Cruz: Why is the left obsessed with sex?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:08:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Cruz: Why is the left obsessed with sex?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Cruz: Why is the left obsessed with sex?  (Read 2613 times)
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 20, 2015, 03:22:41 PM »

https://www.texastribune.org/2015/05/19/cruz-visits-beaumont-defends-gay-marriage-oppositi/

"Is there something about the left — and I am going to put the media in this category — that is obsessed with sex?” Cruz asked after fielding multiple questions on gay rights. “ISIS is executing homosexuals — you want to talk about gay rights? This week was a very bad week for gay rights because the expansion of ISIS, the expansion of radical, theocratic, Islamic zealots that crucify Christians, that behead children and that murder homosexuals — that ought to be concerning you far more than asking six questions all on the same topic.”

Cruz also said he did not think his opposition to gay marriage will hurt his chances with moderate voters.

“With respect, I would suggest not drawing your questions from MSNBC. They have very few viewers and they are a radical and extreme partisan outlet,” Cruz told a reporter. He cited the expansion of “mandatory same-sex marriage” as an assault on religious liberty in the United States.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 03:25:26 PM »

What winning argument.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2015, 03:27:09 PM »

I hope he ends up agenda setting a debate to turn out like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4kwk5jV2nU
CountryClassSF

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2015, 04:51:55 PM »

This is a good question.  The left is constantly talking about abortion and the homosexual issue , birth control, and what have you.  Actually, not necessarily just the left, but the media cohorts.

Cruz discussing  the real threat to gay rights in the middle east. Good on him.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »

Are we sure this was Ted Cruz that said this? Are we sure this didn't come from a Breitbart comments section? Tongue

[SARCASM]

But, as always, Ted is sticking it to those filthy liberals (eww) who are always whining about being forced to give birth against their will, and not being able to marry who they love. What weirdos. We should immediately put all liberals (eww) on the s** (keeping it G-rated) offender registry. I can't believe this type of thing is tolerated in AMERICA. We are a Christian nation!!

And those liberals (eww) expect to not have their employers bully them around and control what healthcare they get access to? Gaah! Obviously, this ongoing whining about s** is because those liberals (eww) are weirdo s** freaks! Gaah!

[/SARCASM]

But seriously, using this kind of argument is skirting the issue. It's the kind of argument you'd see in a YouTube comments section.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2015, 05:03:43 PM »

Ted Cruz is right. He is not as bad as ISIS. Maybe that can be his slogan.
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2015, 05:13:09 PM »

Surprising spat of inarticulateness from Cruz. I think he meant obsessed with SSM. Actually I read somewhere, that more conservative men are more sexually aggressive than liberal ones, and get more action. Anyway, I plead guilty to being obsessed by sex, so think about that one Cruz. Thank you.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2015, 05:40:39 PM »

Torie, why is your avatar red?
Rockefeller GOP
United States

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2015, 05:44:45 PM »

Some strange avatar switching of late ... I crown it as lame.
RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2015, 09:51:44 PM »

I'll likely take heat from both the right and the left on this comment, but it bothers me how articulate and "well-reasoned" (on paper) people like Santorum and Cruz (not so much Huckabee, LOL) can be when defending their ridiculous positions.
CountryClassSF

« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2015, 09:53:15 PM »

I'll likely take heat from both the right and the left on this comment, but it bothers me how articulate and "well-reasoned" (on paper) people like Santorum and Cruz (not so much Huckabee, LOL) can be when defending their ridiculous positions.

The same positions Obama and Hillary held less than 3 years ago -- yet they were not chastised by the leftist gay activist like the Republicans are.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2015, 11:06:03 PM »

Journalists are obsessed with sex, and lean socially liberal so approach it in those terms.  You can run over the rights of immigrants and throw people off welfare without much attention paid, but oppose free birth control and you are in for a whacking.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2015, 11:09:18 PM »

Senator Cruz, your Party is the one still pushing a ban on abortion, still pushing a ban of Same Sex marriage...and you have the gall to tell us Democrats that WE are the ones obsessed with sex? That's just ridiculous!

Your Party is home to the sex-obsessed...maybe some of that experimental Sex Therapy is in order.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2015, 11:50:52 PM »

Senator Cruz, your Party is the one still pushing a ban on abortion, still pushing a ban of Same Sex marriage...and you have the gall to tell us Democrats that WE are the ones obsessed with sex? That's just ridiculous!

Your Party is home to the sex-obsessed...maybe some of that experimental Sex Therapy is in order.
Don't forget sodomy laws!

HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2015, 02:03:02 AM »

One would think that the Republicans are the ones obsessed with sex with all of their "religious freedom" bills meant to stick it to the gays (pardon the pun) because it's "icky" what they do in their bedrooms, as well as all of the anti-choice legislation they've been passing at the state level because they want to be the ones who make medical decisions involving a woman's reproductive organs. Cruz, like most Republicans, is a contradictory hypocrite. Perhaps the right is just obsessed with sex because they never get any (except for the so-called "family values" Republicans who cheat on their wives while constantly preaching about the "sanctity" of marriage to everyone else) and so they have to hate on those who do. Cruz and Republicans like him are tone deaf: they just continue to shoot themselves in the foot by talking about these cultural issues that they've clearly lost, but when your base is as narrow and bigoted as theirs is, I guess it's all they have. Please proceed though, Senator Cruz.
Slander and/or Libel
Figs

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.83

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 07:10:24 AM »

No one thinks about gay sex more than religious conservatives.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2015, 07:40:30 AM »

Having no homosexual tendency and no fear of it I think of homosexuality only when homophobia threatens me personally (I have been threatened with gay-bashing) or when loud opposition to gay rights becomes a mockery of human rights and rational thought.
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2015, 10:43:07 AM »

Don't forget sodomy laws!

--snip---

That is just about the ugliest map I've ever seen.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 02:03:46 PM »

It's because it's depressingly easy to misuse "natural law" on this issue if you don't think about it deeply.  It's not new either.  In Imperial China for example, 3rd parties could sue to force an infertile heterosexual couple to divorce. 
Samantha
totheleft
Rookie

Political Matrix
E: -9.10, S: -4.43

« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2015, 02:32:06 PM »

In what universe is the person who wants marriage equality for LGBT people the obsessed lunatic and not the social conservative who is worried that marriage equality may unleash the wrath of God on America...or whatever judeo-Christian BS du jour Ted Cruz believes to be truth?
136or142
Adam T
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2015, 03:32:19 PM »

Better question:

Why is the right obsessed with saying stupid things?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2015, 04:51:53 PM »

I don't know, maybe we could ask Mark Foley, Ted Haggard or Larry Craig.
Holmes
Atlas Icon
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -5.74

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2015, 05:42:29 PM »

This is a good question.  The left is constantly talking about abortion and the homosexual issue , birth control, and what have you.  Actually, not necessarily just the left, but the media cohorts.

Cruz discussing  the real threat to gay rights in the middle east. Good on him.

You can't use the suffering and oppression of one minority group somewhere in the world to dismiss their struggle in another part of the world. That just makes you a piece of sh**t and makes it clear you care about neither party.
fenrir
Rookie
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -8.35

« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2015, 05:55:24 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2015, 05:57:03 PM by fenrir »

The same positions Obama and Hillary held less than 3 years ago -- yet they were not chastised by the leftist gay activist like the Republicans are.

Stay pressed, qurl.

Everyone knew they were pandering to the right-middle then and not being sincere. Ask anyone at UChicago, for instance, whether Obama had gay friends to whom he was privately promising marriage rights when elected. Regardless, this insincerity is why diehard leftists vote Green instead of Obama or Clinton.

I'm also surprised you think Obama legitimately held that platform, instead of accusing him of being a snake-in-the-grass, untrustowrthy "lib" who masterminded a totally fake "evolution" that paralleled the rest of the country's a little too neatly. While we're at it, I could do with some more Benghazi and #teleprompter.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2015, 10:02:36 PM »

The left isn't obsessed with sex, we just want people to be allowed to express their sexuality freely and without constraint. The right is the side pushing to be more involved in people's sexual lives in order to restrain people from (given sexual act).
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies