Kirk ranked 6th most bipartisan senator
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:07:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Kirk ranked 6th most bipartisan senator
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Kirk ranked 6th most bipartisan senator  (Read 2288 times)
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2015, 12:47:57 AM »
« edited: May 24, 2015, 12:54:06 AM by smoltchanov »

Those were in midterm yrs where Dem turnout was much lower.

The GOP party is more moderate at state level in the states you named. But, Jeb or Walker will be the nominee.

Certainly, Clinton will look moderate compared to them.

Lepage is not a moderate and he won. He may have won even with Cutler not being on the ballot. He reached 48%, Cutler voters would have had to both turn out for a race without Cutler AND vote for Michaud by a true, over 60%, landslide for him to win.

And i will add that Maine has few minorities and turnout there was rather good. I always disliked radical activists of BOTH parties for a habit of making a very simplistic explanations for all their losses and errors (and unbridled unfounded optimism too: i remember as even in the morning November 4th 2014 many "activists" wrote on DKE that  Democrats will preserve Senate majority, considerably improve their positions in state legislatures and among Governors, and will make at least some gains in the House. Absolutely seriously)..
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2015, 12:58:41 AM »

The GOP party is more moderate at state level in the states you named. But, Jeb or Walker will be the nominee.

Lepage is not a moderate and he won. He may have won even with Cutler not being on the ballot. He reached 48%, Cutler voters would have had to both turn out for a race without Cutler AND vote for Michaud by a true, over 60%, landslide for him to win.

And i will add that Maine has few minorities and turnout there was rather good. I always disliked radical activists of BOTH parties for a habit of making a very simplistic explanations for all their losses and errors (and unbridled unfounded optimism too: i remember as even in the morning November 4th 2014 many "activists" wrote on DKE that  Democrats will preserve Senate majority, considerably improve their positions in state legislatures and among Governors, and will make at least some gains in the House. Absolutely seriously)..
I thought that as the beginning of the cycle, but by about October, I realized it was going to be a slaughter. I do agree with you though, blaming all of Democrats' losses on turnout is a poisonous line of reasoning. Dems put up a lot of bad candidates last cycle.
smoltchanov
Junior Chimp
Russian Federation

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2015, 01:01:50 AM »

And i will add that Maine has few minorities and turnout there was rather good. I always disliked radical activists of BOTH parties for a habit of making a very simplistic explanations for all their losses and errors (and unbridled unfounded optimism too: i remember as even in the morning November 4th 2014 many "activists" wrote on DKE that  Democrats will preserve Senate majority, considerably improve their positions in state legislatures and among Governors, and will make at least some gains in the House. Absolutely seriously)..
I thought that as the beginning of the cycle, but by about October, I realized it was going to be a slaughter. I do agree with you though, blaming all of Democrats' losses on turnout is a poisonous line of reasoning. Dems put up a lot of bad candidates last cycle.

Thanks! I began to feel that way in September.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies