Hannity segment perfectly sums up why GOP is doomed
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:29:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Hannity segment perfectly sums up why GOP is doomed
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Hannity segment perfectly sums up why GOP is doomed  (Read 1646 times)
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 18, 2015, 01:00:15 AM »

https://youtu.be/xLc4UNt5zIg

just one little snowflake of the Clinton avalanche
CountryClassSF

« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2015, 01:38:56 AM »

Seriously curious, and uncombatively, I ask... why do you consider yourself a Republican?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2015, 02:00:21 AM »

That was shocking, but somehow not at all surprising (if that makes any sense). And Hannity loves what McGinnes was saying.
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2015, 02:00:51 AM »

Who is that guy?
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:29 AM »

Wow! Alan Colmes got some nice tits.
Free Bird
TheHawk
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.84, S: -5.48

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 02:06:06 AM »

What does A have to do with B here?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2015, 02:07:40 AM »

He should go to the guillotine for his beard ALONE.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2015, 06:02:09 AM »

I thought it was funny since I never expected someone to say all that on any kind of show that has an audience greater than 100.

I am not sure whether women in general would be happier saying home, I am sure some would but financially are unable to. I imagine plenty of women are happy working and wouldn't want to give it up to stay home though. I think it would be good if more parents stayed at home in general, although I don't necessarily think it has to be women. But he was a flat out idiot in saying that women are less ambitious or that they choose to get paid less.

I wish shows like this would be more honest conversations rather than just empty b.s.
If Hannity thought the thing about Clinton paying less to females was correct then he should have asked the guest why she thought the statement was wrong. I don't know whether it is true or not, but I think it is dumb to say X person pays women less in general unless they are actually being paid less for the exact same position. It is entirely possible the women on Clinton's team just happen to have lower level positions.

Anyway, it does indeed do a disservice to give people like the male guest air time though. It gives people a bad impression and turns off someone who may otherwise be receptive to certain ideas.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2015, 07:20:55 AM »

Seriously curious, and uncombatively, I ask... why do you consider yourself a Republican?

I refuse to continue answering that question, as I have used up all my eloquence on it. Just accept it.

What does A have to do with B here?

A is that Hillary agenda-sets on women's issues and B is that the right is helpless not to respond with an authoritarian declaration of what makes women happy and how irrational women are when they vote. D+1 every time.
bobloblaw
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2015, 09:28:55 AM »

That question can be asked of nearly all in the GOP Establishment.

There wont be a Clinton avalanche. At best she'll repeat Obama's 51.1%. I think she could do worse with the Asian and white vote than Obama did given she plans to make Affirmative Action a center piece to her campaign. I also think the Dems will go too far the other direction on the crime issue.
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2015, 12:07:08 PM »

The better question is...why does anyone still consider themselves Republican?
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2015, 12:13:56 PM »

1. King has stated before that the New Mexico Democratic Party is almost cartoonishly corrupt and its leadership is inept beyond it being funny.  He's also stated that he'd be more than willing to consider voting Republican at the national level if the party returned to more center-right solutions.

2. King is by no means some far-left liberal.  You didn't insinuate this, so don't feel the need to be defensive, but we need more people like King, and by "people like King" I mean voters.  There's more than enough room in a big tent party for someone like King, someone like me and someone like you.  And only big tent parties win.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2015, 12:27:10 PM »

It's a great winning strategy, Tom. "Disagree slightly with the party platform? Vote against us please!"
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 02:21:29 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2015, 02:34:18 PM by Wulfric »

I refuse to continue answering that question, as I have used up all my eloquence on it. Just accept it.

You've never given an eloquent answer. You simply say you're a swing voter who went for Bush in '04 that has since become disappointed with the party, and that your state republican party "sucks less ass" then your state democratic party, whatever that is supposed to mean. I have never seen you criticize ANY democrat or ANY democratic party policy position. You are enthusiastic about Hillary. You've never made an effort post about why you are a republican.

If you really are a republican, name 1 issue that you agree with republicans on. Name one. If you can't, then you are not a republican in any remote sense of  the word and should switch your avatar to something that is not republican. It can be independent, or libertarian, or other, it doesn't have to be democrat. But if you truly do disagree with the republicans on every issue, then you have no basis on which to call yourself a republican.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 02:24:47 PM »

Uh, Wulfric, you have no right to tell him to change his avatar, and I'm surprised you would actually type what you typed.
It's a pretty ridiculous personal attack.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2015, 02:26:23 PM »

"I hope that your viewers do not take you, sir, seriously"

FF
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2015, 02:29:46 PM »

You've never given an eloquent answer. You simply say you're a swing voter who went for Bush in '04 that has since become disappointed with the party, and that your state republican party "sucks less ass" then your state democratic party, whatever that is supposed to mean. I have never seen you criticize ANY democrat or ANY democratic party policy position. You are enthusiastic about Hillary. You've never made an effort post about why you are a republican.

If you really are a republican, name 1 issue that you agree with republicans on. Name one. If you can't, then you are not a republican in any remote sense of  and should switch your avatar to something that is not republican. It can be independent, or libertarian, or other, it doesn't have to be democrat. But if you truly do disagree with the republicans on every issue, then you have no basis on which to call yourself a republican.

I'm not going to pretend like King hasn't annoyed me once or twice, but the only reason he needs is that if he's registered that way, then that's what he is.  Zel Miller is every bit the registered Democrat that Ted Kennedy was.
Attorney General, LGC Speaker, and Former PPT Dwarven Dragon
Dwarven Dragon
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.42, S: -0.52

P P P

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2015, 02:32:40 PM »
« Edited: May 18, 2015, 02:35:49 PM by Wulfric »

Uh, Wulfric, you have no right to tell him to change his avatar, and I'm surprised you would actually type what you typed.

I used should, not must for a reason. And I'm not being unreasonable, I explained my avatar at the topic linked below:

https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=209787.0
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2015, 02:35:09 PM »

If you really are a republican, name 1 issue that you agree with republicans on. Name one. If you can't, then you are not a republican in any remote sense of  and should switch your avatar to something that is not republican. It can be independent, or libertarian, or other, it doesn't have to be democrat. But if you truly do disagree with the republicans on every issue, then you have no basis on which to call yourself a republican.
Why are you still here?
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2015, 02:47:48 PM »

lolfric
Negusa Nagast 🚀
Nagas
United States

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2015, 03:02:54 PM »

The hostile reaction from other right-wing posters (Wulfric, CCSF, etc.) against King for being center-right and reasonable is a perfect encapsulation of the modern GOP's problem writ large.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2015, 03:40:08 PM »

Is this really how the entire GOP thinks of women's roles? I mean, this guy is pretty misogynist, I think the link here is pretty weak.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2015, 03:46:29 PM »

Is this really how the entire GOP thinks of women's roles? I mean, this guy is pretty misogynist, I think the link here is pretty weak.

What I don't get from that link is, why didn't Hannity even attempt to take control of the conversation?  He let those 2 duke it out and was completely detached.  It's his freaking show and he didn't do anyone any favors with the sidetracking.
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 09:27:35 PM »

What I don't get from that link is, why didn't Hannity even attempt to take control of the conversation?  He let those 2 duke it out and was completely detached.  It's his freaking show and he didn't do anyone any favors with the sidetracking.

The answer is that Hannity is to some extent an entertainer interested in his own ratings, and quite frankly, Hannity sells better than sanity.

Let's face it, his show is more for those who want to pass the popcorn than it is a rigorous political debate. That segment was particularly horrifying though.

The tidbit about Hillary paying her female staffers less was a good bit of political mudslinging to match the "women earn 77 cents on the dollar that men earn" line. Of course neither is actually true. But such is politics.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies