Kentucky Primaries Predictions and Results Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 08:34:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kentucky Primaries Predictions and Results Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]
Author Topic: Kentucky Primaries Predictions and Results Thread  (Read 7219 times)
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 20, 2015, 03:28:35 PM »

On the basis of primary votes cast by party, Democrats in Kentucky should be worried for November.  For those offices where both parties have contested races, there are more votes cast for Republican candidates than for Democratic candidates.

I don't recall this having ever happened statewide in Kentucky before - ever.

Governor, D - 178,514
Governor, R - 214,187

State Treasurer, D - 163,804
State Treasurer, R - 180,267

By far the main driver of turnout is the governor's race. For apparently the first time ever, the Democrats did not have a competitive governor primary while the Republicans did.

I'd suggest if anybody should worry, it's the Republicans. The 2014 primary for U.S Senate had a turnout of nearly 350,000 votes and Bevin received 125,000 in that vs. the approximately 70,000 he got in this.
rbt48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #151 on: May 20, 2015, 09:17:21 PM »

On the basis of primary votes cast by party, Democrats in Kentucky should be worried for November.  For those offices where both parties have contested races, there are more votes cast for Republican candidates than for Democratic candidates.

I don't recall this having ever happened statewide in Kentucky before - ever.

Governor, D - 178,514
Governor, R - 214,187

State Treasurer, D - 163,804
State Treasurer, R - 180,267

By far the main driver of turnout is the governor's race. For apparently the first time ever, the Democrats did not have a competitive governor primary while the Republicans did.

I'd suggest if anybody should worry, it's the Republicans. The 2014 primary for U.S Senate had a turnout of nearly 350,000 votes and Bevin received 125,000 in that vs. the approximately 70,000 he got in this.
Well, I can't argue that the Republican's did have more competitive races that probably drew out more voters, but until recent years, Democratic primary voters always dwarfed Republican voter turnouts in statewide races.  There is no party registration in Kentucky, and to me, these numbers are a clear indication that Kentuckians are finally leaving behind 150 years of allegiance to the Democratic party at state and local levels.
Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #152 on: May 20, 2015, 09:28:05 PM »

Well, I can't argue that the Republican's did have more competitive races that probably drew out more voters, but until recent years, Democratic primary voters always dwarfed Republican voter turnouts in statewide races.  There is no party registration in Kentucky, and to me, these numbers are a clear indication that Kentuckians are finally leaving behind 150 years of allegiance to the Democratic party at state and local levels.

Kentucky does have party registration. And this was a closed primary.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #153 on: May 20, 2015, 09:46:26 PM »

Kentucky does have party registration. And this was a closed primary.
lmao
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #154 on: May 21, 2015, 05:48:35 AM »

The Kentucky State Board of Elections' website shows the same result as AP and AoSDDHQ - Bevin +83.  But they claim there are still precincts outstanding in Jefferson County (Louisville).

That would be good, I think I saw Comer doing god awful in Jefferson County (one of the lone Heiner strongholds).

Woah, why do you hate Comer so much? I thought your last negative post was being misinterpreted by my brain.

Domestic abuse doesn't play well in the general, you see. And I don't even like Matt Bevin much, I just want crass opportunist Jack Conway to be beat.

Why do you say Conway is a crass opportunist?

Because he is. The man has been on every side of every issue. Even MSNBC moderators like Rachel Maddow and Chris Matthews have called him on it.

Could you give actual examples?  I was kind of hoping to learn something Tongue  Lastly, I don't give a fig what the soulless hacks at MSNBC have to say about anything, neither should anyone else.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #155 on: May 21, 2015, 07:27:01 AM »

Team Mitch is impressed with Bevin's campaign, but of course they note he'll need the entire establishment to beat the dynasty.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #156 on: May 21, 2015, 09:56:12 AM »
« Edited: May 21, 2015, 10:00:27 AM by maxwell »

And the move to Bevin and McConnell becoming best friends begin...

And Conway has been on both sides of the bush tax cuts, cap and trade, and we all remember Aqua Buddha. To be brutally honest, I haven't looked at his record as Attorney General, I assume it's rather uneventful.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #157 on: May 22, 2015, 05:11:28 PM »

Comer says if the recanvass confirms Bevin's lead then he'll concede and endorse Bevin.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #158 on: May 25, 2015, 01:10:13 PM »

Pretty amazing Comer won 4 CDs and still came up short:

Bandit3 the Worker
Populist3
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -10.00, S: -9.92

« Reply #159 on: May 25, 2015, 01:13:54 PM »

Pretty amazing Comer won 4 CDs and still came up short:

Republicans in northern Kentucky are very militant - even though they still trail in registration numbers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies