Why is SSM such a big deal? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:35:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Why is SSM such a big deal? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why is SSM such a big deal?  (Read 17167 times)
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 21, 2015, 01:47:06 PM »

Guys

Guys

GUYS

How hard is it to not respond to CountryClassSF? Use the ignore button for christsake.

Are AggregateDemand and CountryClassSF just ranting ridiculous bigotry and pseudo-intellectuallizations to themselves and everyone who's responding to them? I can't see half the thread since I have both of them on ignore.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:39:13 PM »

Then be a compassionate human being and start acting like it. Because I sense nothing but hate from you.

The idea that it is somehow ''hateful'' or ''un-Christlike'' to condemn sins such as homosexuality flies in the face of what is written in the Bible. That idea is grounded in the modern, secularized world's flawed understanding of what love and compassion actually are; as opposed to the Bible's understanding of what those terms mean.

The Bible defines love and hatred much differently from the modern world. Coddling people in their sins (and thus encouraging them to continue down a path that will lead them to Hell) is not considered loving or compassionate at all. Warning them about their sins (an act that you and many others apparently consider ''hateful'' and ''bigoted'') most definitely is, however. The Bible, in fact, calls upon us to do just that:

''Thou shalt not hate thy brother in thine heart: thou shalt in any wise rebuke thy neighbour, and not suffer sin upon him.'' - Leviticus 19:17

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%20Corner/offend_them.htm

Jesus considered it loving and compassionate to condemn sin - which He did on a regular basis. What we (conservative/fundamentalist Christians) are doing by condemning homosexuality and other forms of sin is, in fact, an act of kindness. You might not perceive it that way personally, but that is simply because you are basing your definition of kindness on modern, secular ''morality'' as opposed to Biblical morality. If I somehow knew you were in danger of being hit by a bus and I failed to warn you, it would be quite unkind of me. Similarly, it would be unkind of us NOT to warn homosexuals (or any other types of sinners, for that matter) against their sin.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Believer%27s%20Corner/tough_love_jesus.htm

Finally, this article addresses the (false) notion that Jesus must have been OK with homosexuality since He never spoke about it specifically:

http://www.gotquestions.org/Jesus-homosexuality.html

Uh, you may not want to use those first two sources, as David J Stewart happens to be a maniac in entirely different ways. I mean, he's a complete lunatic.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2015, 12:31:02 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Because it is less overt. There are no straight pride parades. There is no in your face activity, whether you like it or not. If there were, I'd say the very same thing.

There doesn't need to be straight pride parades, because it's treated as the default.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies