Is Atlas a right wing forum?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:24:02 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Is Atlas a right wing forum?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Is Atlas a right wing forum?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 89

Author Topic: Is Atlas a right wing forum?  (Read 2169 times)
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: 2.61

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2015, 10:05:32 PM »

There are more liberal Christians than conservative Christians here.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2015, 10:30:29 PM »

I would classify this place as hard-Christian right, considering criticism of religion is verboten. 

Huh?
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2015, 11:01:29 PM »

No, of course not. Atlas is one of the few sites on the internet where communists/far leftists actually have a non negligible presence (excluding communist-centric sites, of course.)

Also, there's barely any staunch right wingers, particularly in comparison to the general population.
Dazey
Rookie
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 01:12:30 AM »

This site is littered and full of Libertarians, a few Commies, and a tiny segment of Democrats. It's  far right forum.
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 01:24:12 AM »

Left and right tend to be relative. A lot of people lean so far to the extreme one way or another that a moderate position seems extreme and crazy to them. The only way you could consider this place right wing is if you are super extreme left. This place is not right wing at all. But really it isnt far left either. I would say it averages out to left of center. There are some far right and far left posters, but the general feel is more center left. Luckily the crazy seems to be the fringe and not the norm here, be it right or left crazy.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 03:47:21 AM »

Oh an unrelated note, I've managed to upload the group photo from the last Atlas Forum meet-up. Looking fine, folks.

dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 06:24:30 AM »

This site is littered and full of Libertarians, a few Commies, and a tiny segment of Democrats. It's  far right forum.
We've figured out this part of your schtick, it's time to fill it out a bit bro.  How do you feel about GMOs, neocons, Jews and fluoride?  Suburbs and Grindr?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 06:55:04 AM »

Oh an unrelated note, I've managed to upload the group photo from the last Atlas Forum meet-up. Looking fine, folks.

To me, it rather looks like a 2015 meet-up of White Southern Democrats.

Oldiesfreak, is that you?
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 10:33:39 AM »

If Southern Democrats are using race baiting to win elections, they certainly aren't doing a very good job of it.
All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 11:05:20 AM »

If Southern Democrats are using race baiting to win elections, they certainly aren't doing a very good job of it.

Southern Republicans, on the other hand....
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 11:40:54 AM »

I would classify this place as hard-Christian right, considering criticism of religion is verboten.  

There are very few fundamentalist Christians on here (though a surprising # of Mormons), and the R&S section is not representative of Atlas as a whole.  

I know you're being facetious, but there are so few Biblical literalists here that compared to the US at-large, this is Heretic Country.

How many conservative Christians are there on the forum? I count me (Presbyterian), TJ & Cassius (Catholic), JCL (Pentecostal), Bushie (Baptist), & Oldies (Adventist). Am I missing anyone?
Dazey
Rookie
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2015, 12:56:40 PM »

We've figured out this part of your schtick, it's time to fill it out a bit bro.  How do you feel about GMOs, neocons, Jews and fluoride?  Suburbs and Grindr?

GMOs??
Neocons are far too eager to send ground troops into any given situation. They have a war boner like there's no tomorrow. Not a fan; I believe we should handle things diplomatically if we can, and if we have to wage war, do it intelligently - bombs, drones etc. I don't support the idea of 'boots on the ground' unless there's a compelling reason to do so. Also I think their brand of 'compassionate conservatism' is little more than Clinton conservatism with a Reagan twist.

Jews? I like Jews. I do feel ultimately there should be a two state solution in the Middle East, but I also feel we really shouldn't have gotten involved in the first place. But now that we've been involved for decades we have to see it through to the finish.

Fluoride is good for teeth -shrug-

I don't like suburbs. I much prefer city life.

Grindr is a gay dating app. I have no opinion of it one way or the other.
SNJ1985
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.19, S: 7.57

« Reply #37 on: May 23, 2015, 01:24:51 PM »

How many conservative Christians are there on the forum? I count me (Presbyterian), TJ & Cassius (Catholic), JCL (Pentecostal), Bushie (Baptist), & Oldies (Adventist). Am I missing anyone?

You can add me to the list.

I was baptized Methodist, but right now, I don't identify with any particular denomination. If I had to pick one, I would say that the Baptist denomination is the one I fit in best.

From October 2013 until December 2014, I had been attending the Methodist church I was baptized in. I stopped going after I found out about the United Methodist Church's membership in the ''Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice''.

I am not attending any church at the moment, which I hope to change in the future. I would like to attend an Independent Fundamental Baptist church. There is one fairly close to where I live.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies