Which journalist would you nominate as a 'dick'.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:02:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Which journalist would you nominate as a 'dick'.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Which journalist would you nominate as a 'dick'.  (Read 3836 times)
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2015, 02:39:52 PM »

Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Lawrence O'Donnell, just about every member of the WH Press Pool, etc.
Jon Stewart isn't a journalist, he's a comedian, so he basically is paid to be a dick as it is pretty funny.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2015, 02:47:52 PM »

Oh here's one tool that nobody has mentioned: Perez Hilton.

I find non-political journalists often far More likely to be bloodsucking parasites than the political hacks
NeverAgain
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2015, 02:53:58 PM »

Bill Maher, Jon Stewart, Lawrence O'Donnell, just about every member of the WH Press Pool, etc.
Jon Stewart isn't a journalist, he's a comedian, so he basically is paid to be a dick as it is pretty funny.
So is Bill Maher for the same rational.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2015, 03:30:18 PM »

So is Bill Maher for the same rational.
I agree with that, but I am not saying Bill Maher is a journalist or even a political commentator. He's a comedian, and has no expertise in political science or related fields, so his analysis isn't serious.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2015, 05:06:02 PM »

Chris Matthews is up there.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2015, 05:19:39 PM »

Chris Matthews is only like the 3rd or 4th biggest dick on MSNBC.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2015, 05:51:45 PM »

Bill O'Reilly, wife beating scumbag.
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2015, 08:17:00 AM »

I hadn't heard about this, so I looked it up. It appears to be based on his daughter's recollection of a specific event from 4 years prior when she was 11. Her recollection could be true, but it's important to keep in mind her recollection also could be completely wrong. That doesn't mean she's lying, rather that memory is very unreliable. Consider that earlier this month a reporter believed he saw a man get shot when in fact no one was shot.

Moreover, what we're actually hearing is a psychologist's recollection & interpretation of what he believes she told him.

If he did that then yeah, that's horrible. Maybe you give custody to the mother to be on the safe side. But it hardly seems something to hang a man's reputation on, given the uncertainty (that I have at least).
emailking
Atlas Icon
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2015, 08:20:58 AM »

The heck is you guys' beef with Chuck Todd? He seems likable to me and is always very polite any time I've seen him. He's very knowledgeable of politics and especially local election dynamics, at least as good as any of the map experts here.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2015, 09:05:35 AM »

The heck is you guys' beef with Chuck Todd? He seems likable to me and is always very polite any time I've seen him. He's very knowledgeable of politics and especially local election dynamics, at least as good as any of the map experts here.

He was very good but the last years he seems to have developed a weird grudge against Obama.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2015, 11:10:48 AM »

He's turned into the poster child for bad beltway reporting. You can Google the dozen or so concern-trolling comments he made during the 2012 presidential race. I remember one saying Obama was in trouble because Romney voters were much more enthusiastic.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2015, 12:01:06 PM »

Bill O'Reilly or Sean Hannity are the perfect examples of the first.

They're journalists? 
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

He's turned into the poster child for bad beltway reporting. You can Google the dozen or so concern-trolling comments he made during the 2012 presidential race. I remember one saying Obama was in trouble because Romney voters were much more enthusiastic.

He'd fit right in on Atlas with the baseless "nobody is enthusiastic about Hillary" comments.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2015, 09:57:32 PM »

Lawrence O'Donnell, Bill O'Reilly, Chris Matthews, Ed Schultz, Larry Kudlow, Sean Hannity, Geraldo Reviera, Piers Morgan, and that's just off the top of my head. 

At the end of the day, however, the biggest dick of all journalists has to be Chris Cuomo.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies