Why is SSM such a big deal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:36:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is SSM such a big deal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is SSM such a big deal?  (Read 17181 times)
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: May 21, 2015, 10:10:31 AM »

Don't misconstrue me, I'm totally for it. I just don't get why it is such a hot button issue, and why its proponents are still so passionate even if it is basically a settled issue.

It's a war against people's way of life, even though the things that two private citizens do in their private lives have absolutely no impact on said complete stranger who is opposed to gay marriage
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 10:51:27 AM »

.... Yeah, so like I said. It's not just about "achieving equality" They now want to make sure those in dissent are marginalized and harrassed. They've gutted the 1st amendment.

The 1st Amendment was not created to shield your sh**tty views from criticism, as you seem to believe.

1. People don't understand the law or civil rights. Gay people can get married in all 50 states.

You can take your "but gay people can still get married to the opposite sex!" argument right back to the trash can where it belongs. Thanks.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies