The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:54:05 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton  (Read 3607 times)
Beet
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2015, 12:02:41 AM »

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/17/us/politics/the-right-aims-at-democrats-on-social-media-to-hit-clinton.html
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 12:06:31 AM »

About time they realized there are legitimate criticisms of Hillary. Benghazi and Lewinsky are lame attacks. But that she's a neoliberal warmonger isn't.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 12:46:35 AM »

About time they realized there are legitimate criticisms of Hillary. Benghazi and Lewinsky are lame attacks. But that she's a neoliberal warmonger isn't.

You realize they're only doing this to elect an even more "neoliberal warmonger", right?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 04:08:20 PM »

Water is wet. Sometimes you can't tell when a Hillary complaint is coming from a FOX watcher or a Daily Kos blogger.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

Water is wet. Sometimes you can't tell when a Hillary complaint is coming from a FOX watcher or a Daily Kos blogger.

Heck, usually you can't.  That's because ethical complaints are universal.  Both sides can in good conscience criticize a politician on most scandals.  It's just that those of us who don't like Hillary, from the left or right, are more likely to think the scandals are a big deal.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2015, 07:57:32 PM »

"NO MORE BUSHES... OR CLINTONS"

-- Far-right plant pretending to be independent
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »

I agree that someone that emphatic would tend to be right-wing, but there are some centrists who are skeptical of dynasty politics but would reluctantly vote for Clinton anyways. 
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2015, 09:03:31 PM »

I agree that someone that emphatic would tend to be right-wing, but there are some centrists who are skeptical of dynasty politics but would reluctantly vote for Clinton anyways. 
The Clintons aren't a dynasty by any meaning of the word.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »

The Clintons aren't a dynasty by any meaning of the word.

Fine, how about "brand-name politics."  My point is, there are some centrists, mostly Democratic-leaning, who would prefer a non-Clinton/non-Bush but that is only one of an array of factors in determining their vote, and extremism would outstrip that disadvantage.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #9 on: May 17, 2015, 09:09:40 PM »

I still have not seen any reason for why the left should have anything to do with Hillary.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2015, 09:10:47 PM »

I still have not seen any reason for why the left should have anything to do with Hillary.
Let me introduce you to the 2016 Republican field.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »

Simple:  Hillary is the best chance for Dems to defeat the Republicans.  Let's be honest; given the Tea Party and increasing fiscal conservatism of the GOP along with a growing fissure in the Democratic Party between the business interests & Occupy Wall Street Types, there is one unifying trait among them:  they want to defeat the GOP. 

To achieve that end, then Hillary is your candidate.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2015, 10:12:17 PM »

Not sure I agree with the premise of this article. Because one dude on Twitter said something it's some grand strategy of the right?

Turkisblau, did you leave the Democrats?
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 01:17:37 AM »

Simple:  Hillary is the best chance for Dems to defeat the Republicans.  Let's be honest; given the Tea Party and increasing fiscal conservatism of the GOP along with a growing fissure in the Democratic Party between the business interests & Occupy Wall Street Types, there is one unifying trait among them:  they want to defeat the GOP. 

Who better to rally anti-big business voters then the most Wall Street oriented Democrat out there? Someone is going to get screwed in the end and isn't the guys rolling in the piles of cash.
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 01:24:13 AM »

Couldn't stand the Clintons the last time they were in the White House and have spent the last 14 years since they left hoping they'd go away forever. They're a parasitical infestation, a cancer on the Democratic Party. Part of me hopes that she loses just to finally get rid of their grasp on the Party so they can't ruin the Democratic Party by stuffing it full of the scum of the Earth types that the Clintons bring with them wherever they go. It took until the second term of Bush for us to scrub the Democratic Party clean the last time the Clintons messed it up.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 01:34:44 AM »

Couldn't stand the Clintons the last time they were in the White House and have spent the last 14 years since they left hoping they'd go away forever. They're a parasitical infestation, a cancer on the Democratic Party. Part of me hopes that she loses just to finally get rid of their grasp on the Party so they can't ruin the Democratic Party by stuffing it full of the scum of the Earth types that the Clintons bring with them wherever they go. It took until the second term of Bush for us to scrub the Democratic Party clean the last time the Clintons messed it up.

I'm sure John Podesta, Gary Gensler, Maya Harris and Joel Benenson appreciate being called the scum of the earth.
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 02:20:26 AM »

Turkisblau, did you leave the Democrats?
;-; Why Turkisblau, Why?
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:00 AM »

Has he become a True Leftist?
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 12:58:57 PM »

Lol
Thunderbird is the word
Zen Lunatic

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 01:22:42 PM »

I just think that part of the problem is how quickly the field has been cleared of any serious potential challengers to her left (Sanders will never get the nomination and O'Malley ain't it.) If they hadn't built up this aura of inevitability and if the Draft Warren crowd hadn't gotten so obsessed with personality and instead just focused on drafting anyone to Hillary's left, someone like Mark Dayton might have been good then the right wouldn't be able to fill this void.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »

Who better to rally anti-big business voters then the most Wall Street oriented Democrat out there? Someone is going to get screwed in the end and isn't the guys rolling in the piles of cash.

True, but to most Democrats, defeating the GOP is a huge priority, and they're willing to sacrifice a lot to reach that end.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2015, 02:38:29 PM »

I still haven't seen any reason why the left has a problem with Hillary, besides gripes with her husband and a single vote she made over a decade ago.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2015, 03:00:07 PM »

I still haven't seen any reason why the left has a problem with Hillary, besides gripes with her husband and a single vote she made over a decade ago.

I feel that her economic policies aren't lefty enough, her ehh stance on TPP makes me nervous (as someone who believes that the trade deal is going to be very bad for American workers), she's answered very few questions from reporters (which I know isn't something necessary for the presidency, but it makes me feel that she's not willing to give clear answers to the media -- even if they're out to get her), she's too pro-Israel for my liking (I realize Sanders is as well), iirc she said a few years ago that she feels that national security is more important than human rights (my memory of that is a bit fuzzy), and her support of the death penalty is a bit troubling to me (but I realize that the majority of elected Democrats do support it).

However, I love how she's gone to the left on issues such as immigration and the environment, and her views on eliminating poverty and women's rights are close to my views (except I'd go farther to attempt to eliminate poverty).
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2015, 03:52:32 PM »

I feel that her economic policies aren't lefty enough, her ehh stance on TPP makes me nervous (as someone who believes that the trade deal is going to be very bad for American workers), she's answered very few questions from reporters (which I know isn't something necessary for the presidency, but it makes me feel that she's not willing to give clear answers to the media -- even if they're out to get her), she's too pro-Israel for my liking (I realize Sanders is as well), iirc she said a few years ago that she feels that national security is more important than human rights (my memory of that is a bit fuzzy), and her support of the death penalty is a bit troubling to me (but I realize that the majority of elected Democrats do support it).

However, I love how she's gone to the left on issues such as immigration and the environment, and her views on eliminating poverty and women's rights are close to my views (except I'd go farther to attempt to eliminate poverty).

^This. And I don't hold the Iraq vote against her. Bush, Cheney, and Rumsfeld duped all of us.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #24 on: May 19, 2015, 05:00:36 PM »

If nothing else, SCOTUS.

Mind you, this is no reason to be cheering Hillary now, before the first primary vote has been cast.  I certainly plan on casting a ballot for Bernie myself, and pushing from within the party for the best policies I can.  But if she becomes the only thing standing between, say, Scott Walker replacing the Notorious RBG with a looneytune like Janice Rodgers Brown, then, well, you can bet I'll be on board.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies