2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:54:18 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
Poll
Question: Which ticket do you support?
Haslam/Rubio

Castro/Edwards

Reagan/Richards

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: 2014-2028: The Just Beginning Golden Age  (Read 16299 times)
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2016, 06:52:17 PM »

I'm betting Haslam gets the sweep.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2016, 07:13:56 PM »

Final Weeks of the Campaign:

The Haslam campaign maintains a roughly 20-point national lead.  As expectations are that there will not be the typical regional polarization in this confusing election, President Haslam campaigns predominantly in Washington, DC and Vermont, trying to win every electoral vote on the map.  People continue to be confused about what the other ticket stands for, as Reagan claims to be a conservative, but the Haslam campaign and Cecile Richards both publicly claim that he is a liberal.  Reagan's and Richards's relationship grows more and more hostile by the day.  This is how things go until Sunday night, November 5, 2028:

RON REAGAN'S SPEECH TO THE NATION AT A CAMPAIGN EVENT IN TUSCALOOSA, ALABAMA:

(National polls going in: Haslam- 57%, Reagan- 40%, with much of the South minus Tennessee and border South states looking like it could have close to an even PVI or only be slightly Republican-leaning)

Never has there been this large of a crowd before!!!  My incredible supporters have packed an all-time record 102,000 people into Bryant-Denny-Saban Stadium!!  I am the most conservative candidate who has ever run for this highest office in the land- more conservative than both my father and President Walker- and I am certainly more conservative than my RINO opponent!!  My running mate, on the other hand, is a baby-murdering liberal.  She opposes the heroic Supreme Court decision in Planned Parenthood v. Walker and also thinks it was a mistake to overturn Obergefell this past June!!  She is a radical leftist in bed with the homosexual agenda and social deviance.  That is why I today endorse Vice President Rubio for re-election.  I encourage my electors to support his being the Vice President.  He is far better than the commie swine Cecile Richards who has personally aborted millions of babies with her bare hands!!  We must keep our country out of the hands of crazies like her!!  REAGAN/RUBIO '28!!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2016, 07:16:38 PM »

How do I make an electoral map with post-2020 EVs?
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2016, 07:20:35 PM »

Go into the URL and change the number corresponding to the state's EV count.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2016, 07:22:47 PM »

Thanks!
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2016, 07:24:10 PM »

Thanks!

No problem.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2016, 09:44:17 PM »

This write-up got WAY better when Ron Reagan showed up as a 70 yo diabolical madman
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #82 on: April 20, 2016, 10:10:40 PM »

NOVEMBER 7, 2028- ELECTION NIGHT

Welcome to FOX News's coverage of Election Night 2028!  Just 48 hours ago, it appeared that President Haslam had finally put away his challenger Ron Reagan.  However, an ultra-conservative speech in Alabama from Mr. Reagan has made this race close again.  The only polls conducted entirely since that speech are within the margin of error.  What the battlegrounds are may also be a little unclear tonight, as it is tough to tell whether the recent 15-20 point swing for Reagan is nationwide or pretty much concentrated as a huge swing in the South and little elsewhere.  But, let's get started by taking a look at the electoral map for tonight:

We are not really sure what to expect tonight, but we have our first poll closings, and we can only project one of the five states at this time:

Virginia: Projected for President Haslam
Virginia has been a swing state in recent elections, but it really is the ultimate insider state.  The Washington suburbs have grown exponentially in recent years, stretching all the way to Richmond, so it is little surprise that the president will easily carry Virginia.

West Virginia: Too Close to Call
Exit polls are showing an extremely close race in West Virginia, and it seems like Reagan's last-minute push for Southern whites is going to make it a really long night in West Virginia.

South Carolina: Too Close to Call
Much of the same trends present in West Virginia are also in play in the Palmetto State.  One big difference is that there appears to be a major class divide with wealthy South Carolinians overwhelmingly backing Haslam.  He should dominate the suburbs of Charleston and Columbia, along with the Myrtle Beach area, while Reagan will have to run up the score in the far Upstate to have a chance tonight.

Kentucky: Too Early to Call
Reagan is clearly dominating Eastern Kentuckian coal country, but Haslam is running very strong with wealthy Southern whites in the Lexington metro area.  Urban Louisville looks like it is narrowly going for Reagan, but Haslam is doing very well in the suburbs.  Western Kentucky and counties along the border with Tennessee, the President's home state, are going strongly for Haslam as well.  President Haslam is favored here, but we are not ready to call it yet.

Vermont: Too Early to Call
There is a massive third party vote in Vermont for the Green Party nominee.  He may reach double digits here.  Many liberal voters do not seem to trust Ron Reagan right now, thinking he is actually a conservative who converted from liberalism some time ago.  President Haslam also campaigned here extensively before the recent speech, when he felt that he had a chance at a 538-0 sweep.  We expect that campagining to actually make Vermont's 3 electoral votes go Republican for the first time in ages, but we're not ready to call it just yet.

President Bill Haslam: 14
Ron Reagan: 0
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #83 on: April 20, 2016, 10:14:11 PM »

Is there a way I can change it on the EVC so that I don't have to go in each time and so that I can have the votes automatically added up?
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #84 on: April 27, 2016, 10:38:43 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2016, 11:11:15 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

7:24 PM:

Fox News is now able to call Vermont for President Haslam.  This was thought to be the toughest state for him to win as of a few days ago, but it seems that Reagan's speech has had a significant negative effect here, while propelling him forward in the South.

Our updated electoral map:

ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #85 on: April 27, 2016, 10:50:09 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2016, 11:11:42 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

It is 7:30 in the East, and polls are now closed in three more states: Indiana, Ohio, and North Carolina.  At this time, FOX News is able to project Bill Haslam the winner of Indiana.  The Hoosier State is fertile ground for his positive, conservative message focused on his accomplishments.  Indications are that the Indianapolis suburbs could go massively for him.

We are not yet able to call Ohio and North Carolina, so let's take a look at those races:

Ohio
We're not sure that the saying "As goes Ohio, so goes the nation" will hold true tonight.  All indications are that we will have a close national race, but exit polling favors President Haslam by about 10 points in the Buckeye State.  The race is not easily breaking down on ideological lines, so expect the unexpected tonight.

North Carolina
It looks like Haslam is doing well, ironically, in the areas of the state where the Democratic Party used to do well.  However, this should come down to how suburbanites vote.  We are seeing them favor Haslam, but not nearly to the degree that they are across the border in South Carolina.

Also, we are able to make one more call for President Haslam, as he has carried the state of Kentucky, due to huge margins in the Western two-thirds of the state, despite getting obliterated in coal country.

Here's your map.  President Haslam's Quest for 538 is still intact for the moment!

President Bill Haslam: 36
Ron Reagan: 0
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2016, 11:09:01 PM »
« Edited: April 27, 2016, 11:12:12 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

It is 8:00, and we have a bunch of poll closings.

We can call the following states for President Haslam:

Delaware, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, Missouri, Maine, the District of Columbia, and his home state of Tennessee

Ron Reagan gets himself on the board with a win that would have recently been unthinkable- in Mississippi

We are not yet able to call Florida, Alabama, Illinois, Oklahoma, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maryland, and New Jersey .

Your updated look at the map:

President Bill Haslam: 93
Ron Reagan: 6

UP NEXT: Analysis of the uncalled states and an exclusive interview with the Governor of New Hampshire, Thomas N. Volunteer, who has endorsed President Haslam!  We'll be back right after this!!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2016, 01:33:45 PM »

8:06 PM:

We are joined now by Governor Volunteer of New Hampshire, but we first have an important projection to make:

OHIO (17 Votes)
President Bill Haslam: 50.2%
Ron Reagan 39.6%

So, our map now looks really good for the president:

President Bill Haslam: 110
Ron Reagan: 6

Now, we are joined by Governor Thomas N. Volunteer (R-NH), who is in a close race himself tonight for reelection!

-Welcome, Governor!

-Thanks for having me, Megyn!

-So, you have endorsed President Haslam.  How do you see him doing in New Hampshire tonight?

-I am very optimistic about our chances in New Hampshire.  Our citizens- in particular, our women- are very calm, rational people who see the success and prosperity under the Haslam administration and will vote for that to continue tonight.  As you know, New Hampshire is a deeply Republican state that has only gone against us once since President Obama's reelection in 2012.

-What about your race for reelection tonight, Governor?

-It's going to be close.  My opponent has made some nasty claims about me not liking the people of our wonderful state.  They are completely false and are only based on some posts on an obscure internet forum years and years ago.  I experienced an awakening during the Walker administration about how great of a place the Live Free or Die State is and how great the people here are.  I have to thank my lovely wife for showing me the light on New Hampshire.  All I can say is that, if we win tonight, I look forward to continuing to serve this incredible state with such great people!!

-Thank you for your time, and best of luck tonight!!

Coming up next, we will take a deeper look at some of the results coming in at this hour, and we may have a couple calls to make!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2016, 06:48:11 PM »

8:17:

At this time, we have two more projections to make.  FOX News can now project that President Haslam has won the state of Maryland, while Ron Reagan has won West Virginia.  The map continues to get more and more unusual, and Haslam does seem to be exceeding overall expectations coming into the night.

President Bill Haslam: 120
Ron Reagan: 10

Let's take a look in at a couple of our key battlegrounds:

South Carolina (57% in)
Reagan: 44.7%
Haslam: 44.3%
Given what is still out, things are beginning to look up for the President in the Palmetto State

North Carolina (52% in)
Reagan: 46.0%
Haslam: 43.3%
We are expecting a very close finish in NC.

Florida (66% in)
Reagan: 49.7%
Haslam: 39.9%
We only have not called this race because we are expecting Vice President Rubio to help President Haslam dominate the Miami area, which is largely still out.

New Jersey (30% in)
Haslam: 44.1%
Reagan: 37.5%
We have New Jersey as too early to call, and it is likely that President Haslam will carry it by the end of the night.
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #89 on: May 01, 2016, 09:01:44 PM »

It is now 8:30, and polls have closed in Arkansas.  Like we are seeing in most of the rest of the South, things are looking very close in the Natural State tonight.  We can make two more calls, however:

New Jersey (41% in):
President Bill Haslam: 46.0%
Ron Reagan: 36.4%

South Carolina (70% in):
President Bill Haslam: 45.5%
Ron Reagan: 43.7%

Our map now looks as follows:

President Bill Haslam: 143

Unless the West votes significantly differently than the East, which is possible since Reagan is a Westerner, it is difficult to see a scenario in which President Haslam will not be reelected to a second term.
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2016, 11:17:08 PM »

Bahaha Governor Volunteer with a great take on the NH women
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #91 on: May 02, 2016, 10:32:06 PM »
« Edited: May 05, 2016, 02:20:28 PM by ExtremeRepublican »

8:49 PM:
We're noticing some weird trends in the votes from the state of Alabama.  We have a hypothesis, but we need a few more minutes to confirm exactly what is going on.  In the mean time, let's alert you of a key projection:

NEW HAMPSHIRE (4 VOTES): PROJECTED FOR PRESIDENT HASLAM
Bill Haslam: 46.0%
Ron Reagan: 39.8%

And, to check in on the Gubernatorial race (65% reporting):

Governor Volunteer (R): 38.6%
Susie Johnson (AFLP): 38.5%

As you can tell, the Progressive Party, the Libertarians, and the Greens are all running strong in New Hampshire.  We have no idea whether Governor Volunteer will survive, or whether angry women will turn out to defeat him over what he said in the past on some obscure political forum called Atlas.

President Bill Haslam: 147

As for what is happening in ALABAMA:

With 37% reporting, Reagan leads Haslam 49-47.  A couple things can be noted from this.  First, third parties are preforming terribly in the South, as these two tickets seem to offer what Southerners want.  But, judging from results in demographically similar Mississippi, which has been called for Reagan, we think Reagan should be up by about eight points right now in Alabama, given what is in.  Now, our models think that Alabama should be going down to the wire, but we would naturally expect that Reagan should carry the state easily.  Why he isn't is very interesting, but will only be understood by Southerners.

Reagan is actually doing better than we would expect in North and West Alabama.  For instance, he is well ahead in Tuscaloosa County, where his now famous speech took place, which should be a narrow Haslam win demographically.  He is also exceeding expectations within the City of Birmingham and not getting obliterated in the well-off Birmingham suburbs.  However, he is doing absolutely terribly in South Alabama (outside of the Gulf Coast).  This is most evident in Lee County, where he is only getting 15% of the vote.

It seems that, believe it or not, football allegiances are possibly the most predictive factor in this state tonight.  He is doing even better than we would expect, albeit only slightly, in areas where most residents are fans of the University of Alabama.  However, he is getting killed among fans of Auburn University.  Unfortunately, we didn't have exit polls that asked about football allegiances, but we suspect that this is a result of his speech at Bryant-Denny-Saban Stadium last weekend.  During that speech he made the mistake of poking fun of the fact that Auburn has only won one Iron Bowl (the Alabama-Auburn football game) since the legendary "Kick Six" game in 2013.  He also said that Auburn has no chance in this years highly-anticipated game in Tuscaloosa the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  It seems to have hurt him more with Auburn fans than it helped him with Alabama fans, but the good news for him is that Alabama does have a larger fanbase in the state.  We will keep you updated on everything going on in Alabama, but we will now go to break and then come back for the 9:00 Eastern poll closings.  Stay with us!
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #92 on: May 05, 2016, 02:43:41 PM »

It is 9:00 on the East Coast, and we have a bunch more poll closings.  It does seem that things may be picking up a bit for our challenger now, and we are not ready to make any statements about who will win tonight.

The biggest prizes in the recent poll closings are New York and Texas.  Both are currently too close to call.  In Texas, we are seeing the same class split that we have seen in much of the South.  In New York, New York City and the Hudson Valley prefer Haslam, while the white working class upstate is excited about Reagan.  The Green Party is also having a strong showing in the Adirondacks.

As for what we can call, we are projecting the following states for President Haslam: Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming and Kansas

Ron Reagan has won Rhode Island, Louisiana, Arizona, and New Mexico.  We can also now project that he will win Massachusetts.

In addition to Texas and New York, we are not yet able to call Michigan and Colorado.  The fact that we are unable to call Colorado should be worrisome to President Haslam.  We said earlier that Reagan's only chance would be for the West to behave differently than the East, and it seems like that might be the case.  Eastern states and areas similar demographically have gone easily for President Haslam, and the fact that Colorado is not just too early to call, but too close to call, has to worry the president.  Something weird is going on in Georgia.  Polls should have closed two hours ago, but there has been confusion and chaos at the polling booths, so a few locations will be open for another 30 minutes to 1 hour.  We are just starting to get results from Georgia, but we will not call the state before 10:00 (a.k.a I messed up in my timeline).

Let's look at the map:

President Bill Haslam: 186
Ron Reagan: 49
Uncalled: 195
Polls not closed: 108
RaphaelDLG
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #93 on: May 05, 2016, 05:02:56 PM »

Based on the map, Ron Reagan seems to appeal to a demographic similar to TRUMP primary voters, though he's a much weaker candidate overall
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #94 on: May 05, 2016, 05:13:56 PM »

Based on the map, Ron Reagan seems to appeal to a demographic similar to TRUMP primary voters, though he's a much weaker candidate overall

Kind of:
-He loses states that are stereotypically "nice", like Trump.
-He loses insider states, much like Trump, but isn't competitive in Maryland
-He loses rich people overwhelmingly
-He does well with people who really hate politicians (even though his dad was president)

But:
-Southern suburbanites don't trust him (kind of unlike Trump)
-Early returns are that he may play better in parts of the West than Trump
-Trends can be weird, because two people can look at him, and one sees a conservative and the other a liberal.  Third party liberal voting also becomes a thing in certain places
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #95 on: May 05, 2016, 05:32:40 PM »

9:12 PM

We have a major call to make that is a big disappointment for the Haslam campaign and for Vice President Rubio in particular:

Florida- 85% reporting (30 votes)
Ron Reagan: 45.1%
President Bill Haslam: 42.0%

Rubio did well in Miami-Dade County for the Haslam campaign, but its vote dump was not enough to close the gap, and the remaining precincts do not look particularly favorable to them.  Stand by because we have another call to make!

New York- 28% reporting (27 votes)
Ron Reagan: 49.2%

President Bill Haslam: 38.7%

It should become closer as the night goes on, but we have enough in from all parts of the state to be confident enough that Reagan will win the state to call it.

All of a sudden, we have a close election, folks!  And, now we wait for the West and our uncalled states.

Reagan just more than doubled his electoral vote total, so here is your new tally:

President Bill Haslam: 186
Ron Reagan: 106
Uncalled: 138
Polls Not Closed: 108
This account no longer in use.
cxs018
Junior Chimp

« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2016, 05:54:12 PM »

Can't Plague the Reag
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #97 on: May 05, 2016, 09:57:06 PM »

9:26 PM:

FOX News has exclusively obtained an interview with Ron Reagan!

Kelly: Welcome to America's Election Headquarters, Mr. Reagan!

Reagan: Thanks for having me, Megyn!

Kelly: Let's jump right into this.  President Haslam leads you by 80 electoral votes right now.  Is your campaign going to be able to make them up.

Reagan: I think we will.  I really think we have a chance in Texas tonight, but it will be close.  And, California is going to go big for me.  It's my home state, and the people of California love me and my father and want to bring back those prosperous times.  Make America Great Again!!

Kelly: (Chuckles)

Reagan: And, if you add Texas and California onto what is already called, I have the lead.  Our internal poll numbers out West are outstanding.  I mean, you saw over 100,000 people pack themselves into a football stadium to hear my message the other night!!

Kelly: So, are you really a conservative?  You have taken some very liberal positions over the years.

Reagan: I have never said that I wasn't a crazy left-wing weirdo in the past, but that doesn't mean I am one now.  I had a conservative awakening during President Walker's administration, and I am definitely more conservative than Billy over there.  I can't wait to win this election for the American people, for the grassroots.  The political establishment is over with!  I will defend our victories on morality and make us prosperous like never before!!

Kelly: Your rhetoric is reminding me a little bit of Donald Trump, the runner up to President Walker in the 2016 primaries.  What do you make of the comparisons?

Reagan: Well, there was always little substance to Mr. Trump's campaign.  He never laid out clear issue positions, which wound up being his downfall, as President Walker was able to use that to make the conservative base distrust him.  On the other hand, I have made my policy preferences clear.  I am a constitutional conservative, just what our country needs.  And, I should add that Donald actually did have deep policy plans, and he has endorsed our campaign.  I look forward to working with a talented businessman like him when I am the president.

Kelly: Is there anything you want to add before we go?

Reagan: Yes, there is.  West Coast, this election will come down to you!  Please be sure to go to the polls to bring about the best eight years America has seen since my father, Ronald Reagan, was president!!

________

Unfortunately for Mr. Reagan, FOX News does have one more call to make, as we can project the State of Oklahoma for President Haslam.

Haslam now leads 193 to 106 in the chase for 270!

ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2016, 05:15:05 PM »

9:48 PM:

The comeback continues for Ron Reagan!  FOX News can now project that Michigan and Illinois will be carried by the challenger.  These two were states that Haslam had been banking on, so it might be time to put the celebration on hold at President Haslam's headquarters in Nashville.  Let's look live at Reagan HQ in Los Angeles, where the crowd is starting to believe!!

Here's your updated map, and stay tuned for more poll closings at the top of the hour.

President Bill Haslam: 193
Ron Reagan: 140

9:59 PM: Quickly before we get you all the rest of the poll closings, we have an update to get you from New Hampshire!  In the gubernatorial race, a recount will be necessary, but it seems that, at least preliminarially, angry women have been able to take down Governor Volunteer.

New Hampshire (99.7% in):

Susie Johnson (AFLP): 38.41%
Thomas N. Volunteer (R): 38.39%
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix

« Reply #99 on: June 07, 2016, 09:32:14 PM »

It's the top of the hour, and we have some good news for President Haslam.  Four states have just seen their polls close, and we can project all four for him.  Iowa, like the rest of the Upper Midwest has strongly drifted to the right over the last decade, but not in the right way to be susceptible to a campaign like Reagan's.  Exit polls show Haslam winning Utah 84-9 after the Morman Church officially endorsed him on Friday and reiterated it following his Alabama speech.  Montana and Idaho are also generally satisfied with Haslam's presidency and will vote for him comfortably tonight.

Here's our new map!

President Bill Haslam: 212

With one hour left to vote on the West Coast, we have updated statements from both campaigns.

Haslam: We ran a 50 state campaign, hoping to make history with the biggest conservative landslide ever tonight.  And, yes, this map is closer than we expected tonight.  But, we are well ahead of Reagan in the electoral college and know that we will prevail.

Reagan: California, make your voices heard.  My father was the best governor you have ever had, and I will be the best president you will ever have.  We're doing great with Westerners, so we are really ahead of that RINO right now.  Let's return this country to the principles of our founding.  Reagan is back!!

If Reagan is right about his dominance of the West Coast, then Texas's 41 electoral votes are looking more and more important.

We do have some more good news for Haslam, as FOX News is able to make one more projection:

GEORGIA- 16 EV (49% reporting)
President Bill Haslam 49.7%

Ron Reagan 42.8%

President Bill Haslam: 228

Texas alone can now win the election for Haslam, assuming that the House sides with him, as seems likely.

An update on Texas:
40% reporting
Reagan: 42.0%
Haslam: 41.0%
Castro: 13.5%

As you can see, Castro is doing decently in Texas, especially among Hispanics, who are voting for each of the three candidates at roughly even rates in the state.  It's not clear whether or not he is playing spoiler to either candidate, however.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies