Palestinian national football team detained by Israel
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:37:49 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Palestinian national football team detained by Israel
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Palestinian national football team detained by Israel  (Read 1556 times)
ag
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 12:19:05 AM »

As he was neither entering Israel nor leaving it, no he wouldn't be.

Actually, I'll amend my statement. It's reasonable to expect a certain sort of person playing on  FC TSK Simferopol to be detained any time he left Crimea for Ukraine. However I'm not sure that's a comparison you'd like very much.

Well, if he tries traveling on a Russian passport, they would simply not let him in from Crimea - and anybody else with a Russian passport, without Ukrainian residence permit, for that matter Smiley  He could still get out of Crimea by avoiding Ukraine, though.
MalaspinaGold

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 12:29:47 AM »

I figured that reference would draw you in.
But you see I mean a Crimean of a certain *ahem* background. Would he be able to leave via Black Sea for instance?
ag
Atlas Icon

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 12:33:30 PM »

I figured that reference would draw you in.
But you see I mean a Crimean of a certain *ahem* background. Would he be able to leave via Black Sea for instance?

I am not sure what you mean. If the "certain" background means Tartar or Ukrainian, the issue would be coming back, not so much leaving - unless they are persecuting him in particular. Otherwise, he just travels to the isthmus, walks accross the border, shows his Ukrainian documents and goes in. If the "certain" background is Donetsk/Luhansk fighter, then he would have to go through Russia, which, probably, means either a plane from Simpheropil, or a ferry from Kerch. What would be the problem?
dead0man
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2015, 04:55:55 AM »

Weird that Snowbigot hasn't posted about an actual athletic team (the entire team, not one member) that was detained for 9 hours (in a room with no food, water or chairs).  Were told that security would not be provided in the host country.  Their flag was absent and the host country refused to put one up and they received death threats from the fans while they were competing.

google link
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »

Weird that Snowbigot hasn't posted about an actual athletic team (the entire team, not one member) that was detained for 9 hours (in a room with no food, water or chairs).  Were told that security would not be provided in the host country.  Their flag was absent and the host country refused to put one up and they received death threats from the fans while they were competing.

google link

That doesn't count, those are Joos.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies