BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:40:52 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death  (Read 7593 times)
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

« on: May 15, 2015, 04:46:03 PM »

Oppose the state killing any its own citizens on ideological grounds, but can't feel sorry for this guy at all.

He certainly didn't.

And to the poster who said, "Aren't we supposed to be better than them?" ... WE ARE.  We're ridding the world of an unrepentant, psychopathic murderer who made a direct attack on our innocent citizens and, more broadly, our way of life.

Good decision, and I hope he rots in hell.

This is precisely why death penalty supporters bug me.  You guys believe that his execution is just the beginning of his punishment, when the rest of us think that's it's the premature end.

edited. It's impossible to truly prove or disprove the existence of hell.

you want to send him there more quickly?  doesn't seem like the Christian thing to do.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 12:07:54 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2015, 12:09:37 AM by shua »

Also, one last thing Turk:  Jesus never condemned the Romans for their justice system which instituted the death penalty for common criminals.  Jesus said "Give unto Caesar that which is his"; he never criticized the Romans for executing robbers, thieves, etc., and they used the death penalty far more extensively than we do now.

I respect your viewpoint, but  I frankly do not see eye-to-eye with you on this.

Maybe he did criticize it directly - the Gospels were not written as an exhaustive account of everything Jesus ever said, but for things that would have relevance to their particular audiences.

The biggest way in which Jesus critiqued the death penalty was by being subjected to it, which should lead us to question systems of violence meeting out human ideas of justice.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 11:48:17 PM »

There is literally no legitimate reason not to kill him.

This is basically the grossest post I've seen on this board in a long time. Especially from a self-professed Christian.

Speaking of legitimate reasons, I wonder why Wulfric opposes same-sex marriage.

Ah, good. This thread already has the death penalty, hell, Jesus, abortion and race. Wouldn't want to leave out same-sex marriage.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies