First Annual World Series of Electoral Knowledge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:58:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  First Annual World Series of Electoral Knowledge
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: First Annual World Series of Electoral Knowledge  (Read 1351 times)
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2015, 05:39:32 PM »
« edited: May 27, 2015, 11:32:02 AM by America's New Day »

Based off of a competition that Mr. Moderate did a few years ago but never finished and based off of the "World Series of Pop Culture" on VH1.

FIRST ANNUAL WORLD SERIES OF ELECTORAL KNOWLEDGE RULES
( 1 ) Length of play.  Gameplay will consist of eight rounds in total, with the maximum length of each round being one week.  Gameplay may be moved along at a faster pace if all contestants finish a round before the one week deadline.
( 2 ) Start of play.  Gameplay will begin on May 27.
( 3 ) Rounds 1 through 3.
( 3 ) ( a ) Each of the first three rounds will have their own unifying subject, i.e., "Governors," "The Election of 1976," "Races Myrth York Lost," etc.
( 3 ) ( b ) Each of these rounds will have five questions, with point values of 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500.  Easier questions will be assigned lower point values; harder (more obscure?) questions will be assigned higher point values.
( 3 ) ( c ) During each round, each contestant will contact me to choose one of the five questions to answer, knowing only the category and relative difficulty of each question.  The question will be given in real time (via instant messenger?) and the contestant will have 15 seconds to respond with an answer.  If the answer is correct, the point value of the question will be added to their score.  If they answer incorrectly, the point value of the question will be deducted from their score.  If they choose not to answer or "pass," no points will be deducted from their score.
( 3 ) ( d ) The contestant will then choose two more questions in the same category, with play continuing as in (c).
( 4 ) Round 4.
( 4 ) ( a ) In Round 4, Contestants will be given a choice between two categories, each with a single question.  This question will have at least five correct answers. [i.e., "There were at least 16 candidates who sought the Presidency of the United States in 2004 by making it on to at least one statewide ballot.  Name them."]
( 4 ) ( b ) Contestants will then have to name at least one correct answer every 15 seconds.  Correct answers will be worth 200 points each; no points will be deducted for an incorrect answer, but the first one given will end the round for that contestant.
( 5 ) Rounds 5 through 7.  Rounds five through seven will proceed just as rounds one through three, but the point values of each question will be increased to 200, 400, 600, 800, and 1000, respectively.
( 6 ) Round 8.  Round 8 will proceed as Round 4.  This time, however, the question will have at least 10 correct answers; each correct answer will be worth 500 points.
( 7 ) Bonus Points.  In any round, if a correct answer is given by only one player, the point value for that particular answer will be doubled.  (These points will be awarded regardless of how many players attempted said question.)
( 8 ) Tiebreaker.  If necessary, a ninth round, similar to the eighth, will be played between any players tied after the final week of play.
( 9 ) Intermission.  Questions, their correct answers, and a running score tally will be given here at the conclusion of each round.
( 10 ) Late entry.  Contestants can join in the game at any time during its run, but no credit will be given for missed weeks.  Similarly, contestants can continue play after missing a round of questions, but no credit nor make-up questions will be given.
( 11 ) Cheating.   Though the game has been designed to eliminate the value of cheating as much as possible, contestants agree that they will not use outside sources—Google, the Election Atlas, other contestants, etc.—to research the answers to a given question.  Any contestant found to be cheating will be eliminated from gameplay.
( 12 ) Contestant requirements.  For my own sanity, no one who has been banned from the Election Atlas Forum shall be allowed to participate.
( 13 ) Pity Clause.  Because negative numbers all look sad and pathetic and stuff, all contestants will be given 1,000 points to start.  

Contestants
Turkisblau
Mikado
X
Lumine
DKrol
Harry Hayfield
NeverAgain
Jahnson

Round 1 Topic: One And Out
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 07:33:01 PM »

I'm in!
The Mikado
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:34:14 PM »

Count me in.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:38:40 PM »

Sure, why not?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 07:43:42 PM »

I'll play!
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 07:51:55 PM »

Me as well.
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2015, 10:14:32 AM »

Not entirely sure what this relates to but why not?
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 05:44:26 PM »

Count me in!
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2015, 01:20:20 PM »

Round One of the FIRST ANNUAL WORLD SERIES OF ELECTORAL KNOWLEDGETM starts Thurdsay, May 28 at 12:00AM EDT, and ends on Wednesday, June 3 at 11:59PM EDT.

The category for Round One is.........."One and Out.."  Point values are 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500.  Each contestant will attempt three of these five questions.

With applicable bonuses, the (theoretical) maximum point value of this round is 2,400.

To participate, please contact me via PM to set up a time on my irc server or other messaging software.
Harry Hayfield
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -2.58, S: 0.35

P P
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2015, 04:44:10 AM »

Round One of the FIRST ANNUAL WORLD SERIES OF ELECTORAL KNOWLEDGETM starts Thurdsay, May 28 at 12:00AM EDT, and ends on Wednesday, June 3 at 11:59PM EDT.

The category for Round One is.........."One and Out.."  Point values are 100, 200, 300, 400, and 500.  Each contestant will attempt three of these five questions.

With applicable bonuses, the (theoretical) maximum point value of this round is 2,400.

To participate, please contact me via PM to set up a time on my irc server or other messaging software.

Ah, so that's where I went wrong. My apologies, I have had to change my YAHOO Messenger name thanks to YAHOO playing silly devils. In that case, would it be possible to have a natter on Sunday May 31st at 1700 EDT using the ID "WelshLiberal"?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies