Obama's approval ratings are higher among wealthier voters.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 12:52:11 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Obama's approval ratings are higher among wealthier voters.
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Obama's approval ratings are higher among wealthier voters.  (Read 643 times)
RR1997
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 16, 2015, 05:45:29 PM »
« edited: May 16, 2015, 06:36:52 PM by RR1997 »

http://d25d2506sfb94s.cloudfront.net/cumulus_uploads/document/2hr8ocwv9l/econTabReport.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I posted this because these results are shocking to me. I expected Obama's approval ratings to be higher amongst middle and lower classes, but I was wrong.

What's even more shocking is that wealthier voters are more likely to be more approving of Obama's handling of the economy and they're more likely to be approving of Obama's handling of taxes. Wealthier voters are also more likely to be pro-gay marriage, pro-choice, pro-enviroment, pro-immigration, pro-Obama and etc.

Even though wealthier voters still favor the Republicans, it's nice to see that they can break away from partisanship and approve of Obama's performance as president (like everyone should, since he's done a great job IMO). It's also nice to see that wealthier voters are more socially liberal. My parents would be considered wealthy voters by this poll, and they seem to approve of Obama's job as president (they're Republicans).

It seems like both poor and rich voters approve of Obama and how he's handling certain issues, while it's the middle class that seems to hate Obama.

Disucss
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 06:33:07 PM »

100K? One has lots of small-business owners, many of whom have a member attending college. Double professional incomes. Physicians and attorneys.
RR1997
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2015, 06:51:04 PM »

100K? One has lots of small-business owners, many of whom have a member attending college. Double professional incomes. Physicians and attorneys.

Keep in mind that the median income of the "$100k+" group was near $600k, so 50% of the "$100k+" group makes between $100k-$600k, while the other 50% makes $600k+.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2015, 09:41:25 PM »

I don't know if $99k in San Francisco is really middle class You'd have to spend 45% of your income on a 1 bedroom apartment.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 02:10:08 AM »

I don't know if $99k in San Francisco is really middle class You'd have to spend 45% of your income on a 1 bedroom apartment.

Ha, in my neighborhood, that's pretty much poverty line.  Rents averaging around $4000(!) now.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 07:12:24 AM »

Ha, in my neighborhood, that's pretty much poverty line.  Rents averaging around $4000(!) now.

I recall a study that suggested that 40k in a mid sized southern city could purchase a similar lifestyle as 100k in NYC. Perhaps this poll is just showcasing regionalism.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 07:48:56 AM »

On the economy there's not a huge difference,  but the distribution isn't that surprising - the more financially secure would have a bias to approval of whoever is president when it comes to the economy.  Same with taxes: you have people in the middle group who are wealthy enough that they have a tax burden but still be in a position to worry about basic expenses.  People draw from their own situation in their opinion of whoever is president.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies