after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:47:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread  (Read 1133 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« on: May 18, 2015, 01:11:53 AM »

I can probably go many more than ten... (also, the "Alive and witnessed the game" rule is garbage IMO)

(These are not in any order, largely because of the differences between various sports)

15.  Game Six, 1985 World Series The Cardinals likely would have won the World Series in six, rather than lost in seven, if umpire Don Denkinger had gotten a call up the first base line correct.

14. 1988 World Series People seem to be forgetting just how big a favorite the Oakland A;s were...

13. 2009 PGA Championship At this time, Tiger Woods, was unbeaten in playoffs...and entered the final round with a two shot lead. Instead Y.E YAng wins by three shots, a five-stroke swing, and Tiger hasn't really looked the same since.

12. 2009 U.S Open-Men's Singles No One had had defeated both Roger Federer and Rafael Nadal in the same tournament, and the along comes Juan Martin Del Potro, and he beats both...and wins the tournament.

11. Super Bowl III This one states the obvious

10. Super XLII Did anyone think the New York Giants had a chance?

9. 2007 Fiesta Bowl A great game, a great pair of teams...but Oklahoma really should have won that game.

8. 1997/2003 World Series Remind me what the Marlins Payroll was both years?

7. 2008 American League Championship Series We got our Cinderella in the Rays...but the Red Sox should have won that series

6. Red Sox and Braves both blow 8 1/2 (nine for Boston) game wild card leads in September 2011. Like I said, no particular order...

5. Game 5, 2007 American League Championship Series I don't care what your thoughts on the Yankees are, midges should not influence a baseball game.

4. 1999 Open Championship There's a reason the term "pulling a Van de Velde" is part of golf's lexicon.

3. 1999 Stanley Cup Finals, Game 6  I think it's safe to say the refs robbed the Buffalo Sabers.

2. 2001 AFC Divisional Playoff Game- Oakland at New England Is it telling that they dumped the "tuck rule" after the season?

1b. 2002 NBA Western Conference Finals, Games 6&7 If it wasn't for a thoroughly corrupt NBA, the Sacramento Kings might have won that series.

1a. 2004 American League Championship Series Once again, stating the obvious.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies