Snoop Dogg endorses Hillary Clinton
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 08:03:45 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Snoop Dogg endorses Hillary Clinton
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: With Snoop's endorsement, has your opinion of Hillary changed?
My opinion of Hillary has gone up

My opinion of Hillary has remain unchanged

My opinion of Hillary has decreased

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Snoop Dogg endorses Hillary Clinton  (Read 4045 times)
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2015, 11:58:11 AM »

Reminder that Snoop Dogg is a more successful businessman and has created more jobs than Mitt Romney or the entire 2016 Republican field combined.

Which then by default makes him a creator of more jobs than the entire Dem party

Jobs created under Clinton: Almost 23 million
Jobs created under Obama: About 7.3 million (even though he entered in the depths of a Republican recession)

Jobs created under Dubya: About 1.25 million

Reagan created more jobs in 1983-84 than Obama has since the recession ended in 2009.
Clinton, well he acted like a Republican. Cut capital gains taxes, passed free trade, cut welfare, deregulated banking and reduced federal spending from 23% of GDP in 1993 to 18% in 2000, the lowest since 1965. Thanks for admitting conservatism works

I'm not going to argue about that with you.  Suffice to say, that's so simplistic as to be a joke. 

It's just not true that Democrats don't create jobs though.  That's my only point.
bobloblaw
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2015, 12:04:02 PM »

Reminder that Snoop Dogg is a more successful businessman and has created more jobs than Mitt Romney or the entire 2016 Republican field combined.

Which then by default makes him a creator of more jobs than the entire Dem party

Jobs created under Obama: About 7.3 million (even though he entered in the depths of a Republican recession)

Reagan created more jobs in 1983-84 than Obama has since the recession ended in 2009.
Clinton, well he acted like a Republican. Cut capital gains taxes, passed free trade, cut welfare, deregulated banking and reduced federal spending from 23% of GDP in 1993 to 18% in 2000, the lowest since 1965. Thanks for admitting conservatism works

I'm not going to argue about that with you.  Suffice to say, that's so simplistic as to be a joke. 

It's just not true that Democrats don't create jobs though.  That's my only point.

Clinton's economic record is simplistic?

I think you lost the argument so resort to calling me simplistic. Sad and pathetic
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2015, 12:15:36 PM »

I think you lost the argument so resort to calling me simplistic. Sad and pathetic

Bill Clinton also raised taxes and decreased military spending. 
bobloblaw
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2015, 01:16:03 PM »

He raised taxes less than Bush did in 1990 and military spending is still government spending. Every dollar spent on defense is a dollar not spent in the private sector.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2015, 03:23:44 PM »

He raised taxes less than Bush did in 1990 and military spending is still government spending. Every dollar spent on defense is a dollar not spent in the private sector.

Do you think Clinton governed more like a Republican than GWB? In terms of economic policy, I mean.
bobloblaw
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2015, 04:13:55 PM »

Do you think Clinton governed more like a Republican than GWB? In terms of economic policy, I mean.

YUP. As far as spending goes.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 23, 2015, 05:17:34 PM »

No, not regarding spending I mean. Just regarding economic doctrine as a whole. Like regarding taxes, regulations, government programs, etc. Spending is a part of that, but the fact is that on economic policy as a whole, encompassing all of that, Clinton was to the left of Bush, and to the left of center.

My point is, anything Clinton was moderate on, Bush was far to the right of him, and he only created 1.25 mil. jobs. Whereas Clinton created 23 million. Even Obama created 7.3 million. When I hear numbers like that, I think "Huh, seems like Democrats are right."
Mr. Illini
liberty142
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -3.30

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2015, 05:40:14 PM »

Endorsed
bobloblaw
« Reply #33 on: May 23, 2015, 06:43:06 PM »

No, not regarding spending I mean. Just regarding economic doctrine as a whole. Like regarding taxes, regulations, government programs, etc. Spending is a part of that, but the fact is that on economic policy as a whole, encompassing all of that, Clinton was to the left of Bush, and to the left of center.

My point is, anything Clinton was moderate on, Bush was far to the right of him, and he only created 1.25 mil. jobs. Whereas Clinton created 23 million. Even Obama created 7.3 million. When I hear numbers like that, I think "Huh, seems like Democrats are right."

As a whole Clinton was to the right of Bush.

Spending is a BIG BIG deal. The size of govt rose under GW Bush and fell under Clinton. That was the MAIN reason for the boom under Clinton and stagnation under Bush. Clinton reduced the size of govt by 5% of GDP. That meant that govt was $500b smaller in 2000 than it would have been had spending as a % of GDP remained at 1993 levels. That $500b didnt create economic distortions that borrowing and spending creates. That $500b went to start up corporations, mostly high tech and was the unemployment rate was 3.8% in the summer of 2000.
WVdemocrat
DimpledChad
United States

« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »

As a whole Clinton was to the right of Bush.

Spending is a BIG BIG deal. The size of govt rose under GW Bush and fell under Clinton. That was the MAIN reason for the boom under Clinton and stagnation under Bush. Clinton reduced the size of govt by 5% of GDP. That meant that govt was $500b smaller in 2000 than it would have been had spending as a % of GDP remained at 1993 levels. That $500b didnt create economic distortions that borrowing and spending creates. That $500b went to start up corporations, mostly high tech and was the unemployment rate was 3.8% in the summer of 2000.

Spending isn't everything. Bill wasn't a conservative on the economy. He was a moderate. Bush was an economic conservative. When it comes to spending, Bill was a pragmatist. He cut where he could, but he also raised taxes.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2015, 07:40:07 PM »

Not surprised, as most R&B song singers identify with Hollywood or MTV crowd.

Exactly. This could help with the young black vote, especially in Ohio, Virginia, California, New York.

Yes, particularly Ohio, where this is a major issue.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies