Palestinian national football team detained by Israel (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:39:51 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Palestinian national football team detained by Israel (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Palestinian national football team detained by Israel  (Read 1566 times)
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« on: May 22, 2015, 10:29:18 PM »

Mondoweiss is revolting, a hive of self-hating Jews just short of Norm Finkelstein. Even most Jewish leftists consider them to be a dangerous group.

But then, you knew this.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2015, 10:50:15 PM »
« Edited: May 23, 2015, 10:53:56 PM by Walker Republican »

http://www.timesofisrael.com/palestinian-soccer-player-detained-at-jordan-crossing/

Here, are people happy now, and can you discuss the issue rather than the earlier source?

Certainly.

It seems they briefly detained a single athlete due to some red flags in his background (Hamas links), much like any number of us might be flagged by TSA before boarding a plane. He was released shortly and allowed to proceed.

Ergo, the whole team wasn't detained, there was an actual reason for the detention, and the idea that a brief security delay is some sort of international incident kind of proves my point that MondoWeiss is trash.

Edit: I'm not entirely sure I trust this article either, though, just because I googled the player's name and I only got six hits on the entire internet via google, most of which seemed to be this article linked from somewhere. I wonder if they got the name wrong or what, because I'd like to see an article from a neutral perspective just to verify.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2015, 10:50:48 PM »

Mondoweiss is revolting, a hive of self-hating Jews just short of Norm Finkelstein. Even most Jewish leftists consider them to be a dangerous group.

But then, you knew this.

Why don't you respond to the actual topic instead of criticizing the source?

It deserves the same treatment as Rense or Stormfront, that's why.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 11:32:11 AM »

But then, you knew this.

Why don't you respond to the actual topic instead of criticizing the source?

It deserves the same treatment as Rense or Stormfront, that's why.

This is why having any kind of discussion with you is pointless. You think any kind of criticism of Israel on any level is equivalent to wanting to eliminate Jews from existence.

MondoWeiss isn't JStreet or even Jewish Voice for Peace, both of which are Israel-critical sites with some level of credibility or at least respectability. Mondoweiss is a revolting hive of anti-Israel, anti-Jewish conspiracies and libels.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2015, 12:21:34 PM »

In what regards the bias of sources, The Times of Israel must be as joke media as that Mondoweiss. I have read the former, but never the latter. If you want impartiality, try international media (and still you must be careful with the sources). Oth, I suspect that derogatory expressions like "self hating Jews" speaks very eloquently of the people that use them. Lol at Zionist hacks, once again. Said this, Israeli security checkpoints in the Occupied Territories are awful places. Palestinians are accustomed to worse humiliations than that.

Yeah, I don't really trust them either. Weren't they the god-awful site that let some random stupid American with no ties to the conflict make a post about genocide that fed the anti-Israel media for months?

I can't find any real sources, though. The first has a blatant lie in the article headline, and the second, while having some decent descriptions of the incident of true, gives us a name of the athlete who doesn't show up on any websites as any sort of pro athlete like you'd think he would.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2015, 12:41:08 PM »

Anyone can post blogs on Times for Israel. I like them, better Haaretz, anyways.

That's what I thought. It was a user-submitted blog that got them tons of flak - deservedly, given the content, but most ignored that there is no review/approval on this site.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2015, 11:23:03 PM »

Thanks. So even a Lebanon paper states it was a brief delay for a single player due to a red flag in his background. That seems like something that would happen in virtually any country.
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2015, 11:29:49 PM »

Thanks. So even a Lebanon paper states it was a brief delay for a single player due to a red flag in his background. That seems like something that would happen in virtually any country.
No.

A guy who recently did jail time for serving as a courier to a terror group that killed hundreds of citizens wouldn't experience a brief delay at the border in the US?
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2015, 04:01:38 PM »

Weird that Snowbigot hasn't posted about an actual athletic team (the entire team, not one member) that was detained for 9 hours (in a room with no food, water or chairs).  Were told that security would not be provided in the host country.  Their flag was absent and the host country refused to put one up and they received death threats from the fans while they were competing.

google link

That doesn't count, those are Joos.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies