Do you, at least occasionally, consume alcoholic beverages? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:29:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you, at least occasionally, consume alcoholic beverages? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes (legal age)

Yes (under legal age)

No (legal age)

No (under legal age)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Do you, at least occasionally, consume alcoholic beverages?  (Read 2536 times)
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: May 24, 2015, 02:34:43 PM »

No (under legal age)

Will that change in college next year?  Probably not. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2015, 04:04:38 PM »

No (under legal age)

Smiley Don't change!

It would be hilarious if I ended up like Cathcon by the end of next year, but given the necessity of maintaining a high GPA (possibly 3.7-3.8, not so easy for a Palo Alto college) for my career prospects (and to get admitted into the school's coterminal master's program), it's just not in the cards. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »

No (under legal age)

Smiley Don't change!

It would be hilarious if I ended up like Cathcon by the end of next year, but given the necessity of maintaining a high GPA (possibly 3.7-3.8, not so easy for a Palo Alto college) for my career prospects (and to get admitted into the school's coterminal master's program), it's just not in the cards. 

For the record, I did not go to college expecting to go Greek, and as well I'm an honors student. I'd only been certifiably drunk once prior to college (and that was the summer after I graduated), though that itself was largely an issue of availability of the product. I'd been high several times.

And yes, consuming one right now as a matter of fact. Hoping to drunk post later today. Had my second "test" of the month this morning, so I'm clear until June to drink. #ProboProbz

Your college experience does sound pretty cool, sans the probation. 

I suppose my attitude might change if I find I can maintain a 3.8ish without much effort, but that's probably pushing it. 
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 10:22:20 PM »

Given your posts, I assume you'll be in some sort of STEM major. I'm a liberal arts major and my experience with bio, bio-chem, & engineering students, it's harder to maintain an acceptable GPA. Having seen a number of students in those majors have less than desirable grades and/or switch majors, do what you feel is necessary. A gut who was a senior my first year routinely got 4.0's though & is now in a doctoral program as a med student, and routinely imbibed, so to each their own.

Yeah, we'll see how it goes.  That would be great if I could balance both work and play effectively (probably Math/CS major BTW)...........I suppose we will see in a few years how everything shook out. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies