BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:36:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: BREAKING: Boston Bomber sentenced to death  (Read 7616 times)
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« on: May 15, 2015, 02:59:05 PM »

People really ought to have a little more compassion for humanity. Really despicable outcome.

Sorry.  I have zero compassion for someone who obviously had no compassion for the innocent people he killed and maimed. 

I thought we're suppoused to be better than them.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2015, 03:23:53 PM »

Putting Tsarnaev to death won't serve any purpose at all. Some may feel better for a short moment, but their loved ones are gone forever and their wounds will never be completely healed. It won't deter anybody and Tsarnaev will only get off easier than rotting in prison for the rest of his life. And the whole notion of "retributive justice" is useless to society.

As of those who feel happy about a fellow man being executed without having any connection to the case, I can't help thinking of them as a bit bloodthirsty. "Justice is served" is a pathetic excuse for their own primitive instincts.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 07:32:46 AM »

There's a side of retributive justice that has not been raised, but is relevant. It isn't about punishment to the criminal, but closure to the public who endured the trauma of knowing people directly or indirectly impacted by the bombing.

I don't believe it's really working. They may feel better for a brief moment, but it won't bring back anybody to life nor heal sustained wounds. Beside, under American system, they will have to wait for years (maybe even two decades) before he is executed and many won't even live to see that. No hope for a closure, even brief one, for them.

I honestly don't see people impacted nor population in general benefiting from executing him (nor anyone else).
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies