Saudi Arabia is going nuclear
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 04:28:26 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Saudi Arabia is going nuclear
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saudi Arabia is going nuclear  (Read 1372 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 17, 2015, 11:05:16 PM »
« edited: May 17, 2015, 11:37:35 PM by Indy Texas »

http://www.thetower.org/2046-report-saudis-to-buy-nuke-from-pakistan-in-response-to-iran-deal/

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Edit: MSM Coverage: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-24823846
Boston Bread
New Canadaland
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2015, 11:12:48 PM »

Are all the hawks going to go after the Saudis rather than Iran now?
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:51:33 PM »

Saudi Arabia buying a nuke from Pakistan has been theorized for years. This is nothing new and they haven't actually done it yet.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 03:28:45 PM »

Honestly the more I follow Saudi Arabia's weapon program (or buying of foreign weapons) the less worried I'm about this. If the get these nuclear weapon here's the likely scenarios.

1: They will rust away in some storage room until they're useless.

2: They will be operational, but the only ones who will know how to maintain and operate them will be a bunch of Pakistani technicians, who will flee out of the country in case of a revolution.

3: They will be operational, but the only ones who will know how to maintain and operate them will be a bunch of American technicians, who will dismantle them in case of a regime shift.

All in all I'm not worried about these weapons falling in the wrong hands, and neither do I believe the Saudis will use them.

Of course they have a good reason to buy them, as the fear of them falling in the wrong hands, give Americans, Russians, Chinese etc. a incitiment to keep the Saudi regime in power forever.
Middle-aged Europe
Old Europe
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »

Saudi Arabia buying a nuke from Pakistan has been theorized for years. This is nothing new and they haven't actually done it yet.

Yeah, in fact it has always been theorized that the Saudis had co-financed Pakistan's nuclear weapons program from the start while retaining the option of getting some of the nukes for themselves eventually.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 02:00:44 AM »

Somehow the fact that a country that has the most radical form of Islam, and gave us Bin Laden and 15 of the 19 hijackers having nukes won't bother them.
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 07:53:22 AM »

It should bother everybody, especially to the ass clowns that argued that Iran should be able to get nukes if they want them.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 11:15:10 AM »

It should bother everybody, especially to the ass clowns that argued that Iran should be able to get nukes if they want them.

Every country has the right to develop nuclear energy. That's very different from buying nuclear weapons from Pakistan.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 12:03:35 PM »

no, cuz oil
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 03:56:10 PM »

This will be very scary when the Gulf oil inevitably runs out.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2015, 02:53:25 PM »

Not really it's not the Pakistani technicians and operators will stay, when the money runs out. By the time the oil run out Saudi Arabia will just have a bunch of large radioactive paper weights.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2015, 02:58:33 PM »

Not really it's not the Pakistani technicians and operators will stay, when the money runs out. By the time the oil run out Saudi Arabia will just have a bunch of large radioactive paper weights.

No, I mean when the oil runs out, the Gulf Arab economies collapse, and Saudi Arabia falls apart.
ingemann
YaBB God

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2015, 03:12:30 PM »

No, I mean when the oil runs out, the Gulf Arab economies collapse, and Saudi Arabia falls apart.

2 things.

I got that it was that you meant, what I said was that without money the Saudi the weapons are useless, because I doubt they will any native born Saudi, knowing how to operate them or even maintain them. So these nuclear weapons will be useless.

The second thing, the Saudis will still be in a better position than the minor Gulf states, as they will still have the Pilgrims to Mecca and as we see the economic growth among the south east Asian Muslim majority states, there will be a lot of money coming from Malay and Indonesian pilgrims. It will not cover the loss of the oil, but it will a source of income something UAE, Bahrain etc. will lack.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2015, 04:28:57 PM »

2 things.

I got that it was that you meant, what I said was that without money the Saudi the weapons are useless, because I doubt they will any native born Saudi, knowing how to operate them or even maintain them. So these nuclear weapons will be useless.

The second thing, the Saudis will still be in a better position than the minor Gulf states, as they will still have the Pilgrims to Mecca and as we see the economic growth among the south east Asian Muslim majority states, there will be a lot of money coming from Malay and Indonesian pilgrims. It will not cover the loss of the oil, but it will a source of income something UAE, Bahrain etc. will lack.

Tourism is a poor means of economic growth - and that is what religious pilgrimages are. The Saudis cannot maintain their current standard of living renting hotel rooms and selling souvenirs.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 10:50:44 PM »

It will be very good news when the oil runs out, because that means the US will stop putting as much effort into screwing up that part of the world.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies