NAY (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:00:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  NAY (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NAY  (Read 707 times)
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« on: May 25, 2015, 10:26:53 AM »

Second, because it omits and subsequently erases important regulations set by the Twenty-Fourth Amendment. Under this new amendment, Senators would be legally allowed to become Secretary of Federal Election or Registrar General, something Atlasians already rejected when they voted against the Fairness In Cabinet Obligations Amendment. Yeah, I know that can be fixed through legislation, but something as delicate as that should be well set in the Constitution.

This is about amending article V section 1.
https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Official_Constitution#Article_V

I am not sure what the amendment does. I thought it changed text of the first paragraph but what followed (senators being able to be in Cabinet office) was not changed because I don't remember reading legislators discussing a desire to change that in their debate.

But if section 1 becomes only what the text is in the amendment maybe it means senators can't hold more than one office.

I'm not sure what is the result if this is adopted and there was not an explanation to the general public on this long amendment.
Poirot
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 05:03:10 PM »

It's not clear for me if the amendment changes Senators being able to hold another office or not.
(constitutionnal amendment 24) Maybe it was discussed before, when this Cabinet amendment was introduced and discussed the first time.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

I worry about this stoping some situation like in the Northeast the Lieutenant Governor is also a representative and that could be seen has tow offices. I think this text was there before and it hasn't stopped the NE Lieutenant Governor situation so I don't think it would change.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies