Who would set the agenda for the Republicans 2001-2006 if Newt was still speaker (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:08:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Who would set the agenda for the Republicans 2001-2006 if Newt was still speaker (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who would set the agenda for the Republicans 2001-2006 if Newt was still speaker  (Read 910 times)
TheElectoralBoobyPrize

« on: May 19, 2015, 09:11:21 AM »

I doubt it ever would have happened...

1. Bush probably wouldn't have won if Gingrich had still been Speaker. The election was so close that ads tying him to Gingrich (even if they were bogus) could've made the difference.

2. Even if impeachment hadn't brought down Gingrich, something else probably would've...many members of the caucus were unhappy with him and as much as I like him, it was probably inevitable that he would bring about his own downfall.

3. Gingrich may have just voluntarily stepped down rather than deal with a second President Bush

Now if it actually had happened, who knows? I think it would've been far more interesting (and probably better for the country) than what we got (i.e. Hastert just doing whatever Bush told him).

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies