after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 10:05:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: after the Clipper collapse: time for a ten worst sports defeats thread  (Read 1120 times)
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« on: May 18, 2015, 12:25:25 AM »

The "2002" Wild Card Round, where the Giants blew a 24-point lead against the 49ers and then got screwed by the refs in the final moments, was the worst loss I've ever witnessed.  I still get the dry heaves thinking about it.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 09:05:00 AM »

The "2002" Wild Card Round, where the Giants blew a 24-point lead against the 49ers and then got screwed by the refs in the final moments, was the worst loss I've ever witnessed.  I still get the dry heaves thinking about it.

two SB titles (won with ridiculously inferior teams, btw) can't wipe that taste from out of your mouth?  how about the Eagles Miracle at the Meadowlands pt 2 in 2010?

What?  That doesn't follow.  Just because you've reached the peak doesn't mean you've forgotten the valleys.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 11:01:28 AM »

2. Objectively, Super Bowl 42 from Feb. 3, 2008 deserves mention, even if you are no Pats fan. They had a chance to go 19-0 and win a championship, but lost to the inconsistent NY Giants, 17-14 in the S.B.

That's not "worst defeat", that's "greatest victory."  Let's get our words right here.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies