after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:55:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread  (Read 1129 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« on: May 18, 2015, 04:32:15 PM »

My most painful personally would be:

5. MLB: August 1, 2012 (Rangers over Angels)
4. 2009 ALCS, Game 2 (Yankees over Angels)
3. 2005 Rose Bowl (Texas over USC)
2. 2005 ALCS, Game 2 (White Sox over Angels)
1. Super Bowl XLIX (Patriots over Seahawks)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 10:06:18 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2015, 10:08:23 PM by realisticidealist »

1. Oct. 26, 2002, World Series Game 6: Angels 6, Giants 5. Everyone I know knows what happened here. I was seven years old and infatuated with baseball and convinced that my team was going to win. The Giants were up 5-0 with eight outs to go and then Felix Rodriguez got the ball and everything fell apart. That was Robb Nen's last game of his career, because he gave his arm to the team down the stretch and the team came up empty and he was never healthy again. Of course the Giants lost again the next day, but nobody remembers that. Barry Bonds, the best hitter of all time, never got to win a World Series. I don't think a sporting event can ever again mean as much to me as that one did, now that I'm older and I've seen some sports success in my life.

Nah, this is the greatest game in MLB history. It's hard for me to feel bad at all for SF considering their three subsequent WS wins and the fact that Bonds was on that team; he never deserved a ring. It was pretty much the Angels slaying the devil.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies