BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:51:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death  (Read 7627 times)
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« on: May 15, 2015, 02:33:56 PM »

People really ought to have a little more compassion for humanity. Really despicable outcome.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:07:58 PM »

People really ought to have a little more compassion for humanity. Really despicable outcome.

Sorry.  I have zero compassion for someone who obviously had no compassion for the innocent people he killed and maimed. 

I thought we're suppoused to be better than them.

Unlike most Atlas posters, I have absolutely no qualms with the death penalty.  It is legitimate justice for those who kill people.  Retribution is a legitimate goal of the criminal justice system.

Though it absolutely should not be. That is a horrifying moral system that seeks such. I don't mean anything personal cinyc, but this is the most important issue to me by a long stretch rivaled only by abortion. Rehabilitation and public safety are the only legitimate considerations. Even in cases where that cannot be accomplished cully, he can still serve a purpose.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 12:05:10 AM »

Using the Bible as a citation for specific morals is a flawed way to think anyway, but sadly it's what millions in this country are going to do anyway.
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 12:12:17 AM »
« Edited: May 16, 2015, 12:17:49 AM by SMilo »

Using the Bible as a citation for specific morals is a flawed way to think anyway, but sadly it's what millions in this country are going to do anyway.

Of course, I don't base my view on the Bible, but as a Christian, it does matter to me from a personal standpoint, and I respect others for whom it is significant.

(Response was intended for RFayette regarding the issue of the death penalty not being called out. I don't even want to get into the issue of abortion which has even less to take from the Bible. Taking the moral perspective of one time period is a horrendous way to rationalize a current policy.)
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies