Least Favorite County in your state
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:46:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Least Favorite County in your state
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Least Favorite County in your state  (Read 1704 times)
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: May 25, 2015, 04:40:36 PM »

Had to be asked, no way every county is possibly golden, no way.

Going first:

Orange County is my least favorite for California (current residence)

And Loudoun County is my least favorite for Virginia (school year residence)

Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 04:42:39 PM »

One of the boring, sparsely populated northeastern counties, I'm sure.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 04:43:32 PM »

Chester
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 04:44:03 PM »

Harding or Douglas
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 04:47:58 PM »

There's two types of 'worst' counties in Florida: there's the 'suburban hell' counties (Broward and Seminole come to mind), but there's also the 'rural hell' type (Liberty, Glades, Lafayette, Dixie, Calhoun, Hamilton, etc). The latter's probably worse, but no idea what the worse one is. Probably Liberty.
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 04:49:56 PM »

It doesn't get much crappier than Norfolk County.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2015, 05:01:32 PM »

Sherburne
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2015, 05:02:14 PM »

Richmond
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2015, 05:08:03 PM »
« Edited: May 25, 2015, 05:16:40 PM by Snowguy716 »

Stearns County

Really the Stearns/Sherburne/Benton trifecta that St. Cloud presides over.  St. Cloud is, let's just say, not my favorite town.

Stearns/Sherburne/Benton are kinda the Deep south of Minnesota.  Family trees don't branch, everyone is fat and funny looking, vote Republican, and the congestion caused by unfettered sprawl is breath and peace of mind taking.

All those Bavarian Catholics were in such a hurry to get to White Castle after mass for some fine Murican kwih-zeen that they had a bit of a kerfuffle at the intersection. 

CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2015, 06:10:55 PM »

Hmm... this is a hard one. Illinois has numerous counties I don't really care for, but don't really hate. I guess it'd have to be Morgan County. I hate its shape and I once got lost in "downtown" Jacksonville, so there. But outside Chicago, county lines really don't matter... it's all corn and soybeans.

Oh I also hate the shape of Tazewell County too.
H. Ross Peron
General Mung Beans
Junior Chimp
Korea, Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: -1.91

« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2015, 06:39:10 PM »

Sad

Maybe Kings I guess.

YaBoyNY
NYMillennial
United States

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2015, 06:40:08 PM »

Probably one of the useless upstate counties like Allegany, Erie, or Niagara.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2015, 06:42:56 PM »

Kern. Worst air pollution in the country.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2015, 07:04:13 PM »

Benton. The Tri-Cities are the worst.
retromike22
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2015, 07:55:52 PM »

WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT? But it has Disneyland and nice conformist suburbs with pretty people!

My least favorite, and should be to any Californian, is:

Imperial County.

RINO Tom
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.52

« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2015, 08:33:56 PM »

Hmm... this is a hard one. Illinois has numerous counties I don't really care for, but don't really hate. I guess it'd have to be Morgan County. I hate its shape and I once got lost in "downtown" Jacksonville, so there. But outside Chicago, county lines really don't matter... it's all corn and soybeans.

You clearly haven't been around your own state much if you think it's "all corn and soybeans," but I highly doubt it's worth it to argue about this with you.

Anyway, the objectively worst county in Illinois is Alexander.  That shouldn't even be debatable.  It's hell on Earth.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2015, 09:41:37 PM »

Probably either Nassau or Putnam.
CountyTy90
United States

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2015, 10:02:27 PM »

You clearly haven't been around your own state much if you think it's "all corn and soybeans," but I highly doubt it's worth it to argue about this with you.

Anyway, the objectively worst county in Illinois is Alexander.  That shouldn't even be debatable.  It's hell on Earth.

Nah nah I'm not one of those Upstaters who thinks there's nothing down there. I went to EIU, so I've lived downstate. And honestly, I prefer it to Chicagoland. But in general terms, it's mostly corn and soybeans. I went to Springfield a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I like Peoria. I've had some awesome times in Quincy. I love the Quad Cities. Galena is awesome. I think you read too much into what I meant.

Need I remind you, I grew up in a small farming town, so I'm not some suburbanite saying this. I've spent my fair share in rural Illinois.
RFayette
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2015, 10:10:44 PM »

Nah nah I'm not one of those Upstaters who thinks there's nothing down there. I went to EIU, so I've lived downstate. And honestly, I prefer it to Chicagoland. But in general terms, it's mostly corn and soybeans. I went to Springfield a few weeks ago and really enjoyed it. I like Peoria. I've had some awesome times in Quincy. I love the Quad Cities. Galena is awesome. I think you read too much into what I meant.

Need I remind you, I grew up in a small farming town, so I'm not some suburbanite saying this. I've spent my fair share in rural Illinois.

Cairo, Illinois is a terrible town, so Alexander should win for that.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »

One of the boring exurban Milwaukee counties. Walworth, Jefferson, Dodge, etc.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2015, 11:16:23 PM »

And you didn't stop to visit? Wink

Anyway, there are still 10 of the 102 IL counties I haven't been in yet. Calhoun is the most northerly of those, but it's not on the way to any place, so one has to be intentional to visit it. The lack of an easy way to add it to my county list, makes it my current least favorite.
Ebsy
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2015, 11:56:13 PM »

St. Charles County.
RI
realisticidealist
Atlas Icon

« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2015, 12:19:08 AM »
« Edited: May 26, 2015, 12:23:12 AM by realisticidealist »

At least Benton's populated and has actual stores you can shop at if you live in Walla Walla. I've seen some great sights on the Columbia around there. On the other hand, I can't think of a single redeeming quality about Lincoln County, WA. Wahkiakum County is super pointless, too.
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2015, 12:38:41 AM »

At least Benton's populated and has actual stores you can shop at if you live in Walla Walla. I've seen some great sights on the Columbia around there. On the other hand, I can't think of a single redeeming quality about Lincoln County, WA. Wahkiakum County is super pointless, too.

Yeah, but I didn't feel like calling any of the empty counties "the worst" just because there's nothing in them. Garfield County is empty and pointless, but I bear no antipathy towards it.

I don't even dislike Eastern Washington that much. It sucks compared to Western Washington, but Spokane is an alright city, Leavenworth is cool, Pullman is fun, Walla Walla is quaint, and every time I drive through Yakima I at least get to see a bunch of cool military vehicles. Tri Cities is a nuclear plant and the blandest patch of suburbia.

Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2015, 01:17:38 AM »

Don't really have one - I guess Sullivan? Not much is there
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies