NH-1: FEC fines Guinta for illegal loan from parents (Resign Watch Thread) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 05:55:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NH-1: FEC fines Guinta for illegal loan from parents (Resign Watch Thread) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NH-1: FEC fines Guinta for illegal loan from parents (Resign Watch Thread)  (Read 8592 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: May 17, 2015, 11:28:56 PM »

That means RINO Innis runs for the seat, and we lose it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 12:06:58 AM »

Innis is a far better candidate than Guinta ever was.

Well, Guinta won twice out of three times. Innis is not a conservative. His entire campaign was about his sexuality. Perhaps he would have won if he talked about something, anything else.

Maybe I'm in the fringe here, but I don't think this hurts Guinta in the slightest.  Most voters don't care about this stuff. Do I approve of it? No. But let's face it, many in Congress have gotten away with *Far* worse.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 12:20:20 AM »

Innis is a far better candidate than Guinta ever was.

Well, Guinta won twice out of three times. Innis is not a conservative. His entire campaign was about his sexuality. Perhaps he would have won if he talked about something, anything else.

Maybe I'm in the fringe here, but I don't think this hurts Guinta in the slightest.  Most voters don't care about this stuff. Do I approve of it? No. But let's face it, many in Congress have gotten away with *Far* worse.

I originally didn't think it would matter much, but from what I've been reading about it, it's bad enough that Guinta would receive a strong primary challenge if he ran again - despite the fact that he's an incumbent.

Innis lost the NH-1 2014 primary because, more than anything else, Guinta was seen as the candidate, who, as a previous incumbent mounting a comeback bid, as the one who "deserved to have the nomination the most". Had Innis reached the general, he would have beaten Shea-Porter by a wider margin than Guinta did.

Maybe, but it's hard to know.  Are there any other conservatives in NH-01 that can run for this?
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 01:13:55 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I love the Sununu family but I hate dynasty politics. I guess I'm okay with it.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:17:20 AM »

Innis is very, very bad on the homosexual issue -- I think he is also pro-abortion? (Just a notion, I'll be happy to correct if I'm wrong).

I think Guinta survives this. It's very early on in his second term.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:45:26 PM »

Ayotte calling Guinta to resign. Damn, this should be fun.

Of course she does. Getting big numbers in NH-01 is her only way to win re-election if Hassan runs.

With friends like Kelly Ayotte, who needs the left.  Shame on her. Democrats (and for that matter, Republicans) won't even ask Menendez to resign and he's under FEDERAL INDICTMENT
CountryClassSF

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:49:42 PM »

I think Democrat-lite Kelly Ayotte should resign.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 08:53:40 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2015, 08:57:34 PM by CountryClassSF »

Republicans go into meltdown mode every time they think they'll get negative media coverage.  The "OMG GET IT OFF THE NEWS NOW RESIGN RESIGN RESIGN!" attitude is almost pathological. When will they realize they'll always get negative media coverage?

If only they were as forceful asking indicted Menendez to resign. Oh wait, they never did.

Ayotte has been a thorn in the side of Republicans ever since she took office
CountryClassSF

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 09:35:14 PM »

It still exists - in the courtroom.  The integrity of the Senate is a different matter. 

When Mike Grimm was indicted (prior to pleading Guilty), Pelosi & co insisted he resigned. Not a word about Menendez.  We can't have different standards for everybody.

To my knowledge, Guinta's charges were a civil infraction as opposed to a criminal one
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies