The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:29:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Right Baits the Left to Turn Against Hillary Clinton  (Read 3658 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 17, 2015, 07:20:17 PM »

Water is wet. Sometimes you can't tell when a Hillary complaint is coming from a FOX watcher or a Daily Kos blogger.

Heck, usually you can't.  That's because ethical complaints are universal.  Both sides can in good conscience criticize a politician on most scandals.  It's just that those of us who don't like Hillary, from the left or right, are more likely to think the scandals are a big deal.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 09:01:35 PM »

"NO MORE BUSHES... OR CLINTONS"

-- Far-right plant pretending to be independent

I agree that someone that emphatic would tend to be right-wing, but there are some centrists who are skeptical of dynasty politics but would reluctantly vote for Clinton anyways. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2015, 09:04:38 PM »

"NO MORE BUSHES... OR CLINTONS"

-- Far-right plant pretending to be independent

I agree that someone that emphatic would tend to be right-wing, but there are some centrists who are skeptical of dynasty politics but would reluctantly vote for Clinton anyways. 
The Clintons aren't a dynasty by any meaning of the word.

Fine, how about "brand-name politics."  My point is, there are some centrists, mostly Democratic-leaning, who would prefer a non-Clinton/non-Bush but that is only one of an array of factors in determining their vote, and extremism would outstrip that disadvantage.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2015, 10:03:24 PM »

I still have not seen any reason for why the left should have anything to do with Hillary.

Simple:  Hillary is the best chance for Dems to defeat the Republicans.  Let's be honest; given the Tea Party and increasing fiscal conservatism of the GOP along with a growing fissure in the Democratic Party between the business interests & Occupy Wall Street Types, there is one unifying trait among them:  they want to defeat the GOP. 

To achieve that end, then Hillary is your candidate.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 03:38:34 PM »

I still have not seen any reason for why the left should have anything to do with Hillary.

Simple:  Hillary is the best chance for Dems to defeat the Republicans.  Let's be honest; given the Tea Party and increasing fiscal conservatism of the GOP along with a growing fissure in the Democratic Party between the business interests & Occupy Wall Street Types, there is one unifying trait among them:  they want to defeat the GOP. 

To achieve that end, then Hillary is your candidate.

Who better to rally anti-big business voters then the most Wall Street oriented Democrat out there? Someone is going to get screwed in the end and isn't the guys rolling in the piles of cash.

True, but to most Democrats, defeating the GOP is a huge priority, and they're willing to sacrifice a lot to reach that end.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies