Do you behave more or less the exact same way you did ten years ago?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 11:16:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Do you behave more or less the exact same way you did ten years ago?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Do you behave more or less the exact same way you did ten years ago?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 41

Author Topic: Do you behave more or less the exact same way you did ten years ago?  (Read 931 times)
Meclazine for Israel
Meclazine
Atlas Icon
Australia

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2021, 06:56:50 PM »
« edited: August 20, 2021, 07:19:07 PM by Meclazine »

No,

Due to my vintage guitar customers ringing me up at random times throughout the day (and night), I have had to listen to people's opinions more during the last 4-5 years. I have to shut up more, and actually take in what others are saying to effect business.

Then I take their information presented, and reconfirm their enquiry with a few pleasant questions leading into what is called....a conversation.

A remarkable development where you learn to interact with people on a more human basis through agreement and commonality. I could not believe how simple it was by simply starting with:

"OK, just so we are in agreement here,..."

"Are you saying that...."

"So let me get this straight in my mind, you are saying...."

"What would you like to do?"

"That is correct, but the real question here is what do you want to do?"

These are critical pointers to guide the customer to reveal their true ambitions over the remaining 60 seconds of the phone call.

Customers who do not purchase (and competitors) talk about your store and you. Customers who do purchase talk about themselves and why the product is good for them.

If the conversation is successful, the customer should simply talk about themself and then explain to you why the product would suit them. If not, ask them questions leading to this conversation.

That sales template has transferred nicely into my geological career, and I have been able to spot aggressive, non-productive conversation a lot earlier, and use influence and persuasion to guide it into a better result for both parties.

Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies