Was Ronald Reagan a good President? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:04:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Was Ronald Reagan a good President? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Was Ronald Reagan a good President?
Yes (D)

Yes (R)

Yes (I)

No (D)

No (R)

No (I)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 63

Author Topic: Was Ronald Reagan a good President?  (Read 625 times)
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« on: May 20, 2015, 11:36:31 PM »

Aid to Khmer Rouge, aid to the Contra's, aid to South Africa (though eventually forced to cut ties), aid to Suharto, aid to the FMLN, illegal invasion of Grenada, illegal bombing of Libya, etc, etc. The Reagan Doctrine is a collection of skeletons.

Unfortunately, there is little to admire about his fiscal agenda either. Reagan's policy was one of deliberately reducing the standard of living of Americans; deindustrializing the nation and shifted skilled workers to burger-flipping jobs, and brutal cuts to services. Meanwhile, his "Future Tradings Act" led to the hyper-speculation of "derivatives," making the situation even more chaotic.  His "just say no" was a pathetic failure, and his supporters seeming forget his presidency marked what remains the highest homicide rate in American history.

This sums it up better than I ever could though:

http://www.highstrangeness.tv/articles/reagan.php
Sumner 1868
tara gilesbie
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 04:02:26 PM »

Yes, he was, and grouping him with Fillmore, Pierce, and Buchanan is insulting to the history of the country.

True, for those people weren't involved in "secret government" schemes like Reagan; although to his credit, Reagan never advocated reviving slavery.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies