckabee and Bush are doing best, gee I wonder why.

By the way did they forget Rand Paul?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 07:30:06 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2015, 07:31:41 PM by OC »

Yeah move over Scott Walker; Jeb's in control.

But, Hilary isnt far behind and this race for presidency is heating up.

Fox news uses the likeliest voters.
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 08:10:52 PM »

Fox Polls aren't usually too bad but at the same time it really wouldn't shock me if they were in the tank for Jeb.
Gallium
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 08:15:49 PM »

Fox Polls aren't usually too bad but at the same time it really wouldn't shock me if they were in the tank for Jeb.
I don't trust FOX's polling. Including Warren, excluding Paul... they're not even subtle.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 08:16:58 PM »

Are they nuts !

Clinton 48, Cruz 43
Clinton 48, Carson 42

I'm curious ... how many Atlas members actually believe that an election with either Cruz or Carson would be this close ?

The poll is about Hillary, not about the Pub candidates, as to whom swing voters have not been to parse, and have not been vetted or tested. So predictions about the end result, is far less about current polls, but understanding the mettle, temperament, character and policy positions of the candidates, and guessing how it will pan out. And yes, predictions at this point, are little more than guesses, arguably quite wild guesses. That is why I smile when I see all the food fights here about it all. It's way, way too early to do.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2015, 04:05:25 PM »

This is just as far off the consensus as the CNN poll was, except in the other direction. Considering FOX can't even figure out who is running, why would I trust them to figure out anything else?
EliteLX
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.64, S: 0.85

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2015, 08:25:30 AM »

+1 Bush? Lol, the poll is clearly bullsh**t.

You won't find a SINGLE other poll coming anywhere close to even a 3 point trail on Hillary. For some reason the idiots at Fox want to elect another flip flopping moderate trying to win votes and instead shoot themselves in the foot instead of standing for something and lose again. Rand 2016, he's one who could beat her if he gets the nomination.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2015, 08:43:21 AM »

Are they nuts !

Clinton 48, Cruz 43
Clinton 48, Carson 42

This poll is really all about Hillary. Most folks don't know the Pub candidates all that well, so thus they all get about the same number as the un-Hilllary. And that might not change all that much as to Hillary's numbers until a Pub is nominated, and folks start to compare the two candidates, one on one.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2015, 08:55:58 AM »
« Edited: June 02, 2015, 08:57:40 AM by SMilo »

Fox is usually a solid pollster. As Rasmussen drifted into obscurity, Fox managed to limit their bias.

I have a very difficult time believing Bush us the best performing Republican after the  Q, CNN and PA (and now ABC) polls though. I don't think thats personal anti-Bush bias. Them leaving off a contender like Paul (after the debacle last week) shows they have motives though. Need to push the Bush=electable argument to drum up his primary support. Suppose 4 years of Clinton will keep the ratings high assuming they keep coming up with ideas for scandals. Fox will likely be good during the GE again (one can only hope!)
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2015, 08:57:38 AM »

Clinton will already be done with her 2nd term.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2015, 09:01:22 AM »

Fox is usually a solid pollster. As Rasmussen drifted into obscurity, Fox managed to limit their bias.

I have a very difficult time believing Bush us the best performing Republican after the  Q, CNN and PA (and now ABC) polls though. I don't think thats personal anti-Bush bias. Them leaving off a contender like Paul (after the debacle last week) shows they have motives though.

What do you mean "after last week"?  Note what dates this poll was taken.  And for that matter, when this thread was started.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2015, 05:05:09 PM »

I have a very difficult time believing Bush us the best performing Republican after the  Q, CNN and PA (and now ABC) polls though. I don't think thats personal anti-Bush bias. Them leaving off a contender like Paul (after the debacle last week) shows they have motives though.

What do you mean "after last week"?  Note what dates this poll was taken.  And for that matter, when this thread was started.

Ah, I did miss the dates, but the point stands. They showed a poll with the huge tie for 1st place, left off Paul who was one point behind and showed several people's percentages that were behind him. Point still stands that they got something against him. Order doesn't matter.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2015, 05:39:23 PM »

Ah, I did miss the dates, but the point stands. They showed a poll with the huge tie for 1st place, left off Paul who was one point behind and showed several people's percentages that were behind him. Point still stands that they got something against him. Order doesn't matter.

Fox News (aka Establishment Republican channel) has a pattern of trying to ignore him. They're doing the same thing they did to Ron Paul. Meanwhile, they prop up Bush as the best candidate.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2015, 06:12:05 PM »

Fox is not a solid pollster in presidential years.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2015, 09:38:39 PM »
« Edited: June 02, 2015, 09:40:41 PM by SMilo »

Fox is not a solid pollster in presidential years.

That's the anti-FNC in you talking. They generally had higher Obama leads than other pollsters except for their final two, the last of which wasn't horrible. As we know, pollsters always go back to calling a close race as a near tie at the end so I'm not sure we can count those - we saw it in the UK, Scotland, some in 2014, and here we see it in 2012. Every pollster backed it up to a MoE race. Fox made it an exact tie. Ignore the final week polls, and they had Romney+1 (presumably after the first debate when everyone showed the trend that way it seems), Obama +5 twice in September which is just a tick better than the average, Romney +1 in late August which is about 2-3 pts higher than most others for Romney, and Obama +9 in early August which is like 2 pts higher than other reliable pollsters.

Fox also posted the strongest Obama numbers each week they polled in July and June (and those weeks had at least 5 reputable polls).

They'll likely be fine in the GE. I won't guarantee it, but they are very good. If they don't have an agenda.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies