Deeply Disturbing
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:41:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Deeply Disturbing
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Deeply Disturbing  (Read 1485 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 21, 2015, 09:27:49 PM »

I’m usually not the one that raises these kinds of issues, but I do feel I should speak up on this occasion. Today a good friend of mine raised some serious concerns to me over an IRC conversation held with Senator Windjammer regarding his extremely recent registration in the Mideast (mere minutes after), a conversation which is at the very least deeply disturbing in light of the developments on the past months, and I strongly believe the people of the Mideast deserve to see this.

With X’s permission and with the advice of other senior Atlasians I will post the full conversation:

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Strategic registration is common in Atlasia and it’s not necessary to pretend most of us haven't engaged in at some point. But this conversation in particular not only shows a disregard for the voters of the region and is quite disrespectful to my friend in question; it shows an attitude which others and I believe goes way too far into hysteria and paranoia.

It’s not the first time something like this arises, as we have seen several claims from the Senator regarding supposed plots against him or the Labor Party, combined with serious allegations against other politicians (like Bacon King, or myself) and efforts to undermine certain situations, and most of them these are not questioned as strongly as they could be, and should be. I find this a bit obsessive, and I find it sad as well. This is a game, it has always been and it will always be a game, and it’s not a thing to control at pleasure and will, its players are not to be treated as simple chess pieces.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 09:50:20 PM »

Very insightful. Best of luck in resolving the conflict.

Sad
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:32 PM »

>complains about "dirty tactics"
>leaks messages to influence race in his favor against someone not even involved in it

#WelcometoAtlasia
#HeirOfTmth

That thing anyone in a major party (including his own) does every time X tries to posture himself in one way or another to earn favor among all factions, obtain information to leak to others, or otherwise act as if he's in a position to negotiate anything on behalf of anyone
Blair
Blair2015
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2015, 12:43:47 AM »

I'm sure Lumine is leaking this chat out of his deep seated concern for the people of the Mideast.
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2015, 02:47:51 AM »

Oh dear ...
ZuWo
YaBB God
Switzerland

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2015, 02:50:10 AM »

Oh dear ...
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2015, 03:40:19 AM »

Oh dear ...
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 04:57:12 AM »

Both windjammer and Lumine are my friends so I won't say anything.

#ModerateHero
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 05:48:25 AM »

inb4 people think this will cause the Mideast race to be competitive
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2015, 05:50:20 AM »
« Edited: May 23, 2015, 04:54:34 AM by Mideast Senator and Senate speaker windjammer »

Oh, it appears that people finally realize that in order to win my campaigns, I have recruited people in the Mideast... Woooow, congratulations.

I never understood the backlash about that. This is a part of the game. In order to win a campaign you have to:
-convincing the maximum of people from the other side to vote for you
-boosting the turnout of your party/allies.

Yes, this is mathematical, if the right for instance is at +3 in a region. You have: to convince 2 rightwingers to vote for you (so it becomes +1) or recruit 3 people in the region (so it becomes +0).

I don't understand the backlash with X, I reread the chatlogs:
- I didn't insult him nor blackmail him or whatever.
-The only thing I said was that considering that he moved here and that he will likely vote for you (because he constantly ends up voting for the wrong choice).
-Theorically, the person who was insulted was me.
For people who don't know, Wolfentoad was a 12 years old who accused people of being rapists by PM, who was the definition of a psychopath.
Of course I don't care about the fact he believes that. I will always prefer being deeply hated by half of the people and being deeply beloved by the other part of the game rather than being deeply hated by everyone haha.

So, I don't understand why this private chatlog has been published. Oh yes, I know! This is an attempt of Lumine trying to paint him as the good guy.

So let's clarify, I'm not going to be lectured by Lumine or by Zuwo.

Firstly Lumine: You moved to the Pacific because Simfan was at the time recruiting rightwingers in order to make the Pacific more rightwing friendly:  Strategic move
And then, you moved to the Mideast again because your friend Tmthforu asked you to do so, wanting to solidify his base in the Mideast: Strategic move

And most importantly, I have IRC chatlogs, please every people, time to start the show:
       -If people didn't know, Lumine and Zuwo strongly partyGOVT against me last time. That's fine that's their right.

- They as well strongly campaigned against me when the voting booth opened: I lost one voter (ModerateVAVoter) because he got 10 PMs by different people and he was scared of that. (but yes, Lumine, this is just a game haha).

- And finally, their campaign against me was based on a massive registration campaign. 3 rightwingers suddenly moved to the ME the 2 last days before the deadline:

So yes, I find that funny you're reproaching me "partisan registration", because the campaign you made against me in order to make elected Spiral was literally BASED on partisan registration (Trying to move 10 people in the ME haha). And yes, SPC is a rightwinger who for strange reasons wanted to join the Labor Party.

MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2015, 07:47:35 AM »

I've been engaged in a very active partisan recruitment to the Midwest, but I don't do it anymore.

#ModerateHero2
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2015, 12:12:05 PM »

Windjammer, you do realize that partisan registration is not the main point here, right? And if so, you are aware that you keep proving my main point, right?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2015, 12:18:14 PM »

Windjammer, you do realize that partisan registration is not the main point here, right? And if so, you are aware that you keep proving my main point, right?
Which point? The fact that for every election I do maths? I don't understand the problem with that. If a rightwinger, or someone who's going to vote for a rightwinger,  moves to the Mideast, it means that the right gains an additionnal vote for the next election. I fail to understand how this is *disrespectful*. I''m just using mathematics, that doesn't mean I believe people are garbage.
I have not insulted X, nor blackmailed him or whatever. I have not insulted you either, I don't understand why it has been posted if this is not for "blabla windjammer is recruiting people".
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2015, 12:22:16 PM »

May I ask why? Tongue
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2015, 03:20:55 PM »

Isn't this common knowledge?
Türkisblau
H_Wallace
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2015, 03:26:37 PM »

IRC logs make everything much more scandalous and make those participating in the conversations seem worse than things really are.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 03:44:08 PM »

I really don't like when people posts IRC logs.
The Other Castro
Castro2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 05:47:48 PM »

TL/DR:

Windyslamajammer: Worried you won't vote for me, better try to make sure I make up for those numbers through political strategies.

Malcolminthemiddle: *cringe*

Luminauseous:
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 06:38:50 PM »

For people who don't know, Wolfentoad was a 12 years old who accused people of being rapists by PM, who was the definition of a psychopath.
Of course I don't care about the fact he believes that. I will always prefer being deeply hated by half of the people and being deeply beloved by the other part of the game rather than being deeply hated by everyone haha.

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 08:15:55 PM »

I'm not gonna get in another pissing match with you, Griffin.  Life's too short and you're just not worth the time.  Find someone else to drag down your rabbit hole.
/
darthebearnc
Junior Chimp
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 08:28:45 PM »

Stop the flame war, guys...
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2015, 01:07:11 AM »

This notion that the only reason Wolftentoad was bad was because of the outrageous slander campaign about rape fails to acknowledge the central point. The whole purpose in doing so, was to make new members stear away from one centrist party in favor of another by tarring its founder.

However it is like Watergate and Nixon. Just because it is what he got caught with his hand in the cookie jar on, doesn't mean it was his only transgression but rather a long serious of actions one would find disturbing, the root of which, was an intense desire to compete and win at all costs.

Strategic registration will always be considered a dirty word amongst most of the 2008-2010 generation because of Hamilton. It occured, but it was always something that was supressed to a large extent because god forbid if it ever got revealed, it would spell doom and that meant that it happened less often and was far less successfull. Post cottonfield, the stigmatization has been lifted and now there is virtually no price to be paid for doing it and therefore it is running rampant. IT is just part of the new Atlasia I guess.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2015, 03:19:25 AM »

I'm not gonna get in another pissing match with you, Griffin.  Life's too short and you're just not worth the time.  Find someone else to drag down your rabbit hole.

Right, so you're just going to start some s[inks]t by leaking a conversation - not because you have any genuine concern, but because you are an opportunist - and then slither back into the hole from which you came like the slimy little snake that you are. Not on my watch.

Thankfully, it doesn't take a two-way conversation to tell the people what a shifty, untrustworthy piece of gossipy little s[inks]t you are.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2015, 03:22:52 AM »

Strategic registration will always be considered a dirty word amongst most of the 2008-2010 generation because of Hamilton. It occured, but it was always something that was supressed to a large extent because god forbid if it ever got revealed, it would spell doom and that meant that it happened less often and was far less successfull. Post cottonfield, the stigmatization has been lifted and now there is virtually no price to be paid for doing it and therefore it is running rampant. IT is just part of the new Atlasia I guess.

God Bless Hamilton for presenting an idea, and God Bless Griffin for setting us all free! Cheesy

I've had a few consistent narratives since joining the game, but perhaps my most insistent has been one in which I refuse to indulge the secret behaviors of some (see: Tmth, Lumine, X, etc) when I am perfectly willing to be a public villain in the same capacity. As such, I have served a purpose as a conduit to desensitize the masses to a lot of behavior - but only in the context in which people are honest about it. The ones who continue to try to act holier-than-thou while doing the exact same stuff will always be on the other end of my barrel.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 06:49:39 AM »

my expert forensics analysis has determined that these alleged "chat logs" located in the OP (original posting) are acutally cOMPLETE FABRICATIONS falsely designed to committing of slanderous fraud

my friends this is DEEPLY DISTURBING indeed
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies