Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 11:55:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Rubio: As president, I wouldn't pursue a 2-state solution for Israel/Palestine  (Read 2866 times)
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 14, 2015, 07:27:52 AM »

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/run-2016/2015/05/13/rubio-no-two-state-solution-in-mideast

You must be logged in to read this quote.
bobloblaw
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2015, 09:55:38 AM »

I support a 2 state solution, but clearly now isnt the time. If an election were held today in West Bank, Hamas would win.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2015, 10:08:26 AM »

He should run for president of Israel. He'd give Netanyahu a good scare.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2015, 01:13:37 PM »

He really wants that Adelson money bad
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2015, 01:15:15 PM »

He really wants that Adelson money bad
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2015, 01:16:05 PM »

King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2015, 01:21:57 PM »

A fresh face in the Republican party... LOL. Typical neocon.
#stillsupportingpaul

I'm sure Paul will be forced to express this opinion on a debate stage in the near future.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2015, 01:23:35 PM »

#stillsupportingpaul

lol, he's already begun to go neocon now, can't wait to see how desperate he gets in the primaries.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2015, 01:26:08 PM »

I support a 2 state solution, but clearly now isnt the time. If an election were held today in West Bank, Hamas would win.

So what? If the people of the West Bank elected Hamas in a free, democratic election who are you to criticise that?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2015, 02:28:58 PM »

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2015, 02:34:14 PM »

Here's the thing.... The Palestinians don't want peace, nor do the Israelis, otherwise we would still be working on the Oslo Accords. A One-State solution is the best political move, however the Israelis need to give up their pipe dream of being a "Jewish State". It doesn't work now, and it won't work in the future.... They need to recognize that by disenfranchising minorities within Israel, they are giving terrorists in the West Bank and Gaza more ammunition.

As for the dynamics of a future Israeli State? I would annex the West Bank, and return Gaza to Egypt... and make the Mayor of Jerusalem appointed, and alternating between Muslims and Jews every four years.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2015, 02:39:22 PM »

"Brown people can't be trusted with democracy "
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 02:41:01 PM »

So what? If the people of the West Bank elected Hamas in a free, democratic election who are you to criticise that?

If the people of Afghanistan elect Al Qaeda in a free, democratic election, should the US have the right to "criticize that"?
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2015, 02:46:21 PM »

If the people of Afghanistan elect Al Qaeda in a free, democratic election, should the US have the right to "criticize that"?

In principle, no, not really. As long as this hypothetical Al Qaeda government does not attack the US or one of its allies, either directly or through obvious sponsorhsip of terrorism within the US for example, it does seem to me that it is none of the US' business.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:10 PM »

That's besides the point though because Al Qaeda would never participate in an election.  Hardcore Islamist groups like Al Qaeda and ISIS, as well as a large minority of Muslims around the world, oppose democracy because they think it's incompatible with their religion. 
bobloblaw
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2015, 02:51:53 PM »

Fine, we dont have to deal with them then.
bobloblaw
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2015, 02:53:50 PM »

Here's the thing.... The Palestinians don't want peace, nor do the Israelis, otherwise we would still be working on the Oslo Accords. A One-State solution is the best political move, however the Israelis need to give up their pipe dream of being a "Jewish State". It doesn't work now, and it won't work in the future.... They need to recognize that by disenfranchising minorities within Israel, they are giving terrorists in the West Bank and Gaza more ammunition.

As for the dynamics of a future Israeli State? I would annex the West Bank, and return Gaza to Egypt... and make the Mayor of Jerusalem appointed, and alternating between Muslims and Jews every four years.

No thank you Mr Genocide. There is no disenfranchisement of minorities within Israel.

Your utopian dream has allready been tried and failed in Lebanon between Christians and Muslims. If neither side wants peaces, as you say, the nhow would a One State Solution work?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »

In principle, no, not really. As long as this hypothetical Al Qaeda government does not attack the US or one of its allies, either directly or through obvious sponsorhsip of terrorism within the US for example, it does seem to me that it is none of the US' business.

Okay, but Al Qaeda already has done that and continues to.

Much like Hamas has and continues to attack Israel both via rockets and via suicide bombings/shootings when they can.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2015, 03:15:06 PM »

Oy gevalt!
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2015, 03:20:56 PM »

Rubio is honestly the best candidate in the field, but it almost upsets me that he's running. His chances of making it out of this field are slim, and he could've helped in the Senate for years to come and still been a fresh candidate in 2020 or 2024.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2015, 03:43:47 PM »

Rubio is honestly the best candidate in the field, but it almost upsets me that he's running. His chances of making it out of this field are slim, and he could've helped in the Senate for years to come and still been a fresh candidate in 2020 or 2024.

I doubt he'll be damaged much in the campaign, and I think Walker is likely to pick him for VP.

Although, as Bush continues to weaken, Rubio likely ascends to the top three and has a good chance to win the nomination.
bballrox4717

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -3.65

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2015, 04:20:22 PM »

I doubt he'll be damaged much in the campaign, and I think Walker is likely to pick him for VP.

Although, as Bush continues to weaken, Rubio likely ascends to the top three and has a good chance to win the nomination.

Rubio's already in the top 3 and probably runs even with Walker as the front runner if Bush completely falls apart.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2015, 04:20:45 PM »

#stillsupportingpaul

lol, he's already begun to go neocon now, can't wait to see how desperate he gets in the primaries.

Paul is the only Republican who isn't quite 100% neocon.
Incipimus iterum
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »

Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2015, 12:26:23 AM »

Hitler won an election, and never attacked the US. Was FDR wrong to send lend lease supplies to Britain and the Soviets? To criticize his suppression of various groups as well as democracy? To oppose his aggressive posture?

It is not our business to invade or attempt regime change, if that is what you are asking unless their is a threat to the US. However, if for no other reason then idealism, the US would find a democracy voting itself out of existance to be a matter of grave concern.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies