7th Session: Transitional matters
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  7th Session: Transitional matters
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 7th Session: Transitional matters  (Read 2392 times)
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 06, 2005, 12:21:26 AM »

By Law, we are required to have a vote on the PPT.

I will therefore accept declarations of candidacy for the post up until Saturday/Sunday at midnight EST. If there is only one candidate, I won't bother with a vote and the candidate will be declared elected without contest.

All legislation on the floor will expire: All thats left is the Nuclear Restriction Bill.

The ANWAR thing is presently transmitted to the President and therefore unaffected by the session expiring.

I consider that all the stuff in the thread with a sitting Senator to sponsor it remains in the queue. If MAS wants the Nuclear Restriction Bill reintroduced in its revised form, I'll accept that and do so. I'll also allow for the amendments presented by Sam to come to a vote soon into the session if he still wishes that.

After that, the following will be formally opened:

Right to Bear Arms Amendment
The New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill - This will need a new Sponsor; Anybody willing?
Repeal of Family Planning Amendments of 2004

I remember Sam's SPR being near the top, but it now seems much lower down; Would Sam like to clarify what is going on here?
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2005, 01:00:01 AM »

Peter:

I deleted the earlier posts and moved it down in the list because I had to add stuff dealing with nominations that I forgot about and didn't have enough room to fit it so I had to add another post.

Because the posts weren't together I did this and I thought it might become confusing since it is a rather large bill.  If you wish to move it to that particular spot in the list, that's fine with me.  It is in no great rush.

Second, I would like to sponsor The New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill.

Third, I would also like to announce my candidacy for PPT.
MAS117
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2005, 06:15:21 AM »

Peter, I would like to re introduce to Nuclear Restriction Act in its revised form, and officially reintroduce my Senate Resolution (so I'm on the record).
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2005, 10:45:04 AM »

Just so you know, Peter, I would as well like to reintroduce all my legislation from last session:

Right to Bear Arms Amendment
Repeal of Family Planning Amendments of 2004
Official Senate Procedural Resolution
Atlasian Registration System Reform Bill
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2005, 11:07:28 AM »

Will the Supersoulty's unwed mothers bill still be unconstitutional under the new constitution?  I've looked it over and I can't see why it would
jokerman
Cosmo Kramer
Junior Chimp
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2005, 11:25:13 AM »

Peter:

I deleted the earlier posts and moved it down in the list because I had to add stuff dealing with nominations that I forgot about and didn't have enough room to fit it so I had to add another post.

Because the posts weren't together I did this and I thought it might become confusing since it is a rather large bill.  If you wish to move it to that particular spot in the list, that's fine with me.  It is in no great rush.

Second, I would like to sponsor The New Mexico - Montana Regional Bill.

Third, I would also like to announce my candidacy for PPT.
I'll support Sam for PPT
Peter
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -7.48

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2005, 12:23:49 PM »

Will the Supersoulty's unwed mothers bill still be unconstitutional under the new constitution?  I've looked it over and I can't see why it would

Given that Senate powers weren't expanded on policy issues remotely close to this, I don't see why this would be the case. Ultimately its up to the Supreme Court and not me however.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2005, 12:28:05 PM »

Given that Senate powers weren't expanded on policy issues remotely close to this, I don't see why this would be the case. Ultimately its up to the Supreme Court and not me however.

Given that the Supreme Court has changed very little in terms of representation, and it is still populated by "originalists" in terms of Constitutional design, I see no reason why their ruling wouldn't change, since the language of the Powers of the Senate has not changed either.

Original ruling:
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=16769.msg365259#msg365259
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2005, 01:24:36 PM »

I'll run for re-election as PPT.
MasterJedi
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »

I'll support your run for PPT.
Sam Spade
SamSpade
Atlas Star

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2005, 03:09:46 PM »

You've done a excellent job as PPT and I'll probably support you as well; I just didn't want any more unopposed elections.  Wink
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2005, 04:55:54 PM »

I support Gabu for PPT, PTP, TPP, PTT, PTPP, and PTTTP
12th Doctor
supersoulty
Atlas Star
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2005, 04:58:13 PM »

I support Gabu.  Good job so far, friend.
King
intermoderate
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2005, 05:00:00 PM »

Jedi's Regions Amendment will be introduced under my sponsorship as I believe it deserves some consideration and he doesn't want it anymore.
Gabu
Atlas Star
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -4.32, S: -6.52

« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »

You've done a excellent job as PPT and I'll probably support you as well; I just didn't want any more unopposed elections.  Wink

By all means; I'm happy to be opposed, really.  I was let down when DanielX jumped ship, as, while I could obviously see why he did it, I consider unopposed races to be in direct conflict with the spirit of democracy.  You should never have to settle for the guy currently in power purely because there was nobody else to choose from.
Colin
ColinW
Atlas Icon
Papua New Guinea

Political Matrix
E: 3.87, S: -6.09

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2005, 03:22:51 PM »

If I can still reintroduce legislation I would like to re-introduce the Federal Activity Requirements Statute.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies