More chatter about a Dem redraw of CD lines in CA if SCOTUS tanks AZ commission (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:42:04 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  More chatter about a Dem redraw of CD lines in CA if SCOTUS tanks AZ commission (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: More chatter about a Dem redraw of CD lines in CA if SCOTUS tanks AZ commission  (Read 1940 times)
CountryClassSF

« on: May 17, 2015, 02:14:46 AM »
« edited: May 17, 2015, 02:16:38 AM by CountryClassSF »

Nothing really of any great moment, as opposed to speculation, in this article.  I strongly doubt it will happen myself. It is not as if the Dems are in the hunt to take over the House anyway.

Frankly, with net losses of House seats here in 2014, I'm not sure where else they can gain. The Republican Party here has hit rock bottom. It would take some serious gerrymandering to even gain one more seat.

BTW, Democrats can stop their faux outrage about gerrymandered districts if they plan to do the same thing. Considering Illinois and Maryland have some of the most obviously gerrymandered districts in the country.....

I'm not entirely convinced the court will overturn independent commissions.  But if they do, it's a tragic setback for democracy and state's rights. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies