Breaking: Nine people killed in biker gang shootout in Waco
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 02:51:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Breaking: Nine people killed in biker gang shootout in Waco
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Breaking: Nine people killed in biker gang shootout in Waco  (Read 3080 times)
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2015, 10:36:40 AM »

Sure, just don't tell them that.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2015, 10:54:19 AM »

Why should we care about what a bunch of violent right-wing thugs think?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2015, 01:29:10 PM »

Being a thug has nothing to do with your race.  Everyone outside of Internet bubbles like Atlas would agree.

These guys were thugs, and I definitely agree that organized crime is the problem here.  Of course, being "tough on crime" has become "dog whistling," apparently even if it's in response to an all-White gang fight...
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2015, 07:02:43 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2015, 07:07:03 PM by SMilo »

#NotAllBikers

I find it so sad the president of one of the groups is out on bail the next day after stabbing two while Baltimore protestors, well...were not even close.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2015, 09:06:28 PM »

But seriously what gangs were involved and who got the better of the other?
clubs, not gangs.  They hate being called gangs.  They are not good people (thugs even), but they mostly stick to killing each other and committing generally low level organized crime.

They can call themselves a club if they wish, but if they use their organization to do criminal acts they are a criminal gang. If they do violent acts, then the word thug may apply. "Thug" is not a racial term.

It may be appropriate to prosecute one or more of the gangs under the RICO act, which could imply divestiture of the clubs and their members of assets, which in most cases are their motorcycles.
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 10:39:36 PM »

Wondering if I should watch "Sons of Anarchy" on Netflix.

Never been able to get into that.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 02, 2019, 05:54:40 PM »

all remaining indictments dropped, nine people dead, nobody getting in trouble for it
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #32 on: April 02, 2019, 06:09:35 PM »

McLennan County's DA office is basically a revolving door for malignantly incompetent prosecutors. No surprise here.
hurricanehink
United States

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2019, 06:23:16 PM »

We need to mandate, as soon as it’s feasible, that guns have AI programming to prevent their discharging on a fellow human. Only then could you say that guns don’t kill people.

Guns kill people far too easily. I can’t imagine how many people in Waco are crying tonight because they lost a friend, family member, or colleague. 
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2019, 06:25:53 PM »

For those curious, the short version: the old DA tried one of the bikers and got a hung jury. Then he lost his primary to the new DA who basically ran on a platform of letting all the bikers go, and here we are.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2019, 06:26:56 PM »

For those curious, the short version: the old DA tried one of the bikers and got a hung jury. Then he lost his primary to the new DA who basically ran on a platform of letting all the bikers go, and here we are.

Wat
Sprouts Farmers Market ✘
Sprouts
Atlas Icon
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -4.90, S: 1.74

« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2019, 06:33:46 PM »

#NotAllBikers

I find it so sad the president of one of the groups is out on bail the next day after stabbing two while Baltimore protestors, well...were not even close.

You're an idiot. Those Baltimore deplorables are lucky they ever get to see civilization again *smacks younger self*
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2019, 06:46:07 PM »

...and the Department of Homeland Security seeks to shut down all investigation of "white nationalist" terrorism. I would not trust my civil liberties around outlaw biker gangs.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2019, 06:54:02 PM »

...and the Department of Homeland Security seeks to shut down all investigation of "white nationalist" terrorism. I would not trust my civil liberties around outlaw biker gangs.
are the two sentences related at all?
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

are the two sentences related at all?

Outlaw biker gangs -- the 1% -- have fascist tendencies.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #40 on: April 02, 2019, 07:08:39 PM »

No doubt some (many?most?) of the 1%ers are racists and bigots, but even those care way more about profits from selling illegal contraband (and other illegal rackets) than they do about preaching their brand of white pride.  They very very very rarely screw with civilians.  That's how you go to jail.
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2019, 07:46:24 PM »

It almost suggests a title for a country song:

The Best Two Things About Waco...

are I-35 north. and I-35 south.

And the verse sings "The sign says you are now leaving Waco".
AtorBoltox

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2019, 12:07:34 AM »

Are these the people Trump was bragging about being on 'his side' in the event of a civil war the other day?
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2019, 12:25:18 AM »

God Bless America!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2019, 12:31:05 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2019, 12:45:32 AM by Ghost of Ruin »

Are these the people Trump was bragging about being on 'his side' in the event of a civil war the other day?

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2019/03/trump-tough-people-military-police-bikers.html

“So here’s the thing—it’s so terrible what’s happening,” Trump said when asked by Breitbart News Washington Political Editor Matthew Boyle about how the left is fighting hard.
“You know, the left plays a tougher game, it’s very funny. I actually think that the people on the right are tougher, but they don’t play it tougher. Okay? I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump – I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad. But the left plays it cuter and tougher. Like with all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]—that’s all they want to do is –you know, they do things that are nasty. Republicans never played this.”

Leaving aside the laughable hypocrisy that we've all become accustomed to, Trump here hits several notes from Umberto Eco's 14 typical features of fascism:

7. The obsession with a plot. "all the nonsense that they do in Congress … with all this invest[igations]"

8. The enemy is both strong and weak.

The left is playing a "tough game", and is implied to be dangerous enough that Trump might need to call upon "the tough people". But when he does, it is implied the outcome will doubtless be in favor of the fascists.

10. Contempt for the weak.

12. Machismo and weaponry.

14. Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak.

As Umberto Eco puts it, “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.” The above quote, like most of what emerges from Trump's mouth or fingers, is at a grade-school level, and an incoherent and crude one at that.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2019, 07:52:42 PM »

They're very fine people!
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies